• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 18 - Mexico

football forum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Nasty looking crash but thankfully he appears to be fine.

Verstappen breaks Ferrari's six race pole streak. Well done.

A bit scary radio there, as he sounded like he was in pain. Breathing heavy and all. 

• Subscriber

Get in, Max! B| Great lap. Honestly didn't expect that as I expected Ferrari's first sector advantage to be much larger; but it seems RB nailed their setup. Albon splitting up the two Mercedes is good as well + both Toro Rossos in Top 10. 

• Subscriber

Max might still be penalised for failing to slow down under the yellow flag :o Although this is a bit curious at the moment as it seems there was no double yellow shown for the drivers and there wasn't one on Max's steering wheel display or on the digital board. Hope he keeps the pole but one's again the race control is caught napping here.

Bottas has been released from the medical centre and is alright, fortunately. That safety barrier he hit didn't really look safe, to be honest. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If needs be then disqualify Max's second lap but hes still on pole from the first. Stripping him of pole in any way would be daft as he already had it before the yellow flags.

I don't know; I'm not a fan of penalties in general but I think a grid penalty for blatantly disregarding safety by ignoring yellow flags and failing to slow down would be reasonable if true.

However looking at the telemetry it seems that he lifted so I'm not sure why there's an investigation. Although I suspect it's because of his silly comments on the post-qualifying press conference where he admitted he saw Bottas' crash and didn't really back off :dam:

EH1QU_TXYAA9QoJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well at least he won't give slipstream to the Ferraris this way :ph34r:

Still expect him to win the race.

I hope so. I had predicted him to win pole in our fantasy league, though I have Charles winning.

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

All things considered, a justified penalty for Max. 

This. I am a Max fan and hoped he would keep his pole but I don't see how anyone can argue against a penalty. "Yellow flag = slowing down" is universal in all racing series and failure to do so is rightfully penalised - especially after cynically admitting to it in a press conference. Somehow I can't shake the feeling that he wanted a penalty for himself though xD 

What annoys me though is inconsistent and often straightout incompetent race control/stewards. There should have been an immediate double yellow or even a red flag after the Bottas crash; not a bunch of mixed signals and delayed decisions. Can't help but dislike Masi and his team. I wish Charlie was still here :( Without him race control looks lost.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived