• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jorginho - May Leave for PSG

football forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can't be ruled out.

Does something which can't be ruled out constitute a rumour/gossip? That may be a low bar. 

Elvis could be doing karaoke right on the moon as JFK and the Lindberg baby look on.... I can't rule that out.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why is this even a transfer thread 

Because we couldn't rule out that it shouldn't be a thread. 😁

To be fair I'm just yanking his chain Johnny's doin a good job creating some talking points during a dull international break...

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Even tough he improved, it wouldn't really break my heart.

He hasn’t. He’s playing virtually the same as he did under Sarri. Lampard is the media darling now so anything that looks remotely decent, it’ll receive praise. Sarri is honestly receiving zero credit which is ridiculous. 

Laughable. Jorginho from day one has improved us. And the fact we are so comfortable from the back and attacking is down to Sarri’s fundamentals. Lampard is similar to Sarri hence why I wanted us to go after Lampard vs starting all over again with a quick fix conservative manager. 

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

He hasn’t. He’s playing virtually the same as he did under Sarri. Lampard is the media darling now so anything that looks remotely decent, it’ll receive praise. Sarri is honestly receiving zero credit which is ridiculous. 

Laughable. Jorginho from day one has improved us. And the fact we are so comfortable from the back and attacking is down to Sarri’s fundamentals. Lampard is similar to Sarri hence why I wanted us to go after Lampard vs starting all over again with a quick fix conservative manager. 

I think we're more direct under Lampard though and whilst Jorginho plays a similar role to one he did under Sarri I think he is asked to do some different things as well. I do agree with your post mainly though.

As for Jorginho, I think he's good and has been a decent signing for us so far but I also think he could be more consistent.

24 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I think we're more direct under Lampard though and whilst Jorginho plays a similar role to one he did under Sarri I think he is asked to do some different things as well. I do agree with your post mainly though.

As for Jorginho, I think he's good and has been a decent signing for us so far but I also think he could be more consistent.

Sarri’s Napoli was a direct team as well. We were too until after the Arsenal game where we left so many holes, leaving Sarri to implement a more slow tempo game. Even Fabregas said Sarri told the attacking players to not make any runs after the Arsenal game. 

16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Either i am blind or completely don't understand football. How did Jorginho improve us? With what? I am not talking about the non existent assists or the penalty goals.

On 15/10/2019 at 01:24, True Blue said:

Either i am blind or completely don't understand football. How did Jorginho improve us? With what? I am not talking about the non existent assists or the penalty goals.

I have never seen us play out from the back and retain the ball as well as we had under Sarri, Jorginho being the main component. (Hilarious to hear the Kante and Jorginho need to switch places argument finally die) 

When you look back at why we’ve done so poorly in Europe this past half a decade, it’s down to being incapable of getting out of a press from elite opposition. We surrendered possession and the attacking chances we did get came from scraps/set pieces. The very reason why we haven’t got past the round of 16 since 2014. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it always, I will genuinely question ones footballing knowledge if they don’t understand Jorginho’s value. 

36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I have never seen us play out from the back and retain the ball as well as we had under Sarri, Jorginho being the main component. (Hilarious to hear the Kante and Jorginho need to switch places argument finally die) 

When you look back at why we’ve done so poorly in Europe this past half a decade, it’s down to being incapable of getting out of a press from elite opposition. We surrendered possession and the attacking chances we did get came from scraps/set pieces. The very reason why we haven’t got past the round of 16 since 2014. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it always, I will genuinely question ones footballing knowledge if they don’t understand Jorginho’s value. 

In all seriousness he improved a lot under Lampard, not sure if it's the system or he needed time to adapt but he changed the opinion of lot of fans including me. I still don't feel he is essential for us but if his good form continues i am happy.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.d1cf0227431a4855f6164fafea4e18c9.png

The agent of Chelsea midfielder, Jorginho, has continued to talk up a move away from Stamford Bridge for his client.

The Italian international joined the Blues from Napoli during the summer of 2018 to unite with boss Maurizio Sarri. The Italian coach is now of course in charge at Juventus.

Joao Santos spoke to Tuttosport (via Daily Star) about his feelings towards the midfielder's future. (THE CHELSEA BLOG)

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Don't think he will move, i actually think he enjoys it at Chelsea.

Agreed. He even stated he despised being called Sarri’s favorite or something along the lines. Might be his agent pushing a new contract

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a279444c70831010f55e02353078ee55.png

Jorginho plays down reports he is set to leave Chelsea.

Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has played down speculation linking him with a move away from Stamford Bridge.

Reports in Italy suggest Maurizio Sarri is keen to sign him for Juventus.

“There have been rumours but I haven’t heard anything,” Jorginho told Chelsea’s website.

WEST LONDON SPORTdownload (5).png

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Explain 

Get the impression Jorginho and Kanté as well have been misused consistently for the past year, maybe more, at least that’s how it comes across from Chelsea fans. I feel like Arteta is a better man manager and has proven himself to be more astute than Lampard, if he wants Jorginho it’s probably for something specific. Plus Arteta’s side like to play it around the back more than others imo, and Jorginho would help push that play along

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Get the impression Jorginho and Kanté as well have been misused consistently for the past year, maybe more, at least that’s how it comes across from Chelsea fans. I feel like Arteta is a better man manager and has proven himself to be more astute than Lampard, if he wants Jorginho it’s probably for something specific. Plus Arteta’s side like to play it around the back more than others imo, and Jorginho would help push that play along

Jorginho excelled with Lampard pre lockdown when the team had a actual identity. It was only after lockdown, Lampard for what ever reason, started to prefer a safer approach by shoehorning Kante as a DM or playing the 343. Jorginho is out of place in this conservative approach. 

Unless Arteta intends to change his style into a progressive one, I don't see any use for Jorginho. Arteta is more Conte than Guardiola. 

• The title was changed to Jorginho - May Leave for PSG
  • The topic was locked

Archived