• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group C - Matchdays 6 & 7

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belarus vs Estonia about to begin. 

Weird story, but because I was born in America and never got my Russian passport, it's nearly impossible for me to visit family that I have in Minsk. I've actually only have met them we were all gathered in Moscow. 

So yeah, let's go Belarus. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Weird story, but because I was born in America and never got my Russian passport, it's nearly impossible for me to visit family that I have in Minsk. I've actually only have met them we were all gathered in Moscow. 

Huh? Why? It's visa-free for US citizens for up to 30 days. 

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

735B8E12-41F1-4D82-98BD-C547F1ED01EA.jpeg

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Must be newish - I haven't tried in years, but I know when my Dad and I tried to go with my Mom, him and I had serious trouble getting in. Granted this was...maybe 5 years ago. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now that I'm looking into it, we may of had trouble due to us first being in Russia, and then trying to travel to Belarus. 

According the the US Embassy Website - 

The Visa-free option is not available to you if:

You are coming directly to or from the Russian Federation.

Regardless, I we just met them half in Moscow during my fairly brief spell in living in Russia. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Must be newish - I haven't tried in years, but I know when my Dad and I tried to go with my Mom, him and I had serious trouble getting in. Granted this was...maybe 5 years ago. 

Yeah might be relatively new; they have opened up quite a bit in recent years.

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah might be relatively new; they have opened up quite a bit in recent years.

Quite possible. I haven't even thought about it since I got married...so that's been over 5 years now. 

Now I'm very curious as I've always wanted to visit, so it may be our next trip next year. :ay:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Quite possible. I haven't even thought about it since I got married...so that's been over 5 years now. 

Now I'm very curious as I've always wanted to visit, so it may be our next trip next year. :ay:

It's pretty cool. A lot of contrasts where the USSR-style old meets the modern Western-like new. A good time to visit for the unique blast from the past; it will surely change and modernize in the upcoming years.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's pretty cool. A lot of contrasts where the USSR-style old meets the modern Western-like new. A good time to visit for the unique blast from the past; it will surely change and modernize in the upcoming years.

Yeah - I love post Soviet cities that haven't really modernized completely. Minsk, Tbilisi, Baku, Riga, and Vilnius are cities, post Soviet, that I'd love to visit but haven't been able to yet. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I love post Soviet cities that haven't really modernized completely. Minsk, Tbilisi, Baku, Riga, and Vilnius are cities, post Soviet, that I'd love to visit but haven't been able to yet. 

Riga has quite a lot of German influence. Vilnius has pretty much all architecture styles but especially Baroque and Neoclassicism. Of course there are still quite a few examples of Soviet architecture but both are old cities that have modernised a lot and you'll find the most Soviet past in the micro-districts away from the downtowns and old city centers - that's pretty much those ugly concrete housing blocks that were built by the Soviets in order to expand fast (no wonder they filmed Chernobyl in one of those micro-districts). Minsk has more authentic Soviet architecture as the city was almost completely demolished  during the war and had to be rebuilt after that so obviously there's a lot of that left but they are also modernising. 

Christ that was painful. 

A day that I was looking forward to having the ability to watch 3 matches has turned out worst than a visit to the dentist. 

0-0, and yikes, that quality was poor. 

Well we made hard work out of that,  it was hard work to create something but our build up was far too slow, glad we got 3 points and it was a relative easy game having over 70% of the ball but just disappointed with the goal we conceded plus the lack of chances due to Northern Ireland playing 10 men behind the ball.   

On 10/10/2019 at 22:54, Panna King said:

Well we made hard work out of that,  it was hard work to create something but our build up was far too slow, glad we got 3 points and it was a relative easy game having over 70% of the ball but just disappointed with the goal we conceded plus the lack of chances due to Northern Ireland playing 10 men behind the ball.   

Koeman commented on northern Ireland's style. Think it was a cuntish thing to say though as Ireland don't have the players to play good football.

That was terrible defending by Emre Can, he deserved to get sent off. He is not that good in central defence, I don't understand why he's playing in that position. Germany are now one man down in Tallin, but they should still win.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived