talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Cristiano Ronaldo Break The Record For International Goals?

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Italy, England, Germany, France, or Brazil, it seems. Not to take anything away from his achievements, scoring is still scoring but there is a lot of mediocrity on that list. Though I do suppose Portugal has never really had an elite squad as well.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

No Italy, England, Germany, France, or Brazil, it seems. Not to take anything away from his achievements, scoring is still scoring but there is a lot of mediocrity on that list. Though I do suppose Portugal has never really had an elite squad as well.

Was going to mention that, Ali Dae scored against nearly all of Iran's regional rivals.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its applicable to Ronaldo but EVERYONE wants to ignore at the fact that Messi has never EVER EVER scored against Argentina's main rival Brazil in a WCQ match... and he has had plenty of games to end that awful streak that will hunt him for the rest of his.life. 

Who gives a fuck about Messi? This is the Ronaldo thread you numpty

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope he doesn't. I think it's cool Ali Daei has had that record for a long time. Not his fault most of Asia is shit at football, tbh.

To be fair, that’d make it a fair playing ground for him.

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've never known such a big deal to be made out of scoring a penalty in a 2-1 loss as this. It's absolutely ridiculous. You wake up this morning and it's all over TV.

Ronaldo is clutch. .... the miss PKs versus Iceland and chile (2016) by a certain someone shows how is not as easy as it looks. :P

On 15/10/2019 at 01:02, Cicero said:

Genuinely shows the poor standard of defending in Spain 

To be fair look at his champions league record at Real compared to at other clubs. He went from a goal every 3 games in the champs league at United, to one per game at Real in the same competition. He wasn't only scoring a goal a game domestically while there. 

I'd say it was more a case of how well Real suited him and how the whole team were pretty much set out to create chances for him. He also went from being a number 7 to more of a number 9. He was also in his prime there. 

On 15/10/2019 at 18:13, Teso dos Bichos said:

Ronaldo is clutch. .... the miss PKs versus Iceland and chile (2016) by a certain someone shows how is not as easy as it looks. :P

Barcelona 2008 champs league semis
Chelsea 2008 champs league final
Bayern 2012 champs league semis
Valencia 2015, important La Liga title decider
Austria euro 2016

Thats just off my head.

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:
On 15/10/2019 at 01:02, Cicero said:

To be fair look at his champions league record at Real compared to at other clubs. He went from a goal every 3 games in the champs league at United, to one per game at Real in the same competition. He wasn't only scoring a goal a game domestically while there. 

I'd say it was more a case of how well Real suited him and how the whole team were pretty much

Yeah La Liga isn't as bad defensively as people make out, why aren't other strikers notching up such massive numbers? Obviously Ronaldo and Messi play in brilliant teams designed to get the best from them but they are genuinely massively superior to anything out there. Especially Messi who is by far the greatest player of this generation and possibly ever.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Yeah La Liga isn't as bad defensively as people make out, why aren't other strikers notching up such massive numbers? Obviously Ronaldo and Messi play in brilliant teams designed to get the best from them but they are genuinely massively superior to anything out there. Especially Messi who is by far the greatest player of this generation and possibly ever.

Suárez did it once, but that's it really. Ronaldo was literally like a machine at Real, he was also perfect for them and they were for him. 

Just looked it up now and Messi has only scored 19 less career goals than Ronaldo despite playing in 127 less games. @Teso dos Bichos not only a better footballer, but scorer aswell :hh:

On a serious note, the 2 players have ruined football in a way, as people will always be looking for the next 2 stars of this magnitude and the fact is it's almost impossible to play at such a high level for such a period of time. They were teenage sensations, yet have managed to carry on at the highest level into their 30s and still be the best 2 players in the world. Most greats were done and dusted at the age these 2 are now. 

It's been a great era they have played in aswell. We were lucky to witness it as football fans. Iniesta and Xavi, for example, are players I'll personally remember as much as any.

13 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'd say it was more a case of how well Real suited him and how the whole team were pretty much set out to create chances for him. He also went from being a number 7 to more of a number 9. He was also in his prime there. 

Yeah but his man United stats are also distorted down by his first few years where he was slow to take off. He went 0.4 goals a game on average at United but I'd be surprised if he wasn't 0.75 or better in his last two years ...

He was also at Madrid for the prime of his career.

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah but his man United stats are also distorted down by his first few years where he was slow to take off. He went 0.4 goals a game on average at United but I'd be surprised if he wasn't 0.75 or better in his last two years ...

He was also at Madrid for the prime of his career.

That was pretty much my point to be honest mate, he was a young lad at United and not even in his prime then.

• The title was changed to Will Cristiano Ronaldo Break The Record For International Goals?

Archived