Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Wednesday 3rd May - Monaco 0-2 Juventus (1st Leg)

Monaco are a strong side, especially on the attack, although I can't see anything other than Juventus progressing to their second final in 3 years here. One thing Monaco haven't had to come up against thus far in the competition is a solid defence and Juve will be a whole different ball game to facing City or Dortmund, who are both good attacking sides, but are nowhere near as complete a side as this Juve one is.

Dan    629

How weird is this. Attack against defence yet the attack is the underdog.

I reckon 1-1 tomorrow and Juventus to finish it off in Turin.

Stan    2,887

had a dream last night Mbappe scores early after a cross from the left and he taps in with his left foot just outside the six yard box.

I had a dream last night where werewolves were trying to kill me, but some were harboring me, and I had a set of silver nail clippers. There was a silver knife as well but it was too close to the bad werewolves and I didn't want to risk it

• Upvote 1

Stan    2,887
5 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

I had a dream last night where werewolves were trying to kill me, but some were harboring me, and I had a set of silver nail clippers. There was a silver knife as well but it was too close to the bad werewolves and I didn't want to risk it

do werewolves play football?

Cicero    1,573

Hope Juve win now as I doubt Monaco will be able to beat Real in the final 

Berserker    576
5 hours ago, Tanksie said:

You should change your name to MowgliBoy.

Should be a relatively comfortable passage to the final this.

Eco    531

As odd as it might be, going for Juve. This is mainly because of Buffon and the country of Italy.

Panflute    266

Very interesting match-up this. Monaco are doing very well, but Juventus have only conceded 2 goals in the competition so far, both of which in the group stage.

I've thought from the first knock-out round that Juventus will win this thing, so I expect them to make it through here. If I would have to guess a score, 0-0 tonight and 2-0 next Tuesday. Though I hope I'm wrong and we'll see some goals tonight.

Blue    694

Monaco are good but experience will prevail in this. I say a draw in this match and Juve wins in Italy comfortably.

Toony    95

Looking forward to this, think it could a decent game. 

Monaco can score goals against anyone but Juventus just know what they're doing at the back and I think they'll come away with an away goal tonight and win the tie at home.

Cure    193

Juve could have easily scored there had Higuain not slipped over. Dybala is a pacey tank.

Cicero    1,573

Don't think this is ever said enough, but aside Dani Alves' defensive liabilities, he is a tremendous footballer. Links up brilliantly with everyone. 

Spike    1,284
18 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought Bayern were eliminated

Nobody got my joke ¬¬

Stan    2,887

love when a co-commentator can instantly make a judgment on when a player is okay or not after a knock/injury.

McManaman just did it but he's not the only one to do so. 

Stan    2,887

what a goal!!!! Alves with a lovely back-heel to lay up Higuain, slotting in with ease. 

Cicero    1,573

Great football leading up to that. 

Really hope this Juve team win the competition for Buffon 

Asura    234

Surprised he didnt smash it into the stands like he normally would. Great goal all the way from Marchisio to Dybala to Higuain to Alves and Higuain. 

Cicero    1,573
9 minutes ago, Asura said:

Surprised he didnt smash it into the stands like he normally would. Great goal all the way from Marchisio to Dybala to Higuain to Alves and Higuain. 

It's not a final :ph34r:

Asura    234
Just now, Cicero said:

It's not a final :ph34r:

hahah true... but it would be hilarious if he scores a hat trick against real madrid in the final, take of the shirt and start dancing infront of perez 

Spike    1,284
1 minute ago, Asura said:

hahah true... but it would be hilarious if he scores a hat trick against real madrid in the final, take of the shirt and start dancing infront of perez 

That is if Real get to the final...:ph34r:

Asura    234
Just now, Spike said:

That is if Real get to the final...:ph34r:

per @SirBalon they have invested enough to reach the final and possibly win it all :ph34r:

Machado    476

Juventus have only conceded 2 goals so far in the competition... none in the knock outs. Wtf...

SirBalon    1,679

As much as I rate Monaco this season (like so many others) and I wouldn't want them to go out because there are so many reasons connected to football.  Juventus can only beat Real and as much as I dislike Juve, my hatred for Real reaches no ends and I want Juve to get there to give it a go.

Stan    2,887

you wait all your life to score a Champions League knockout goal and then 2 come in the same game.

Good goals by Higuain. 

...Dan    117

That's that. Mistake by Bakayoko, perfect ball by Dani Alves, Higuain wasn't gonna miss that.

Machado    476

Juventus are the superior side. Better and more experienced. Monaco are exciting and great at what they do but it's not enough.