talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 4th May - Celta Vigo 0-1 Man Utd (1st Leg)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be interesting.

Vigo will fancy it and Man United are stuttering a bit, I actually think they are focusing on this competition more than the league at the moment.

• Subscriber

United will win this one I feel and then take it home and close it out as well. They may not be the best at the moment considering their injuries and their league position but they have it in them to progress.

• The title was changed to Thursday 4th May - Celta Vigo 0-1 Man Utd (1st Leg)
  • Administrator

disappointed with Celta tonight considering they had a fair amount of possession and didn't create too much out of it.

United well on course for the final now. Can't see Celta scoring 2 to win the tie in normal time next week. Rashford was excellent today and the free-kick summed it up. 

Celta were terrible and one of their worst games of the season in attack.  They've lost their fizz in the past month and many were saying that the reason for this was their run in the Europa League while experts were saying that the overuse and massive physical responsibility Berizzo gives this players has been to blame.  Whatever it is, this is the end of the road now and it's a shame because they could've done it.  What's worse is that they've also ruined their chances of being in Europe next season after these past two months.

All the same, it's been a very good season for them considering who they are and their financial clout compared to others, Man Utd included.  Proves a lot of things to be honest.

Good goal by Rashford but the keeper had to do better there, he went for the wrong side and then it was too late to return. Doubt Celta will be making a miracle return at Old Trafford.

Ajax - United final it is!

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Good goal by Rashford but the keeper had to do better there, he went for the wrong side and then it was too late to return. Doubt Celta will be making a miracle return at Old Trafford.

Ajax - United final it is!

Not Quite,  knowing Ajax they will lose 3-0 lol   

39 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Not Quite,  knowing Ajax they will lose 3-0 lol   

Yeah i was shocked after they went down 3-0 against Schalke, not sure why they are poor away. Still the final is one game and the boys will be eager to get a trophy at such a young age.

24 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yeah i was shocked after they went down 3-0 against Schalke, not sure why they are poor away. Still the final is one game and the boys will be eager to get a trophy at such a young age.

Because Ajax only know one way to play football like they play at home. They are very open and when they try to sit back to defend, they cant as it is not part of their ethics and never has been. Its a bit like Arsenal, they try to play the same way but never win a 2 leg tie due to not having the quality of players to do it like Barcelona.  This Ajax side though has a fantasic spirit, high energy as well as some very talented young players. It shall be a very interesting 2nd leg and in a one off game I think Ajax have the beating of Man utd if they play with the high energy like against Lyon, Schalke at Home.

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Because Ajax only know one way to play football like they play at home. They are very open and when they try to sit back to defend, they cant as it is not part of their ethics and never has been. Its a bit like Arsenal, they try to play the same way but never win a 2 leg tie due to not having the quality of players to do it like Barcelona.  This Ajax side though has a fantasic spirit, high energy as well as some very talented young players. 

Yeah the age average is insane only 22.5 that is madness. However against Jose the attacking football could prove to be a disaster as he will surely play all the dirty cards to get his hands on another trophy. Always admired Ajax a massive club through out the football history and well respected from the older fans. The new kids know shit about football and about its history, saying all this when i lived in Rotterdam i was a "fan" of Feyenoord but now i want them to go down because they fucked my bet up when they drew against Zwolle a few weeks ago.

I was disappointed by Celta's performance on Thursday as well, but a confident away performance from Man Utd and should have scored more goals. 

It's still very impressive that 6 different La Liga teams have reached the semi-finals of the Europa League in the past 8 seasons (or this decade). Since the UEFA Cup ---> Europa League re-branding, the only lean year for La Liga clubs in this competition was in 2012/2013 when they had no quarter-finalists. But even then Levante with their tiny budget and ageing squad reached the last 16 which was a huge success story. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived