• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL

football forum

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2019 at 21:46, CaaC (John) said:

Different net... same Petr Cech 🏒⚽⛔

Didn't even know you had ice hockey in the UK. xD

Anyway, what the fuck is going on with the Red Wings? Surely Blashill needs to go. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Didn't even know you had ice hockey in the UK. xD

WHAT!!!! xD

Love the game although I have never been on the ice the wife has done skating at Murrayfield when she was young, we have local teams here too that we watch on the box when we can. 

SCOTTISH ICE HOCKEY

EDINBURGH CAPITALS

Caps-678x381.jpg

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

WHAT!!!! xD

It's just that I've never come across a British hockey player. Like in the NHL, you got your Canadians, Americans, East Europeans, Scandinavians/Nordic and the occasional German, Swiss or Austrian. But never have I seen a British player. :D

I used to play myself too when I was younger. Good times. Haven't been on the ice for years now. I miss it though. 

Our local team is quite big: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Düsseldorfer_EG

When I was in the hospital as a one year old baby, they visited me. Got autographs, a scarf and a hat. Still have that hat somewhere around here. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

What a great season it's been recently. I've been watching almost all of the Montreal matches in French, which has been a nice change in my learning. Too bad they are on a horrid run at the moment. 

The usual suspects are killing it Caps, Blues, Bruins, etc. 

3 hours ago, Eco said:

What a great season it's been recently. I've been watching almost all of the Montreal matches in French, which has been a nice change in my learning. Too bad they are on a horrid run at the moment. 

The usual suspects are killing it Caps, Blues, Bruins, etc. 

As long as you don’t plan on going to France and speaking Quebecois

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

As long as you don’t plan on going to France and speaking Quebecois

xD

I enjoy going to France, but my American/French accent is rather shit so I doubt they can tell it's from anywhere BUT the great of US of A. 

• Subscriber

Holy jesus did anyone catch anything of that Caps Sharks game. I just watched the clipped end and OT. Sharks had a 3-2 lead with about 1:30 to go, Cap's net empty and Sharks scored one to make it 4-2. Cap's kept the goalie pulled with about 1 min left they scored twice and tied it 4-4 and forced OT. The OT was crazy back and forth and Caps ended up winning 5-4. Apparently only one other team has ever scored and empty net goal and gone on to not win, back then it ended as a tie though. Madness.

Also that World Juniors was a fun watch. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Holy jesus did anyone catch anything of that Caps Sharks game. I just watched the clipped end and OT. Sharks had a 3-2 lead with about 1:30 to go, Cap's net empty and Sharks scored one to make it 4-2. Cap's kept the goalie pulled with about 1 min left they scored twice and tied it 4-4 and forced OT. The OT was crazy back and forth and Caps ended up winning 5-4. Apparently only one other team has ever scored and empty net goal and gone on to not win, back then it ended as a tie though. Madness.

Certainly did - as a Caps fan thoroughly enjoyed it. This team is really good and will get better, but we've had exceptional teams in the past and then gone out in the second round to the Pens. When we did win it then it was a bit unexpected so not sure what to make of it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Storts said:

Certainly did - as a Caps fan thoroughly enjoyed it. This team is really good and will get better, but we've had exceptional teams in the past and then gone out in the second round to the Pens. When we did win it then it was a bit unexpected so not sure what to make of it.

Good stuff! Thats the funny bit, they argueably had better teams back when they could never beat the Pens but thats just how sports go. This year the team seems on a mission though and now with the pedigree of winning I would say its at least safe to be cautiously optimistic. 

I went to the game when they played here in Vancouver in November I think it was? crazy game then too, nucks where up 5-1 and lost in a shootout...It was a weird game I remember Cap's where coming off of a back to back in Edmonton the night before and scored in the first minute but looked super sluggish for 2/3 periods. Kuznetsov scored with like 0.6 seconds left in the end of the second to make it 5-2 and then the Cap's came out playing in the third and tied it up. Cap's have kind of been my second team to watch since Ovi came into the league, hes been hands down my favourite player since then. Also Id turn gay for him.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

As a Sharks fan I was thinking yeah this is going to end very well for us. Then it just all went to pots. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Haha, right! Even the announcers where talking about their best win of the season xD

As a rule of thumb. Premature anything is just bad ... fucking Caps. Kane should have ended it in OT but he got stopped and then seconds later they go up the other end and win. 

