talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL

football forum

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's been a manslaughter arrest over the death of Adam Johnson. I've not seen the incident but was under the impression it was just a freak accident?

Manslaughter doesnt have to have intent is basically how the ruling is as far as I understand it. I dont think anyone can ever really say there was intent on the play. Idk Ill reserve judgement just to see how it plays out first. Im shocked they've gone this far so idk what to think really.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

There's been a manslaughter arrest over the death of Adam Johnson. I've not seen the incident but was under the impression it was just a freak accident?

When you see it, it looks like a kick to the neck. Crazy.

But obviously Ice Hockey players and fans will know more about it being a freak accident.

Okay, now that I've heard the news about the arrest, I watched pictures of the incident. I can't bring myself to watch the video. But did the guy basically karate kick him in the neck while wearing ice skates? Wtf. 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, LFCMike said:

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Okay, now that I've heard the news about the arrest, I watched pictures of the incident. I can't bring myself to watch the video. But did the guy basically karate kick him in the neck while wearing ice skates? Wtf. 

There's a big debate about whether it's intentional. I'm nowhere near qualified to state either way, I don't watch ice hockey but have sadly seen the video. 

He didn't karate kick him in the neck, though. 

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Tommy said:

I honestly dont see a world where they move forward convicting the guy tbh. Unless they have social medai posts or texts or something or a history of bad blood. Its not really a natural movement with the skates but as Danny says it looks like he hit a divit in the ice or collided skates with the another player (its hard to tell on the video) and when that happens you no control basically either way and it sent his skate wildly into the air.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t really follow the NHL, but this is a sad situation all around. First the death of a player during a game is horrible and the family and his teammates having to live with that. Now, the play happened so fast as it always does in the game of hockey so I have no idea if the players skate came up on purpose or not. I would hope that it would be that the player did not do it deliberately. 

Unfortunately, since the play did move so fast and it is somewhat difficult to determine for sure what happened 100% this horrible event has to be brought out into the forefront again. I understand that the facts need to be clarified on this, but for the family and his teammates it is going to be extremely hard to deal with . Not to mention the player that was charged, especially if it was not a deliberate action on his part.