talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Appoint Pioli

football forum

Milan all in for Spalletti?

Luciano Spalletti is reportedly in advanced talks with Milan, who are hoping to appoint the former Inter boss.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport, Milan are pushing hard to not only agree personal terms with Spalletti but also release him from his Inter contract.

The 60-year-old left Inter at the end of last season following successive top-four finishes in Serie A but is contracted to the club until 2021.

Nonetheless, the newspaper expects the Rossoneri to formalise Marco Giampaolo’s dismissal once they have struck a deal with the ex-Roma man.

It comes despite Giampaolo leading the Diavolo to a 2-1 win against Genoa on Saturday.

https://www.football-italia.net/145003/milan-all-spalletti

I genuinely like Spalletti, but he can't fix the lack of talent on Milan's side. 

• The title was changed to AC Milan Coaching Search: Poli next up?
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xD

Milan fans furious with Pioli

As Stefano Pioli prepares to sign a low-cost, two-year contract with Milan, fans are unhappy that another Inter supporter is taking the reins.

Pioli is set to replace Marco Giampaolo as Milan’s Coach, and Gazzetta dello Sport notes he will earn just €1m this season, with €1.5m to follow next term if he sees out his deal.

That is markedly less than the €4-4.5m that Luciano Spalletti was demanding for his services, prior to Inter refusing to cover his compensation costs.

However, the Rossoneri’s choice to bring in the 53-year-old has been nothing short of controversial.

Indeed, #PioliOut is currently the top trend on Twitter in Italy, despite the former Inter boss having yet to be formally appointed.

Comments from his time on the blue side of San Siro have also since resurfaced, which do not make for good reading.

“My family are all Interista,” he was quoted as saying by Sport Mediaset.

“My profession took me elsewhere, but my faith was [Inter]. I grew up with the chant, ‘we’ll win the Scudetto with Beccalossi and Pasinato.’”

Pioli lost 10 of his 27 games in charge of Inter during the 2016-17 campaign, although he did lead Lazio into the Champions League.

• The title was changed to Official: Milan appoint Pioli
OFFICIAL: Milan appoint Pioli

Milan have officially appointed former Fiorentina, Inter and Lazio boss Stefano Pioli as their new Coach on a two-year deal.

“AC Milan announces the appointment with immediate effect of Mr Stefano Pioli as the new coach of the First Team,” read a club statement.

“Born in October 1965 in Parma, Stefano Pioli began his career as a coach in 1999. His first coaching experience in Serie A was at Parma in 2006. He then went on to coach several other Serie A Clubs: Chievo Verona, Palermo, Bologna, Lazio and Inter Milan, before moving to Fiorentina in 2017. Stefano Pioli now joins AC Milan on a two-year agreement.

“The Club wishes Stefano and his coaching staff all the best in their work.”

Pioli replaces Marco Giampaolo, who was sacked on Tuesday after just 111 days in the Rossoneri hotseat.

The 53-year-old is a respected figure in Italian football after spells in Serie A with Parma, Chievo, Bologna, Lazio, Inter and Fiorentina.

He led the Aquile to the Champions League playoffs in 2015 and was praised for keeping the Viola together after the tragic death of captain Davide Astori last year.

Despite that, Milan fans in their droves have taken to Twitter with the hashtag #PioliOut, which has begun trending worldwide.

He is widely considered an underwhelming choice, given he failed with Inter and has not won any senior silverware in 16 years as a Coach.

Pioli becomes the Diavolo’s ninth Coach in five years and the eighth to have represented both San Siro clubs, following the likes of Leonardo and Giovanni Trapattoni.

• The title was changed to AC Milan Appoint Pioli
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Genuinely hope Guardiola goes there. But he won’t ever consider it. 

Why? 

Because you want him out of the EPL? 

27 minutes ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

I'd rather have Gattuso, TBH. 

Ugh...I'd rather have neither if I were you. There are better coaches out there than both of these guys, and it doesn't help that Pioli has deep ties to Inter. 

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Why? 

Because you want him out of the EPL? 

Ugh...I'd rather have neither if I were you. There are better coaches out there than both of these guys, and it doesn't help that Pioli has deep ties to Inter. 

I’d prefer he’d go there instead of Juve with what’s being rumored 

Archived