talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL

football forum

• Subscriber

This is how things have shaped up. Some real tough matchups to call here. I have the feeling Carolina can beat out Boston but thats going to be a real tight series. TB Columbus for obvious reasons has some intrigue. Vegas Chicago will be a doozie. Washington Isles will be a gooder too. Not feeling great about Nucks drawing St Louis, but who knows, this whole season has been thrown out the window. 

stanley-cup-bracket-2020.jpg?fit=1400,78

short notice, but I just created a hockey pool

Compete for the grand prize including a 2020 Ram 4x4 Crew Cab truck -- winner's choice of the Ram 1500 Sport or the Ram 2500 Night Edition -- plus $5,000 cash! Forty winners will share more than $135,000 in cash and prizes!

Sportsnet Fantasy Hockey Pool, Playoffs Edition presented by Ram is FREE and easy to play.

Once you've registered go to the Your Groups page and join the "ice" group that I've created.

3 minutes ago, binder said:

short notice, but I just created a hockey pool

Compete for the grand prize including a 2020 Ram 4x4 Crew Cab truck -- winner's choice of the Ram 1500 Sport or the Ram 2500 Night Edition -- plus $5,000 cash! Forty winners will share more than $135,000 in cash and prizes!

Sportsnet Fantasy Hockey Pool, Playoffs Edition presented by Ram is FREE and easy to play.

Once you've registered go to the Your Groups page and join the "ice" group that I've created.

here is the link

https://fantasy.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet/hkplayoff20/groups?sticky=1

• 2 weeks later...

1.gif

YESTERDAY'S RESULTS
Bruins 3-4 Lightning (Series tied 1-1)
Canucks 5-2 Golden Knights (Series tied 1-1)

TODAY'S SCHEDULE
Islanders vs Flyers (NYI leads 1-0)
Lightning vs Bruins (Series tied 1-1)
Avalanche vs Stars (DAL leads 2-0)

• Subscriber

Well we fully deserved to be knocked out last night if not for a heroic performance from our young tender Thatcher Demko. Team didnt show up for 2 periods and somehow stayed alive to pull out a 2-1 win. My observations so far it looks like Vegas is the best team going in west and ultimately will finish off the nucks here probably in short order and will likely cruise into the finals here. 

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Well we fully deserved to be knocked out last night if not for a heroic performance from our young tender Thatcher Demko. Team didnt show up for 2 periods and somehow stayed alive to pull out a 2-1 win. My observations so far it looks like Vegas is the best team going in west and ultimately will finish off the nucks here probably in short order and will likely cruise into the finals here. 

I can't stand Vegas...such a shame how much they beneiftted from their inaugural draft. 

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah thats another story... the even more bs part get this they are protected from the Seattle expansion draft lmfao.

Are you from Vancouver? I've been there a few times, (all after the Olympics), and it's a brilliant city. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Eco said:

Are you from Vancouver? I've been there a few times, (all after the Olympics), and it's a brilliant city. 

Yep, born and raised in suburbs around the area/still here. I love it. Only other place Ive considered living was Oregon barring recent events. The west coast in general is beautiful.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yep, born and raised in suburbs around the area/still here. I love it. Only other place Ive considered living was Oregon barring recent events. The west coast in general is beautiful.

Completely agree. My Dad and I flew to Portland, drove over to Eugene, and then went to the coast and did the drive to to Seattle and Vancouver, even spending the night in some off shore, small Island off of Vancouver. 

Could absolutely live in that area of the world. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Completely agree. My Dad and I flew to Portland, drove over to Eugene, and then went to the coast and did the drive to to Seattle and Vancouver, even spending the night in some off shore, small Island off of Vancouver. 

Could absolutely live in that area of the world. 

Yeah the Oregon coast is an amazing drive. I try to go down there every so often and usually camp along the way. Ive driven all the way down to San Fran a once as well I remember  Portland is very similar to Vancouver its kind of funny except they have far better public transport. I was actually just there before Christmas for a week my girlfriend, brother and I rented an air bnb. I have alot of family that lives in Victoria; a great place to check out they have some amazing parks and scenery. The sunshine coast I havent been around in years but I remember much of the same too. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Big night for ya @Viva la FCB

Would love to see the Flyers and Canucks win so we 3 Game 7's.

I'm still surprised Lightning made such quick work of the Bruins.  

Yeah im stoked. Win or lose I dont think any of our fans could have expected this kinda run already so were playing with house money. On the grand scheme I think Vegas is the best team in the west still but crazier things have happend.

Lightning Vegas would make for some great hockey to watch, my prediction for now!

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah im stoked. Win or lose I dont think any of our fans could have expected this kinda run already so were playing with house money. On the grand scheme I think Vegas is the best team in the west still but crazier things have happend.

Lightning Vegas would make for some great hockey to watch, my prediction for now!

Probably, but since my team is out, let's get some fresh blood in there! 

Islanders vs Stars baby!

Congrats @Viva la FCB

Canucks just made it 4-0, and Demko has put in a performance for the ages tonight...God like really.

I don't think you guys were the better team tonight, but an individual performance is enough in hockey to mitigate other deficiencies. 

Just under 2 minutes remaining and I hope Demko gets the SO...and then POTG....and then an ice cold shot of vodka and a good sleep..stopping 50 shots in 3 periods is no easy task.

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to NHL