talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 5-6th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get the fuck in! Was at work so didn’t even get to see the updates, but what a fucking relief! Chuffed. 

That was the hardest game this month for me. I’d be disappointed if we don’t beat both spurs and Utd in the state they are in. 

• Subscriber

Liverpool fans can keep complaining about how teams keep bending over for City but the amount of times teams come to Anfield, shut them down and then do something beyond ret@rded to gift them the victory is unreal. Jordan Pickford, Spurs last season, that from Leicester.

Bitter blue out.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Liverpool fans can keep complaining about how teams keep bending over for City but the amount of times teams come to Anfield, shut them down and then do something beyond ret@rded to gift them the victory is unreal. Jordan Pickford, Spurs last season, that from Leicester.

Bitter blue out.

That’s different to sides just bending over and letting us rape them. That’s just those players being a bit shit.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Bitter blue out.

Shut them down? It should have been a cricket score xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shut them down? It should have been a cricket score xD

It was also 1-1 with one minute left. 

It was tongue in cheek anyway. I'm starting to reach a place where you can add me to the long lists of people that are starting to get over giving that much of a toss what groups of 11 blokes who I've never met and probably barely speak the same language as me get paid £200k a week to do. Had it up to my eyeballs in no small part due to Everton being Everton every fucking season.

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So clumsy 

Clumsy? He knew exactly what he was doing.

I've always thought those fouls should be reds. Not only are you deliberately preventing a goal with a foul, it's also pretty dangerous because you're always going to be more reckless when your only intention is to bring the player down. Hopefully there's no lasting damage to Salah

Relieved to win though. Was worried about this one so not too concerned about the performance that brought three points. I wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester in or around the Champions League spots this year

7 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Liverpool catching breaks this season. Sheffield gk howler last time out and this last minute Pk today.  

Unrelated but somewhat , how come refs can end a game when a team concedes a corner kick? But a last minute pk, sure go ahead!

Are you saying it shouldn't have been awarded?

Some people are really clutching at straws here. Just watch the highlights, there was only ever one team in this. 

Deserved win in anyone's book. 

• Administrator

Disclaimer before I start my post - only listened to it on the radio as I was driving so haven't seen any footage, goals, decisions etc.

Sounded like Liverpool battered us first half. Should have been ahead by more than 1 with a couple of chances before Mane scored, think Milner and Firmino with the best chances? The goal was coming and was deserved; commentators made it sound like it was a slip-up from Evans? It's no surprise for me that Mane scores again at Anfield. He's on fire and for me is Liverpool's best player right now. Perhaps has been for the past 6 months, at the very least?

Liverpool's pressing game was too much for us and restricted us from playing our 'natural' game, so to speak, hence the lack of chances so I'm not having it that it was some shithouse performance as @LFCMike says - in fact that does a discredit to your own performance. Think it's harsh that just because we had 2 shots on target means it was shithouse. It's a very simplistic view if that's what you get from the game. 

It sounded like the pressing game tired you and we took advantage - dare I say the goal was coming for us as well? Pressure mounting and Liverpool becoming a bit sloppy in possession. Perhaps tiredness from the midweek game kicking in too?

Not gonna lie, based on how we came back in the 2nd half it sounded like we were good for the draw so I was of course absolutely gutted we conceded a last minute penalty. Albrighton with a clumsy error fouling Mane. No doubt Milner wasn't ever gonna score from the spot. 

Said many times before that it's these kind of games where you snatch a late winner can spur a team on to keep going against tough sides and go on to win the league. For me that's Liverpool this season. Eight points clear now at this stage of the season is impressive. 

For anyone criticising Choudhury - sorry but that's his game and it was a cynical foul. You'd love any of your players to do the same should the opposition be attacking and chase the winner. Just bad luck and unfortunate that he's injured Salah. I'd be equally annoyed if for instance Henderson injured Maddison/Tielemans etc. It's football. It happens. There's cunts on every team xD

I expected us to lose at the start of the day but gutted we couldn't hang on.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived