talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even fathom this trade at all. Debrincat is easily in the top ten wingers in the league and they get three fucking draft picks for him? One of them 7th in a weak draft?

akfhjklsjdhfjkaszhdlkoias hdhfkljashd lf jkhasdkfdh lkasdjhfh lkadsfhska jsdh

30 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah Blackhawks what the fuck man. There's no way you couldn't do better then that on the cat.

Then they turn Dach into a 13th and then flip a 39th for a better goalie and the 25th 

wtf those are pretty good deals

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Should probably trade Hughes and Petersen.

I dont know what to do tbh. We just signed Miller to an 8x7 so between him and OEL its pretty hard to sell off and rebuild - noone is taking those contracts, especially OEL. Horvat is still a pending UFA this coming off season as well, the big question is will he even want to resign and the same question will be there will Petersson come another year I believe hes a UFA as well. Its just a mess man our defence albiet with injuries is still horendous. Demko is playing below average to start with and the rest of the team follows suit. 

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

I dont know what to do tbh. We just signed Miller to an 8x7 so between him and OEL its pretty hard to sell off and rebuild - noone is taking those contracts, especially OEL. Horvat is still a pending UFA this coming off season as well, the big question is will he even want to resign and the same question will be there will Petersson come another year I believe hes a UFA as well. Its just a mess man our defence albiet with injuries is still horendous. Demko is playing below average to start with and the rest of the team follows suit. 

It really is a team comprised entirely of exactly the sort of player you want on a second line. Not gonna lie, I look at the Canucks and I don't think 'I really want that player on the Hawks' and the Hawks are rubbish bin tier

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Spike said:

It really is a team comprised entirely of exactly the sort of player you want on a second line. Not gonna lie, I look at the Canucks and I don't think 'I really want that player on the Hawks' and the Hawks are rubbish bin tier

We definitely have alot of middle 6 players just like we have alot of 6/7 defenceman on this team. Petersson if he can stay healthy is over a ppg career player but hes definitely a little hit or miss in the last few years... Miller definitely is the that top tier player/game breaker but thats almost it if Petersson isnt having himself a night and Miller turns 30.

Hughes/Demko/Petersson is what i would have said is the core of the team and if you wanted to rebuild around them it would make sense given their ages etc but when you've signed Miller at 30 to another 7 years after this and we have OEL for idk what another 6 years I think off the top of my head you cannot rebuild with that. Another was signing Mikheyev to a 4.25 x4. New management came in essentially and tried to do the same thing previous management had done and failed and I dont see any easy way forward. This team is nowhere near bad enough to be where they are on paper so thats the other side of this; is this just a bad mix? is the dressing room issues who the fuck knows what the problem is but nearly everyone thats left in the last couple years didnt have anything good to say ie Schmidt, Holtby and Dickinson a few weeks ago. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I hate it. Fuck that organization and the Wirtz'. Tough transition to go from Kane and Toews winning 3 cups.. rock bottom and tank with a sellathon and get Bedard. Being a Canucks fan is fucking hard man xD

Don’t worry

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-lose-draft-lottery-connor-bedard-wont-be-a-canuck-at-least-not-yet-6971455

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Spike said:

I know, its probably what makes it worse that we predictably won a bunch down the stretch of mean nothing games. Hes a big canucks fan, his favourite memory growing up watching hockey was the Bieksa stanchion goal xD 

Anyways enjoy him, he looks to be the real deal. 

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I know, its probably what makes it worse that we predictably won a bunch down the stretch of mean nothing games. Hes a big canucks fan, his favourite memory growing up watching hockey was the Bieksa stanchion goal xD 

Anyways enjoy him, he looks to be the real deal. 

Canucks are a good team they should be in the playoffs. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Canucks are a good team they should be in the playoffs. 

Agreed. Hronek looks good but we still need some more help on D. Kuzmenko turned out to be a stud so I think with some tweaks and better system play we should be a playoff team. The play looked better under Tochet and it looked sustainable this time around so we'll see. 

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Didn't know where else to put this but a very tragic death in UK in ice hockey last might. A Nottingham player was hit by another player's skate, and died from injuries :(

Have sadly seen the video and it's horrific. I'd encourage to avoid it and why I've not said more about the injury because it just really is not nice in the slightest. 

RIP Adam Johnson. 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Didn't know where else to put this but a very tragic death in UK in ice hockey last might. A Nottingham player was hit by another player's skate, and died from injuries :(

Have sadly seen the video and it's horrific. I'd encourage to avoid it and why I've not said more about the injury because it just really is not nice in the slightest. 

RIP Adam Johnson. 

Yea, I've read about this. Horrible. And yea, I have no intention of watching that video. 😣

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

As a result of the Adam Johnson tragedy.

It is kind weird but all of minor hockey, like since I was even about 4 years old you had to wear a neck guard and once you aged out 19+ basically noone used them. Rec league, beer league, junior or anything else noone wore them. Im actually surprised something like this didnt happen sooner. Its sad but it does seem to be starting a change for the good. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

It is kind weird but all of minor hockey, like since I was even about 4 years old you had to wear a neck guard and once you aged out 19+ basically noone used them. Rec league, beer league, junior or anything else noone wore them. Im actually surprised something like this didnt happen sooner. Its sad but it does seem to be starting a change for the good. 

The neck protectors that are used  are kinda lame though, well that's what my mate that plays says. You'd know what he means.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Spike said:

The neck protectors that are used  are kinda lame though, well that's what my mate that plays says. You'd know what he means.

Yeah they are but when your used to using them its not really something you notice. just like full cages on helmets, though as soon as you dont wear them it just instantly feels better.