Espanyol vs Villarreal
Athletic Club vs Real Valladolid
Sevilla vs Levante

image.png.7c249eb6a45c1fb00ea04fb52e6e7671.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These type of games is the only ones Sergio B should be starting. Barcelona was the better team but I'm still not convinced by valverde? 7 offsides 14 fouls and the opposing team with 81% percent of passing efficiency... VERY lucky for valverde that it was only Eibar but they are still far away from playing at the level needed to accomplish  the expactions of the board, CL + League or BUST. 

P.s. @Carnivore Chris dont you find it a bit suspicious that barcelona had almost as many fouls as Eibar (16 -14) but the ref gave ZERO yellow cards to barcelona players as oppose to 5 eibar players getting the yellow card. 9_9

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

These type of games is the only ones Sergio B should be starting. Barcelona was the better team but I'm still not convinced by valverde? 7 offsides 14 fouls and the opposing team with 81% percent of passing efficiency... VERY lucky for valverde that it was only Eibar but they are still far away from playing at the level needed to accomplish  the expactions of the board, CL + League or BUST. 

P.s. @Carnivore Chris dont you find it a bit suspicious that barcelona had almost as many fouls as Eibar (16 -14) but the ref gave ZERO yellow cards to barcelona players as oppose to 5 eibar players getting the yellow card. 9_9

Not necessarily, as Eibar players started making a lot of daft fouls in the second half which were card worthy as opposed to the minor fouls committed by the Barcelona players.

Same with offsides, Eibar were playing a high line, which often leads to more offsides, some were very close also, such as the Suarez disallowed goal. He was JUST offside. If he didn't have such a large head in fact, then he would have been onside there :ph34r:

It wasn't a perfect performance though and the passing was at times very sloppy, but it was better as the game progressed and there were positives to look at, especially when it came to Griezmann.

Messi was given man of the match and you can see why, as he was very active, scored a goal and assisted another, although I would have given it to de Jong today personally. He was class.

Real Madrid looked rattled here. Mallorca are 1-0 up but have just had a goal ruled offside as well which was very close. They are all over Madrid right now.

Anyway, it's good to have La Liga tv back. It's the first time that a league has had its own dedicated channel in English and this even includes our own league, the Premier League, so it should be taken advantage of.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Go on Mallorca! 1 up vs Real. 

Surprised to see Valencia nab a draw at Atletico. Had that down as a home win for sure. 

I'm actually not surprised to be honest as Valencia always play at their best when coming up against the better sides, while Atletico have been seriously struggling for goals this season.

Brilliant win by Mallorca and well deserved. They played more cautiously in the first half than in the second, although held on well. Massive 3 points for them, they really got stuck in today. Some excellent defending overall and when they attacked more, could have had more goals in the first half. 

I'm surprised this is Real Madrid's first loss of the season as they have looked off the pace all season thus far. Saying that they were lucky in the games which ended in a draw. 

Fair play to Granada, they are only two points off top now after their 1-0 win at home to Osasuna last night. Sevilla and Real Sociedad also have a chance to close the gap on the 2 Madrid teams tomorrow. 

Atlético Madrid will seriously need to find goals if they wish to achieve anything this term. 

Dani Parejo's goal for Valencia this afternoon was a rocket. 

Barcelona now top of the league by one point. The team are still not playing to their fill potential but there are improvements being made all the time, Messi and Suárez look to be improving by the game, while de Jong looks better every week and Griezmann is starting to look more comfortable. Not to mention, 3 clean sheets in a row, after conceding in all of the first 6 games, shows improvements defensively. 

10 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Brilliant win by Mallorca and well deserved. They played more cautiously in the first half than in the second, although held on well. Massive 3 points for them, they really got stuck in today. Some excellent defending overall and when they attacked more, could have had more goals in the first half. 

I'm surprised this is Real Madrid's first loss of the season as they have looked off the pace all season thus far. Saying that they were lucky in the games which ended in a draw. 

Fair play to Granada, they are only two points off top now after their 1-0 win at home to Osasuna last night. Sevilla and Real Sociedad also have a chance to close the gap on the 2 Madrid teams tomorrow. 

Atlético Madrid will seriously need to find goals if they wish to achieve anything this term. 

Dani Parejo's goal for Valencia this afternoon was a rocket. 

Barcelona now top of the league by one point. The team are still not playing to their fill potential but there are improvements being made all the time, Messi and Suárez look to be improving by the game, while de Jong looks better every week and Griezmann is starting to look more comfortable. Not to mention, 3 clean sheets in a row, after conceding in all of the first 6 games, shows improvements defensively. 

Everyone talks about Frenkie de Jong being a mix between Busquets and something else that's indescribable as of yet, but that there is something else. For me his performance yesterday led me to believe that this "something else" lives in the realms of what Xavi or maybe even Laudrup back in the day used to provide because some of the passes made without using his eyes he made several passes in extremely dangerous areas both behind the halfway line and in the third quarter that provided that improvisation that is so necessary for a Barcelona style game to be at it's most effective without become a laborious slow job to watch. It added dynamism and creativity which if read correctly opens up the play in a manner like no other team. This is where Griezmann has to adapt because he has never played in that kind of environment which forces him to think beyond the obvious.

All the same, Antoine had a very good game yesterday, his best overall game because his runs opened up the play for other colleagues to capitalise and he also got himself involved in the goals by scoring one too.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everyone talks about Frenkie de Jong being a mix between Busquets and something else that's indescribable as of yet, but that there is something else. For me his performance yesterday led me to believe that this "something else" lives in the realms of what Xavi or maybe even Laudrup back in the day used to provide because some of the passes made without using his eyes he made several passes in extremely dangerous areas both behind the halfway line and in the third quarter that provided that improvisation that is so necessary for a Barcelona style game to be at it's most effective without become a laborious slow job to watch. It added dynamism and creativity which if read correctly opens up the play in a manner like no other team. This is where Griezmann has to adapt because he has never played in that kind of environment which forces him to think beyond the obvious.

