Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Round 18 - Mexico

image.png

Number of Laps: 71

Circuit Length: 4.304 km

Race Distance: 305.354 km

Lap Record: 1:18.741 [Valtteri Bottas 2018]

I'm afraid I find this to be a very average track. Interesting to see if Red Bull excel here again though.

Chance for Albon do grab his first win maybe?

@Teso dos Bichos - do you give a shit about this race at all? Does your family? 

Not sure how popular it's become in Mexico since they have Perez and the backing of the famous Carlos. 

18 minutes ago, Eco said:

@Teso dos Bichos - do you give a shit about this race at all? Does your family? 

Not sure how popular it's become in Mexico since they have Perez and the backing of the famous Carlos. 

I keep up with el checo perez's performances but that's about it. I have tried but I just dont find interest on the sport itself 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I keep up with el checo perez's performances but that's about it. I have tried but I just dont find interest on the sport itself 

Fair enough - I don't really like El Checo myself, but can't argue the fact that it's a incredible that Mexico has an F1 driver, especially after hearing his story. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Fair enough - I don't really like El Checo myself, but can't argue the fact that it's a incredible that Mexico has an F1 driver, especially after hearing his story. 

nromal56.jpg

1525018245.jpg

america_2.jpg?itok=m4WRDfOa

:x 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eco said:

Why don't you like Checo? I like him. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why don't you like Checo? I like him. 

I'm not entirely sure. Maybe because of what happened last year and the fact that I do like Ocon...? He has a pretty good story, but he doesn't seem to add anything to F1 in terms of personality or talent. He just seems to be...there. 

Just now, Eco said:

I'm not entirely sure. Maybe because of what happened last year and the fact that I do like Ocon...? He has a pretty good story, but he doesn't seem to add anything to F1 in terms of personality or talent. He just seems to be...there. 

He had his spectacular podiums in inferior cars, and is a consistent points scorer. So I think he's definitely in F1 on merit. 

Trolling his engineer showed that he's a pretty funny guy too. 

Third DRS zone between T11 & T12 added by FIA.

Will be interesting to see the gap between the top three here. PU performance will be affected by the high altitude so Ferrari's power advantage will likely disappear or at least decrease but they'll probably still be unbeatable in quali; Mercedes (among others) will probably struggle with cooling as it seems to be the fundamental issue with their design. Normally I'd expect a good race and a podium for Red Bull but this year's car isn't convincing. 

5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Any weather updates?

Rain showers are likely for both Saturday and Sunday but nothing heavy apparently. 

Just now, Eco said:

Less than 24 hours until FP1!

:banana:

I bought Sol for this occasion! xD 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I bought Sol for this occasion! xD 

just say the word and I'll leave my wife for you. 

• Wow 1

But solid choice, I'll be picking up some as well. 

I love all kinds of beer, so with F1 I have tried to grab an alcolholic drink local to where the race is each week. This week will definitely be Sol. 

Now, I just need to get @Teso dos Bichos to watch this weekend and engage in the dialogue on here. 

EHvN93IWoAEnhrX.jpg:large

Hamilton tops FP1 with Leclerc and Max just behind him. However Leclerc's time is on the mediums though whereas the rest of the top 5 drove on softs indicating that Ferrari are pretty much still the fastest ones although it does seem that the differences aren't too huge here.

FP2 red flagged as Albon crashes into the wall after losing control of the car :( 

Others have been struggling with grip as well.

EHwJtldWwAEvK9J?format=jpg&name=small

Race sims:

EHwHEEgXkAABVvE?format=png&name=900x900

Ferrari looking very strong and I fully expect them to take the pole. Red Bull (Max) race pace is a very nice surprise; I know they've always been good here but I didn't expect them to really be competitive this time around so it's really good to see - especially considering that Toro Rosso's look very strong in FP2 too. Gasly's run on the mediums was amazing; almost better than Max's one! Mercedes are probably running with their engines tuned down a bit so they could well be in the mix on Sunday as their long runs looked better than their single-lap pace but they still seem oddly slow. 

Tyre conservation and managing temperatures will be of huge importance in the race. Everyone seemed to struggle with it; McLaren in particular had troubles with degradation on mediums. Might thus see different strategies from the teams; both two stop and three stop could be a possibility. Also if it rains overnight again then track conditions will be pretty poor and slippery. All in all we might be up for a very interesting battle here.