talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL

football forum

11 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

So the timeline im hearing is 3-4 months till hes back on the ice. Would give him a couple months of play to get up to speed before playoffs. This Vegas team is going to be scary. 

I heard five, thatis nearly the entire season, right?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I heard five, thatis nearly the entire season, right?

Guess well see, 5 months is closer to most of the season.  If he isnt back its more interesting as they are going to have to make changes given their cap situation in the off season either way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Well somethings gotta give here for the nucks. First head to roll is Travis Green I figure. Im not sure Benning will be back for next season either. I dont know what the problem is exactly, well just that theres so many. Easily our deepest top 9 forward group since like 2012 and this is nearly our worst season in history to date. Far too many players underperforming and looking like theyve checked out, systems that arent working and arent suited to the personal. Just a disaster overall. The real tragedy is how hard these games have been to watch.. I might just have to take a break for my mental. 

• Subscriber

Canucks blew it all up late last night.. press conference today. Green and assistant coach Baumgartner fired, Benning and assistant gm Weisbroad fired. Cleaning full house here. Budreau already announced as Green's successor.. 2 year deal for him. The interim Gm is officially Stan Smyl but it sounds like its a committee with our AHL Gm taking part, both Sedins and the one management guy to survive Benning and co. Exciting to see what happens here. This is basically what I was hoping for but I really didnt expect to happen. 

On 06/12/2021 at 10:14, Viva la FCB said:

Canucks blew it all up late last night.. press conference today. Green and assistant coach Baumgartner fired, Benning and assistant gm Weisbroad fired. Cleaning full house here. Budreau already announced as Green's successor.. 2 year deal for him. The interim Gm is officially Stan Smyl but it sounds like its a committee with our AHL Gm taking part, both Sedins and the one management guy to survive Benning and co. Exciting to see what happens here. This is basically what I was hoping for but I really didnt expect to happen. 

The Sedins just retired, what can you expect from them? Probably more useful on the ice than some of the current players

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Sedins just retired, what can you expect from them? Probably more useful on the ice than some of the current players

They did a press conference I want to say it was the start of the year to introduce them into their roles (maybe It was last year idk time flies) and they didnt really say a whole lot of what their roles are. Kind of learning everything on the management side, Maybe president and gm eventually? dual gms? I dont know really. I know they where both involved in the dealing/talking to OEL before the big trade went through. They did talk about scouting with Abby alot as well (our farm team now is local) and apparently they've been spotted there a handful of times already this year. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

@Viva la FCB after the entire Blackhawks ordeal, it has come to light the USA hockey covered up a sexual assault case concerning a 17 year old Reid Boucher attacking a 12 year old girl at a billet house. Plea deal and no criminal record. Disgusting.

Yeah I saw that story. He was a part of our AHL team for the passed several years, being a perenial AHL allstar and had a handful of games for the nucks in that time. I absolutely cannot fathom how the victim feels see him basically get a slap on the wrist for what he did. Disgusting is the right word.

• Subscriber
On 19/01/2022 at 12:47, Spike said:

@Viva la FCB after the entire Blackhawks ordeal, it has come to light the USA hockey covered up a sexual assault case concerning a 17 year old Reid Boucher attacking a 12 year old girl at a billet house. Plea deal and no criminal record. Disgusting.

The athletic just released an article about it apparently the victim was 12 at the time and he knew her age what a sick fuck. Also two more girls came forward one similar age one 17 that said he had tried to solicit pictures from them as well. I hope they look at that sentencing Jesus Christ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Viva la FCB do you ever read hf boards? Going over the Blackhawks forum right now and getting a tumour. A bunch of guys salivating at trading Hagel, which might be a good idea but I don’t buy into trading out young players during a rebuild. Sell the old guys like Carpenter and De Haan,  not the young players that will actually be around for a while, what is the point of trading a 23 yo for a 1st when the player is performing? I don’t get it

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Spike said:

@Viva la FCB do you ever read hf boards? Going over the Blackhawks forum right now and getting a tumour. A bunch of guys salivating at trading Hagel, which might be a good idea but I don’t buy into trading out young players during a rebuild. Sell the old guys like Carpenter and De Haan,  not the young players that will actually be around for a while, what is the point of trading a 23 yo for a 1st when the player is performing? I don’t get it

No. I read hockey reddit sometimes but I do listen to sports talk radio throughout the day at work. The insiders have been mentioning Hagel as trade bait as well for what its worth. I dont really know anything about your guy's situation but basically if hes young and good it can only be a couple things: contract status, is he going to demand a large raise that may or may not be worth it, cap situation: theres always cap causalities just the nature of it. And thirdly either management isnt that high on him or you have a younger cheaper replacement waiting in the wings for an opportunity. 

52 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

No. I read hockey reddit sometimes but I do listen to sports talk radio throughout the day at work. The insiders have been mentioning Hagel as trade bait as well for what its worth. I dont really know anything about your guy's situation but basically if hes young and good it can only be a couple things: contract status, is he going to demand a large raise that may or may not be worth it, cap situation: theres always cap causalities just the nature of it. And thirdly either management isnt that high on him or you have a younger cheaper replacement waiting in the wings for an opportunity. 

He is on 1.5 for three seasons, I think and after this season the Hawks will have like 30mill free.

Hockey reddit is cancer, have a different opinion and it gets down voted into oblivion. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is on 1.5 for three seasons, I think and after this season the Hawks will have like 30mill free.

Hockey reddit is cancer, have a different opinion and it gets down voted into oblivion. 

Yeah I dont know then man that doesnt make much sense.

I try to avoid posting on reddit in general, just a good source for information for a variety of things I follow. 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy @Spike @Viva la FCB any of you ever watched your local ice hockey team play?  Bristol pitbulls moved away from Bristol because the ice rink was shut. But they have opened a new one so gonna go watch them play. Only £12 a ticket 

Yea, I've been to Düsseldorer EG (DEG) a few times.

It was very entertaining but German hockey's level is a bit higher than the English one though. 😅

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I've been to Düsseldorer EG (DEG) a few times.

It was very entertaining but German hockey's level is a bit higher than the English one though. 😅

Lol yeah you reached the Olympic final a few years ago didnt you? Lost 4.3 to russia with an over time winner if I remember rightly.

We are in the top league though 

It should be decent live though. Tickets are surprisingly hard to get. 

I dont know why indoor sports arent more popular in Britain considering it rains most of the time