All the same, Antoine had a very good game yesterday, his best overall game because his runs opened up the play for other colleagues to capitalise and he also got himself involved in the goals by scoring one too.

Those runs at players that de Jong makes are also brilliant. He bossed the game yesterday and keeps improving every game. Let's also not forget Arthur either. It wasn't one of his stand out performances yesterday but some of his touches were sublime. 

The front 3 really started to click in the second half and showed great signs. All 3 were involved in the last 2 goals and also in the offside goal, along with a few other chances which could have resulted in goals. The team are certainly starting to show signs of huge improvements from what we were seeing. 

Honestly, under the correct guidance, the sky is actually the limit with this squad. It's genuinely a fantastic squad of players, I'm just still not sure if Valverde is the right man in terms of Europe. 

Eibar as with most northern Spanish clubs are extremely difficult to play in especially away from home. Avid La Liga followers know this. Basque sides though, are even more difficult to get results away with and Eibar have shown this since they entered Spain's top division a few years back. I was surprised at the result though, I thought Barça would win this one because of the momentum they've carried over the past few weeks but I thought there'd only be one goal in it.

On 19/10/2019 at 13:17, Carnivore Chris said:

de Jong just gets better every game. What a player. @Panna King

As I write that, Messi scores to make it 2. de Jong, Suárez and Griezmann all involved. 

Yeah de Jong is quality if used correctly which he was not at first, they were playing him so high up the pitch, he should be one of the first people to receive the ball, he builds up play from the back so everyone is able to get in to position.  He rarely ever loses the ball as well, he is the only person at the moment in football I can think that is like this, only Xavi I suppose was the other.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Main sports page on the Basque newspaper 'El Diario Vasco' this morning... what a wonderful picture in the rain of yesterday's victory of La Real versus Betis (3-1).

image.jpeg

It always seems to rain in País Vasco.

I'm going to the Barcelona vs Real Sociedad game, while on the subject of la Real, as it's just after my birthday and since I found cheap hotels last night, I'm going to do it.

I'm booking the hotel and flight in a few weeks so that it's done, especially while the hotel is so cheap. Just over 200 quid for 4 nights in a 4 star hotel(not like I care what star it is, I'll never be in it) is cheap as fuck and if I don't book it soon then it will no doubt go up and maybe even double in price. As soon as the tickets for the game are on sale(which will be ages yet), I will get one straight away, as everything else will already be booked and paid for.

Anyway, it'll be good to not only see Barça again, but get to see Real Sociedad for the first time, a club I have tremendous respect for. Hopefully they continue playing how they have been all season and it makes for a  competitive game.

• The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It always seems to rain in País Vasco.

I'm going to the Barcelona vs Real Sociedad game, while on the subject of la Real, as it's just after my birthday and since I found cheap hotels last night, I'm going to do it.

I'm booking the hotel and flight in a few weeks so that it's done, especially while the hotel is so cheap. Just over 200 quid for 4 nights in a 4 star hotel(not like I care what star it is, I'll never be in it) is cheap as fuck and if I don't book it soon then it will no doubt go up and maybe even double in price. As soon as the tickets for the game are on sale(which will be ages yet), I will get one straight away, as everything else will already be booked and paid for.

Anyway, it'll be good to not only see Barça again, but get to see Real Sociedad for the first time, a club I have tremendous respect for. Hopefully they continue playing how they have been all season and it makes for a  competitive game.

This isn't even a joke mate... Don't book anything before you know if there's a Brexit extension mate as you'll have to apply for a VISA if there is and that needs to be applied to your booking. Things aren't totally clear on that front yet.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This isn't even a joke mate... Don't book anything before you know if there's a Brexit extension mate as you'll have to apply for a VISA if there is and that needs to be applied to your booking. Things aren't totally clear on that front yet.

If I do book it mate, then I would have the option of paying a 15 quid deposit and the rest mid Feb. So that could be an option. but the sooner the better mate, while I can still get the hotel at such a cheap price and it being in the perfect location to where I want to stay. It will quickly go up and I made this mistake last year when I was going to book Barcelona for June and left it until it got too close, which meant prices for hotels doubled.

Fucking Brexit, what aload of nonsense. It's seriously pathetic this country and I don't think people realise how many luxuries we have being part of the EU. There is no reason for change and there are far bigger issues to be tackling I'm afraid. It's just pathetic allround.

• Administrator
On 22/10/2019 at 12:26, SirBalon said:

20 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

If I do book it mate, then I would have the option of paying a 15 quid deposit and the rest mid Feb. So that could be an option. but the sooner the better mate, while I can still get the hotel at such a cheap price and it being in the perfect location to where I want to stay. It will quickly go up and I made this mistake last year when I was going to book Barcelona for June and left it until it got too close, which meant prices for hotels doubled.

Fucking Brexit, what aload of nonsense. It's seriously pathetic this country and I don't think people realise how many luxuries we have being part of the EU. There is no reason for change and there are far bigger issues to be tackling I'm afraid. It's just pathetic allround.

Surely book it before 31st Oct?

I've booked flights for Madrid in Feb and had no issues? My mum and dad booked flights for Sicily in May and again had no issues or warnings they'd have to pay for something extra?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Surely book it before 31st Oct?

I've booked flights for Madrid in Feb and had no issues? My mum and dad booked flights for Sicily in May and again had no issues or warnings they'd have to pay for something extra?

So we’re still gonna have FOM no matter what?

Archived