talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga 2019/20 - Week 9 Fixtures - 18th-20th October, 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Surely book it before 31st Oct?

I've booked flights for Madrid in Feb and had no issues? My mum and dad booked flights for Sicily in May and again had no issues or warnings they'd have to pay for something extra?

Well, I'd have thought everything would have been fine personally, it's just @SirBalon being a scare monger :ph34r:

As for paying extra, I was referring to the hotel, they always go up in price the longer you leave it mate. Not because of brexit, but because hotels can potentially go up in price if you leave it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Well, I'd have thought everything would have been fine personally, it's just @SirBalon being a scare monger :ph34r:

As for paying extra, I was referring to the hotel, they always go up in price the longer you leave it mate. Not because of brexit, but because hotels can potentially go up in price if you leave it.

Trust me mate. If we leave you NEED a VISA. How that’s gonna work we don’t know as of yet mate.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

So we’re still gonna have FOM no matter what?

I don't know xD

Just that while we're still in transition period I guess there'll be gradual changes? Or no extra charges if you've booked before October 31st? I have no idea tbh.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I don't know xD

Just that while we're still in transition period I guess there'll be gradual changes? Or no extra charges if you've booked before October 31st? I have no idea tbh.

That's quite interesting because indeed there would be certain things like some trade that remains the same but I find it extremely doubtful that FOM will be maintained during that period for two reasons (the first one being the most important)... Firstly the kain reason why Brexit occurred (we know this for definite) was because of immigration even with the people that deny it at first when you question them, it ends up going there once quizzed. Secondly because EU Citizens have been given until 22nd of December to sort out their Residence Status in the UK or be deported! I know because my mother who's been here since 1969, voted in General Elections, worked for Islington Council has had a letter through the post from HMG warning her! Also my wife who was born in Italy, worked here and has a child with me.

@Carnivore Chris Oh! Another thing mate... You do have to sort out health insurance if we've left by then because if anything occurs (sickness or injury) you won't be covered and will be charged. Back in the day before the EU's existence you used to be able to do this easily at the Post Office but I don't know what the plans are now.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's old and an agreement with Theresa May's deal... That which you've shown would've had to have been ratified and it didn't even get past Parliament as a term of debate on varying legislations before she was then ousted.

Right now we have a different Deal on the table and nobody knows what's in it in detail as Boris Johnson and the Government want Parliament to accept it without scrutinising it.

In short... Nothing is law until ratified!

This from the British Government's own webpage.

https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-brexit

image.jpeg

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

That's old and an agreement with Theresa May's deal... That which you've shown would've had to have been ratified and it didn't even get past Parliament as a term of debate on varying legislations before she was then ousted.

Right now we have a different Deal on the table and nobody knows what's in it in detail as Boris Johnson and the Government want Parliament to accept it without scrutinising it.

In short... Nothing is law until ratified!

image.jpeg

Scroll down on the same page...

XuPioVb.png

It might not be ratified but the EU has made it perfectly clear that they will allow UK citizens visa-free on short trips as long as the UK reciprocate - regardless if deal or no deal. So unless the UK decides NOT to reciprocate for whatever reason, your trips to the EU won't be affected. 

• Administrator

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

image.jpeg

Mate, nothing on there says about extra charges for travelling...

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's quite interesting because indeed there would be certain things like some trade that remains the same but I find it extremely doubtful that FOM will be maintained during that period for two reasons (the first one being the most important)... Firstly the kain reason why Brexit occurred (we know this for definite) was because of immigration even with the people that deny it at first when you question them, it ends up going there once quizzed. Secondly because EU Citizens have been given until 22nd of December to sort out their Residence Status in the UK or be deported! I know because my mother who's been here since 1969, voted in General Elections, worked for Islington Council has had a letter through the post from HMG warning her! Also my wife who was born in Italy, worked here and has a child with me.

Okay but none of that hints towards there being fees for travelling to EU countries?

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mate, nothing on there says about extra charges for travelling...

Okay but none of that hints towards there being fees for travelling to EU countries?

I never said there were fees mate. I jus told Chris to find out and get advised first. Right now nobody knows what would occur apart from if there’s a no deal Brexit which then 100% there wouldn’t be any agreement at all and a definite VISA protocol.

On 23/10/2019 at 20:49, SirBalon said:

I never said there were fees mate. I jus told Chris to find out and get advised first. Right now nobody knows what would occur apart from if there’s a no deal Brexit which then 100% there wouldn’t be any agreement at all and a definite VISA protocol. 

I think he got mixed up with me speaking about having to pay extra if I leave it too long, but I was referring to hotels. They always shoot up randomly, especially a 4 star one like this is. I mean 50 quid a night? That is a bargain man. You have to grab the deals while you can.

The flight and hotel for Amsterdam in February was about £150 in total as I booked it in December, but when I went in April, it cost more like £250 and the hotel was nowhere near as nice. Likewise in December, the same hotel that cost 80 quid for 2 nights in Feb, costed £150 for 2 nights due to booking it last minute. You have to grab it while you can, which is why I'm going to book it soon. Maybe even this weekend. 

As for health insurance, if I end up injured, I will just start an online petition on here. I'm sure @Stan and yourself will feel sorry for me and pay my bills. Besides, you voted for brexit so you're partly responsible :ph34r:

Archived