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

A proposal was put forward yesterday I think about a playoff type format. Basically 24 teams would be the cut off for the start of this fest. The top 4 teams in each conference play a round robin style set of games to determine seeding. The remaining 8 teams in each then play a best of 5 qualifying series. The result of both of these will then be the start of the playoffs. The games are to be played in 2 hub cities (1 east 1 west) which are still to be determined from a shortlist of like 8 or 10 cities still. 

City 1 – Best-of-5 Qualifying Round

#5 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #12 Montreal Canadiens
#6 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #11 New York Rangers
#7 New York Islanders vs. #10 Florida Panthers
#8 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #9 Columbus Blue Jackets

City 1 – Round Robin for Seeding in First Round

1. Boston Bruins
  2. Tampa Bay Lightning
  3. Washington Capitals
  4. Philadelphia Flyers

City 2 – Best-of-5 Qualifying Round
#5 Edmonton Oilers vs. #12 Chicago Blackhawks
#6 Nashville Predators vs. #11 Arizona Coyotes
#7 Vancouver Canucks vs. #10 Minnesota Wild
#8 Calgary Flames vs. #9 Winnipeg Jets

City 2 – Round Robin for Seeding in First Round

1. St. Louis Blues
  2. Colorado Avalanche
  3. Vegas Golden Knights
  4. Dallas Stars

• 1 month later...

@Viva la FCB and @Spike - Did you guys see this? xD

Seattle Kraken to take the ice in 2021-22 NHL season

The Kraken has been released.

Seattle's NHL team, which will make its debut in the 2021-22 season, on Thursday finally announced its name -- the Kraken -- as well as a color scheme: icy blue and navy blue with sharp red accents.

The NHL officially named Seattle as its 32nd team in 2018 for a $650 million expansion fee.

A legend from the deep awakens.

Meet the Seattle Kraken → https://t.co/Bkrkr8rxnF pic.twitter.com/XCtFvmNGNM

— Seattle Kraken (@NHLSeattle_) July 23, 2020

"It's a very unique and unusual name in sports, because almost all sport franchises end with an 'S,'" Andy Jassy, a part-owner of the team, told ESPN. "There are a lot of obvious connections to Seattle -- part because of our maritime history; part of because we have so much water around us -- but there is longtime folklore in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest of this mystical Kraken creature that lives just below the surface of the sea, which really captivated people for many years. That mystique, that intensity, and that power that people have long talked about with the Kraken is what we expect our NHL team to play with."

Two things - 

1. Name is hilarious, but somehow sounds minor league to me
2. Colors of blue and red is disappointing, as all teams in Seatlle have the same, unique, color scheme, and none of them have 'sharp red accents'. I guess the problem with their color scheme is that it would have matched the Canucks and that would be a massive no-no I assume. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eco said:

@Viva la FCB and @Spike - Did you guys see this? xD

Two things - 

1. Name is hilarious, but somehow sounds minor league to me
2. Colors of blue and red is disappointing, as all teams in Seatlle have the same, unique, color scheme, and none of them have 'sharp red accents'. I guess the problem with their color scheme is that it would have matched the Canucks and that would be a massive no-no I assume. 

1. Makes me think of my friend who'd refer to taking his morning dump as 'releasing the kraken'. And it is Scandinavian not American folklore 9_9
2. They didn't want blue and green, fans voted against it.

Seattle Totems would have been nice but that would have been racist or something. It's a FUCKING WHITE SOX S. They couldn't have made this more generic if they tried.

49 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I love the name. From the list I was hoping that would be the choice. I cant wait to hear "release the kraken" as the intro onto the ice.....

They better have this at every bar - 

12913222746142.png

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to NHL