• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group J - Matchdays 7 & 8

football forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sensi out of Italy qualifiers

Inter midfielder Stefano Sensi is out of Italy’s Euro 2020 qualifiers with Greece and Liechtenstein after picking up an injury against Juventus.

Sensi pulled up in the first half during Inter’s 2-1 defeat to Juve in the Derby d’Italia last night.

It is so severe that the FIGC announced on Monday morning he would not join up with the Italy squad.

Instead, the 24-year-old will stay in Milan to step up his recovery ahead of the Nerazzurri’s next game against Sassuolo on October 20.

• The topic was pinned

Džeko out of our game against Finland, not like we would do any better with him there either. We have superb individuals but are a mentally weak national team who gets outplayed by teams who we should easily defeat. In some miracle performance we beat Finland we would again be in contention for second but would still depend on other results and would probably need to win every remaining games from which one is Italy home.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The new renaissance kit looks incredible 

I have mixed feelings about it myself. I posted a pic in the Kits Section...

But here is another view. 

top-italy-renaissance-kit.jpg

9 hours ago, Stan said:

You do know your team well...

Years and years of experience mate, we never win a match we have to win. 

Greece who drew home against Liechstenstein completely outplayed us. They had so many chances it was actually funny at some points. Probably our worst performance in a good 10 years no doubt. Don't recall us playing this badly and Greece earned their win. With Finland beating Armenia 3-0 they now need only a point home against Liechstenstein and they are qualified for the Euro's. We have Italy home next xD

This group was an excellent chance for us to qualify, as this team has more quality than Armenia, Finland and Greece. However quality doesn't play on the pitch players do, at times it feels we never played a game together. The big guns don't perform, the new players just disappear and we deserved nothing.

@True Blue are you in the nation's league play offs? I'd like to see you guys qualify. I just like little countries that have been through so much. Their teams seem to have so much character. Croatia are a great example and recently Kosovo. Sorry if that is offensive to you

On 18/10/2019 at 23:16, Gunnersauraus said:

@True Blue are you in the nation's league play offs? I'd like to see you guys qualify. I just like little countries that have been through so much. Their teams seem to have so much character. Croatia are a great example and recently Kosovo. Sorry if that is offensive to you

Haha why would it be? Don't we will mate our mentality under pressure is so bad, and i think the teams that we could potentially draw are all pretty much better than us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived