talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most disappointing team of the season thus far?

Who sucks most  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who sucks most

• Tottenham
    • Chelsea
    • Watford
    • Wolverhampton
    • Everton
    • Manchester United

Boyyyyyy do we have some candidates for teams who aren't reaching the bar they would have set. Tottenham have completely capitulated under uncertainty about the future of some star players and the manager. Potch could be sacked at any moment
Everton have 2 wins, 4 defeats in a row and had aspirations of a 6th-7th place finish. Wolves in a similar position
I'm sure plenty of people expected Manchester United to suck, and for Ole to get the sack, so I nearly didn't even include them but 11th with 2 wins from 7 is appalling. 

Who has performed least admirably? 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United are in a dismal state but the truth is it's carrying on the same road we've all been witnessing.

Tottenham Hotspur on the other hand were in the Champions League Final at the end of the last campaign and their general direction was one of improvement and aspirations of grandeur. Spurs are probably the most disappointing team in the the whole of Europe right now.

• Subscriber

Tottenham and Everton. Tottenham have been absolute rubbish and are in a bit of relative crisis. Everton have just been awful, 17th and they've not even had that hard a start.

Manchester Untied have been about as I expected - they've got a manager not even good enough for the Premier League and a really ordinary squad.

Wolves and Watford have been surprisingly bad as well.

Chelsea I think have been alright, they could've been a lot worse actually.

• Subscriber

7 points from Palace, Watford, Aston Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth, Sheffield United and Burnley. 

Nobody is shitter than the mighty Ev.

Then again you should probably give Spurs this poll because it's the only thing Poch is likely to win this decade.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Manchester United are in a dismal state but the truth is it's carrying on the same road we've all been witnessing.

Tottenham Hotspur on the other hand were in the Champions League Final at the end of the last campaign and their general direction was one of improvement and aspirations of grandeur. Spurs are probably the most disappointing team in the the whole of Europe right now.

Let's not forget how woeful Spurs were at the end of last year too. They were in contention with the top two for a while and ultimately finished fourth with form that would have seen them in the bottom half of the table if it had been sustained through a season.

Spurs still in the mix for top 4 though. Really there even currently ahead of Chelsea and United. They have been a disappointment but I'm starting to feel the bandwagon is forming and that normally means things are going to be taken out of proportion soon enough

Tottenham - Yeah, disappointing. 

Chelsea - They’ve exceeded expectations, tbh. 

Watford - No real signings of note in the summer, I didn’t expect them to be as bad but it’s not a huge surprise. 

Wolves - Europa League always ruins teams somewhat, second season and late signings. I didn’t expect anything as good as last season. 

Everton - Awful Away from Home, as Silva’s record has always been in England, signed a teenager to lead their line and Marco Silva. Their home form hasn’t been awful, their away form seems to have regressed. 

Man United - About as expected. 

• Subscriber

Think Wolves have saved themselves. Manchester United however I think may now have hit the point where they're a disappointment even by my incredibly low expectations of them.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Spurs, I could easily say United but when have an arse like Woody Woodpecker and the Glazers there you have to admire any manager working under them arses but Spurs have really got me puzzled, runners up last year in the Champions League and a world-class striker in Kane and they are struggling in the league, when you look at the likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Leicester they are fighting on all fronts and ready to give it a go but Spurs seem to think that European success is more important.

Archived