The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group A - Matchday 6

football forum

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

It did feel like this was planned as there was no objections by this group when they left and they seemed to leave of their own accord and without being asked or led out by stewards or police. 

I know someone, well, follow them on Twitter but have for a while (and he is always in Eastern Europe), who is adamant that yesterday was actually Levski Sofia fans deliberately playing up to get their FA in trouble and that was their intention as much as anything. They accuse the Bulgarian FA of being institutionally biased towards Ludogorets so took an opportunity to make them look bad in front of a big audience. The fact the Bulgarian FA has had some kind of repercussions from this shows that it's been a success. It would make some sense to be honest as they were so willfully leaving the ground.

There are still quite clearly some significant problems though. You only have to see some of the stickers around the place. Disgraceful stuff.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Panna King said:

Well they should charge England for their behaviour in Prague, Racism should not also hide the fact that England fans have been a disgrace.    Also the news has also over shadowed that someone actually died/killed before the game.

Media nonsense. What did they do this time?

The problem is on this topic nobody can be objective. Any word about England fans and everyone automatically believes it.

52 minutes ago, Dan said:

I know someone, well, follow them on Twitter but have for a while (and he is always in Eastern Europe), who is adamant that yesterday was actually Levski Sofia fans deliberately playing up to get their FA in trouble and that was their intention as much as anything. They accuse the Bulgarian FA of being institutionally biased towards Ludogorets so took an opportunity to make them look bad in front of a big audience. The fact the Bulgarian FA has had some kind of repercussions from this shows that it's been a success. It would make some sense to be honest as they were so willfully leaving the ground.

There are still quite clearly some significant problems though. You only have to see some of the stickers around the place. Disgraceful stuff.

Definitely saw a Levski Sofia hoody amongst the black hoody dickheads. 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

If so that’s frankly  ludogorets behaviour from the Bulgarian FA 

On 15/10/2019 at 10:40, The Artful Dodger said:

This isn't an Eastern European issue. Italy and Spain have and have had large issues with racism from fans. Spain seems to have gone quite a bit but in Italy it flourishes. 

The USA is the most institutionally racist country in the world by an absolute margin. It's way beyond a few chants at football by a group of bellends who lead sad lives and have nothing better to do. Unarmed black people are shot dead by police far too often and locked in violent prisons for crimes they haven't even been convicted of, which means a minor crime can lead to a lengthy time in jail awaiting a court date, where they are beaten by guards and treat worse than animals used for testing.

Read up about Kalief Browder. This is just one story, there are 1,000s like it.

They also have stop and search policies in some states where the police can stop literally anyone they want without any reason. 60% of the people stopped are black, 35% are Latino and 5% are white. That's not normal.Then again, you're probably already aware of this.

As for 'Eastern Europeans', I find it ignorant to tar everyone from the same part of the continent with the same brush. The cultural differences between, say Bosnia and Poland, are huge and I don't see what a Romanian has to do with a Ukrainian. It seems hypocritical to speak up against racism and then discriminate another set of people.

For the record though, and I can't really speak for Bulgarians, I've met and known a lot of  Polish people in my time and it's very rare that they don't hold racist views. I think a lot of it is more down to how they were brought up and the environment they grew up in. Unlike many of us English people, they didn't go to school with people of all races, have friends from all backgrounds and a lot of it stems from ignorance and what they are(or in this case aren't) exposed to. I'm not defending it, but it does explain their views.

@Carnivore Chris I've worked with lots of polish people. Haven't really spoke to a lot of them about it so don't know of they are racist.

My aunties partner is polish and very racist. He thinks that virtually all black people are lazy.  

• The title was changed to Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group A - Matchday 6
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived