The better place to talk football.

Round 18 - Mexico

football forum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

EHvN93IWoAEnhrX.jpg:large

Hamilton tops FP1 with Leclerc and Max just behind him. However Leclerc's time is on the mediums though whereas the rest of the top 5 drove on softs indicating that Ferrari are pretty much still the fastest ones although it does seem that the differences aren't too huge here.

• Subscriber

EHwJtldWwAEvK9J?format=jpg&name=small

Race sims:

EHwHEEgXkAABVvE?format=png&name=900x900

Ferrari looking very strong and I fully expect them to take the pole. Red Bull (Max) race pace is a very nice surprise; I know they've always been good here but I didn't expect them to really be competitive this time around so it's really good to see - especially considering that Toro Rosso's look very strong in FP2 too. Gasly's run on the mediums was amazing; almost better than Max's one! Mercedes are probably running with their engines tuned down a bit so they could well be in the mix on Sunday as their long runs looked better than their single-lap pace but they still seem oddly slow. 

Tyre conservation and managing temperatures will be of huge importance in the race. Everyone seemed to struggle with it; McLaren in particular had troubles with degradation on mediums. Might thus see different strategies from the teams; both two stop and three stop could be a possibility. Also if it rains overnight again then track conditions will be pretty poor and slippery. All in all we might be up for a very interesting battle here.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

EHwJtldWwAEvK9J?format=jpg&name=small

Race sims:

EHwHEEgXkAABVvE?format=png&name=900x900

Ferrari looking very strong and I fully expect them to take the pole. Red Bull (Max) race pace is a very nice surprise; I know they've always been good here but I didn't expect them to really be competitive this time around so it's really good to see - especially considering that Toro Rosso's look very strong in FP2 too. Gasly's run on the mediums was amazing; almost better than Max's one! Mercedes are probably running with their engines tuned down a bit so they could well be in the mix on Sunday as their long runs looked better than their single-lap pace but they still seem oddly slow. 

Tyre conservation and managing temperatures will be of huge importance in the race. Everyone seemed to struggle with it; McLaren in particular had troubles with degradation on mediums. Might thus see different strategies from the teams; both two stop and three stop could be a possibility. Also if it rains overnight again then track conditions will be pretty poor and slippery. All in all we might be up for a very interesting battle here.

What happened to Alex? Did he crash again?

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

What happened to Alex? Did he crash again?

Yes about 5 seconds into the FP2 xD A bit unlucky really as he was trying to get past Bottas and underestimated the corner but it's not the first time that happens. Others were sliding all around the track as well. Very low grip after rain.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes about 5 seconds into the FP2 xD A bit unlucky really as he was trying to get past Bottas and underestimated the corner but it's not the first time that happens. Others were sliding all around the track as well. Very low grip after rain.

Ooof. Still not a good look.

Anyway,

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-bonnington-miss-mexico-austin/4586100/

No Bono this weekend :( Imagine if Lewis claims the title and Bono is not there to "get in there Lewis" :( 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I didn't watch. Did it turn out to be something serious?

No; he's driving again. Most of the FP3 was ruined by a damp track anyway; most of the drivers didn't even put a lap in until the very end. 6 or 7 drivers did a few laps on intermediates. Now's everyone on the softs but there are only a few minutes left. Well everyone except both Renaults as Ricciardo has a hydraulic leak which was discovered right before the session and then Hülkenberg's car was being worked on as well xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

And Gasly has the shits I've heard :o 

:D

49 minutes ago, nudge said:

Gasly in doubt for FP3 and potentially the race due to a stomach bug.

A lot of others in the paddock are sick as well :o 

:/ Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself... xD 

But yeah; he was doubtful. Still managed to get a few laps in the end and was P7 in FP3. 

Must be some food they've all eaten... or drinks with ice.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

:/ Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself... xD 

But yeah; he was doubtful. Still managed to get a few laps in the end and was P7 in FP3. 

Must be some food they've all eaten... or drinks with ice.

Surely they now not to drink the water in Mexico...it's a basic 'no-no' I feel like everyone knows. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Surely they now not to drink the water in Mexico...it's a basic 'no-no' I feel like everyone knows. 

I don't know; just speculating. A lot of people know about not drinking water but forget about the ice...

Just now, nudge said:

I don't know; just speculating. A lot of people know about not drinking water but forget about the ice...

True. 

Who know what it is. 

Excited to watch Quali today. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived