talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Santi Cazorla

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Probably one of the most unappreciated players ever to be honest. Everybody rates him of course, but not many rate him highly enough, especially pre his Arsenal days where he was massively underrated outside Spain, despite being a top player like David Silva, for example.

GettyImages-1143081272-696x493.jpg

21 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Probably one of the most unappreciated players ever to be honest. Everybody rates him of course, but not many rate him highly enough, especially pre his Arsenal days where he was massively underrated outside Spain, despite being a top player like David Silva, for example.

A type of genius only short players can really have, it's why football is by far the best sport. Physicality doesn't give you everything.

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A type of genius only short players can really have, it's why football is by far the best sport. Physicality doesn't give you everything.

Tbf one of the players I've seen in my lifetime that possessed a similar sort of genius... in fact, I'd argue he was one of the most artful players I've ever seen on the ball, was Zinedine Zidane who was over 6 foot. Tbh, I'm not sure height has much to do with technical ability... but it does make sense that those who are less physically adept would spend more time developing their technical gifts into something really special.

12 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, he is as well. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

He's been a consistent goal scorer for Real ever since day one and is now more important than ever for them since C.Ronaldo's departure to Juve.

The only reason he gets so much stick or doesnt get the credit is because of the number of sitters he generally misses, but his link up play with other forwards/attacking midfielders/wingers is unquestionable, he is superb in that aspect.

On Topic: Cazorla, along with Rosicky has to be the most underrated Arsenal players of this generation. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf one of the players I've seen in my lifetime that possessed a similar sort of genius... in fact, I'd argue he was one of the most artful players I've ever seen on the ball, was Zinedine Zidane who was over 6 foot. Tbh, I'm not sure height has much to do with technical ability... but it does make sense that those who are less physically adept would spend more time developing their technical gifts into something really special.

Zidane was great yeah but there is a special sort of control that comes from low centre of gravity. If anything I'd say its the opposite, it's more natural to have good close control if you're smaller. 

14 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Zidane was great yeah but there is a special sort of control that comes from low centre of gravity. If anything I'd say its the opposite, it's more natural to have good close control if you're smaller. 

Yeah that's definitely true regarding the smaller players and the lower centre of gravity. Also good shout re: Ronaldinho @Teso dos Bichos of another not-short player who was clearly a magician with a ball at his feet. But yeah, now that I see what @The Artful Dodger is saying regarding the low centre of gravity... I understand his point better. Because the shorter players will have that lower centre of gravity & he's right that they're blessed with more natural close control because of that. 

Archived