talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 3rd May - Monaco 0-2 Juventus (1st Leg)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Asura said:

Surprised he didnt smash it into the stands like he normally would. Great goal all the way from Marchisio to Dybala to Higuain to Alves and Higuain. 

It's not a final :ph34r:

Just now, Cicero said:

It's not a final :ph34r:

hahah true... but it would be hilarious if he scores a hat trick against real madrid in the final, take of the shirt and start dancing infront of perez 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

hahah true... but it would be hilarious if he scores a hat trick against real madrid in the final, take of the shirt and start dancing infront of perez 

That is if Real get to the final...:ph34r:

As much as I rate Monaco this season (like so many others) and I wouldn't want them to go out because there are so many reasons connected to football.  Juventus can only beat Real and as much as I dislike Juve, my hatred for Real reaches no ends and I want Juve to get there to give it a go.

• Administrator

you wait all your life to score a Champions League knockout goal and then 2 come in the same game.

Good goals by Higuain. 

Juve need to play both Benatia and Barzagli in the 2nd leg, considering both Chiellini and Bonucci are a yellow away from missing the final. 

Will just be Real's luck if Juve can't field their strongest XI in the final. 

• Administrator

Chiellini, as much as I love him as a defender, is lucky not to have been sent off twice here. One for the elbow on Falcao, which he only got a yellow for. And then could have got a 2nd yellow for a late tackle. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 3rd May - Monaco 0-2 Juventus (1st Leg)

It's a shame such an exciting run from Monaco has ended in such a dull manner, but I guess it's for the best, only Juve can beat Real Madrid, and that's pretty much confirmed as the final already.

• Administrator

just watching Juve's first goal back. The teamwork and simplicity mixed with trickery was great to watch. Dybala's flick, the transition from defence to attack, the Dani Alves/Higuain 1-2, Alves' back-heel, the composed finish by Higuain. Top class all round. 

1 hour ago, Asura said:

Surprised he didnt smash it into the stands like he normally would. Great goal all the way from Marchisio to Dybala to Higuain to Alves and Higuain. 

Are we starting with the retarded comments again? Like i already told you countless times, it's extremely stupid to criticize someone who has scored as many goals as him (283), who has a gpm ratio of almost 0.60 and of a goal every 130 mins THROUGH ALL HIS CAREER, having played in two of the best leagues in the world for 95% of it and for one of the best NT in the world for missing a few goals, given that despite it not being as hugely advertised as his', every attacking player or striker has done so, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, even Messi or CR, you name it.

Each and everyone of them and any others have missed goals, and it doesn't make them any less good, as it's completely understandable and only normal for them do since football players are also human beings, that can and WILL make mistakes like me and you and everyone else. Therefore players should be judged for what they do in the majority of matches in their extensive careers, not for 1, 2, 3, 5 or 10 matches.

Great result for Juve who were by far the better side and this is where the limits arrived for Monaco who've had a great campaign and shouldn't feel like failures which I'm sure they won't.  AS Monaco are a minuscule football club where to do what they've done in today's football is more than just commendable.

But there's something that needs to be done for the good of humanity and to ward of the evil within the sport which is to stop that disgusting breed in the Iberian Peninsula winning this year's edition.  I am willing to do whatever to call the spirits onto ruining that satanic football club's campaign. :)

Well done Juve.

Allegri is the reason Juventus have done so well these several years. 2 years ago in the final they  only had 2 players who would be in this years' starting lineup. Only Buffon and Bonucci (Chiellini was injured). Basically a new team made to gel in record time.

2015        2017
Buffon     Buffon
Bonucci   Bonucci
Barzagli   Chiellini
Lichtsteiner Alex Sandro
Evra          Dani Alves
Pirlo          Pjanic
Vidal         Khedira
Marchisio Cuadrado
Pogba       Mandzukic
Tevez        Dybala
Morata      Higuain

Whatever our respective club allegiances may be, I think we all want to see Buffon lifting the Champions League trophy. He absolutely deserves it. A true gent and sportsman.

Even the manager is a decent chap which is a rarity these days.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived