talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group A - Matchday 6

football forum

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Has anyone actually been in Eastern Europe? With corruption, crime, low income and in general poor life standard racism is the least of worries for any Eastern Europe country. I am not saying it's a good thing or that should it be ignored, but governments and leaders of those countries are doing little to nothing to improve that.

I completely agree. Living standards in many Eastern European countries are very low and there is a lot of poverty about. The racist fans from these countries probably have miserable lives, with football and vodka being their only relief. Their racism is probably due to their ignorance and the fact they want to feel better about their miserable lives. I am not in any way saying that their racism is acceptable, but those are the likeliest reasons as to why they behave in this backward manner. 

I have also noted that it's mainly South Eastern European fans who tend to be the most racist, perhaps it's partly to do with their history and their hatred of being under Ottoman rule for hundreds of years. Who knows, but it is all moronic and compeltely unacceptable in our wonderful sport of football.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

I completely agree. Living standards in many Eastern European countries are very low and there is a lot of poverty about. The racist fans from these countries probably have miserable lives, with football and vodka being their only relief. Their racism is probably due to their ignorance and the fact they want to feel better about their miserable lives. I am not in any way saying that their racism is acceptable, but those are the likeliest reasons as to why they behave in this backward manner. 

I have also noted that it's mainly South Eastern European fans who tend to be the most racist, perhaps it's partly to do with their history and their hatred of being under Ottoman rule for hundreds of years. Who knows, but it is all moronic and compeltely unacceptable in our wonderful sport of football.

Yes and with the stop racism campaign constantly over their heads, i think they are being racist just to shows frustrations about their life aside of football. I am from a Eastern Europe country and i can guarantee that people in my country are everything but not racist, as we have so many problems from finances to poor living to actually take the time for this topic. Also if individuals act like racists they do it for the above reasons, not that they actually hate people with different color/culture.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They also enjoy the notoriety, these people would have absolutely loved all this fall out and attention. They will see themselves as rebellious outlaws.

Only way is either empty stadium for the whole qualification or expulsion.

I genuinely don’t think that’s the answer. Half the ground was already closed last night and I would bet that those that were responsible for the closure of the ground were responsible for the abuse last night, all they would have done is moved from a bit of the ground that was closed to a bit of the ground that was open. 

What happens when the ground is re-opened? The chances are, the perpetrators will walk straight back into the stands and the cycle will continue. 

Expulsion? Perhaps. I’d be tempted to allow them to take part in qualifiers, so their players can continue to represent their country and not to mess too much with the make up of Qualifiers, but regardless of the result, whether they win, lose or draw, they’re not playing for any points at all and the stadium is filled with kids from schools in Sofia but only after the Bulgarian FA/government/UEFA have organised sessions on racism. 

We have to remember that until UEFA get serious about this, it just won’t change no matter how many players leave the pitch. Fines for racism this year have only hit the £50k mark. Bentdner was fines £100k for wearing the wrong sponsorship how many years ago now? It’s a fucking joke.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

England isn't perfect but name me a country on the planet that has literally no racism issue. I can't take people seriously who think it's anything like Bulgaria in England.

Be interested to know what your knowledge of racism in Bulgaria is like based off more than 90 minutes of Football. 

I’m not saying we’re worse but it shouldn’t turn into a playground spat of who’s worse or who done what. We have problems here, plenty in fact, many in normal life and not just in sport, I have no idea what Bulgaria is like. 

• Subscriber

Were we seriously about to debate racism in England vs racism in Bulgaria? We have some serious cultural issues in this country right now, and I have no idea how Bulgarians act day-to-day, but if you take the fair comparison of football matches then I'm afraid it's ridiculous to compare England, where you get the odd handful of pissed bellends shouting "black cunt" at an opposition player, to Bulgaria where you've already got half the stadium closed down for previous misdemeanours and a match having to be stopped repeatedly because a group of what looked like at least 30 or 40 organised ultras with the full balaclava making nazi salutes in the crowd.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Were we seriously about to debate racism in England vs racism in Bulgaria? We have some serious cultural issues in this country right now, and I have no idea how Bulgarians act day-to-day, but if you take the fair comparison of football matches then I'm afraid it's ridiculous to compare England, where you get the odd handful of pissed bellends shouting "black cunt" at an opposition player, to Bulgaria where you've already got half the stadium closed down for previous misdemeanours and a match having to be stopped repeatedly because a group of what looked like at least 30 or 40 organised ultras with the full balaclava making nazi salutes in the crowd.

Do Bulgaria deport their own citizens because of their skin colour? Genuine question.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

We have to remember that until UEFA get serious about this, it just won’t change no matter how many players leave the pitch. Fines for racism this year have only hit the £50k mark. Bentdner was fines £100k for wearing the wrong sponsorship how many years ago now? It’s a fucking joke.

Wonder if they get fined less for the Paddy Power and Huddersfield sponsorship fiasco.

I'm also in the camp for expulsion or banned from tournaments until the FA themsleves can prove they have and will combat future racism in and out of football grounds. 

This was planned weeks ago that is why the press was reporting about the potential trouble days before the game, The Bulgarian National Union went to the game in a form of protest due to the punishment of the Stadium closers.  They are well known plus the authorities didn't do anything to let them in the stadium, they knew why they were there, so the stewards and policing are just as bad to let this go ahead.  

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

UEFA charge Bulgaria which is fine but they've also got a charge in for England as well xDxDxD 

Well they should charge England for their behaviour in Prague, Racism should not also hide the fact that England fans have been a disgrace.    Also the news has also over shadowed that someone actually died/killed before the game.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It did feel like this was planned as there was no objections by this group when they left and they seemed to leave of their own accord and without being asked or led out by stewards or police. 

It was by the The Bulgarian National Union, the well known ones actually got in working as stewards.

On 14/10/2019 at 13:45, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol what is brexitball

Basically long ball, I thought it was a common term. Maybe just my friend who says it xD

Worth pointing out that you all laughed at us for buying Mings at £20m. And your not laughing now, that’s been massively overlooked in all this the fact that he played well on debut and looked at ease and the natural left foot added balance to our back line. 

Also I was impressed with Chillwell and Winks over Rice

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Worth pointing out that you all laughed at us for buying Mings at £20m. And your not laughing now, that’s been massively overlooked in all this the fact that he played well on debut and looked at ease and the natural left foot added balance to our back line. 

Happily hold my hands up to how he's started the season. Thought he'd find it difficult with his injury record but he seems to have put that behind him and putting in consistent performances. 

Gotta give credit to him for making his national team debut, putting in a good performance in those kind of conditions and that scenario. 

25 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm loving Engels instead...

32 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You sound paranoid. I don't think anyone outside of Birmingham cares who Villa buy.

• The title was changed to Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group A - Matchday 6
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived