talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jorginho - May Leave for PSG

football forum

I'm bored of him.

He's had some decent spells for us but he's not consistently great at what he does. Kovacic and Gilmour can offer something similar to his skillset. I've seen enough of him now to form a better opinion of him and if I were calling the shots, I'd be looking to sell him as soon as possible to make some money for someone like Rice. 

If we were to sell, we would have to get someone in mind you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I'm bored of him.

He's had some decent spells for us but he's not consistently great at what he does. Kovacic and Gilmour can offer something similar to his skillset. I've seen enough of him now to form a better opinion of him and if I were calling the shots, I'd be looking to sell him as soon as possible to make some money for someone like Rice. 

If we were to sell, we would have to get someone in mind you.

Rice overrated imo, works well in a team like West Ham but when the standards are higher and mores expected of him I think he’ll end up being more of a Maguire type caliber player 

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah Chelsea's transfer business lately is questionable at best! Spent an absolute shitload and still not filled the holes in the squad that needed filling. Now they are looking at swaping a player for a player that wont really improve them. 

Strange?

You forgot to mention Declan Rice was at the Chelsea academy for over a decade and they released him for free. :dam: Christ almighty, imagine if Liverpool released Trent Alexander-Arnold and bought him back for 100,000,000 squid a few years later. It's embarrassing for them.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You forgot to mention Declan Rice was at the Chelsea academy for over a decade and they released him for free. :dam: Christ almighty, imagine if Liverpool released Trent Alexander-Arnold and bought him back for 100,000,000 squid a few years later. It's embarrassing for them.

xD really? I thought he'd come through the West Ham academy. Isn't he only 21?

I've always felt he was sort of a dick for going through the Ireland youth setup for so many years, then only to turn around and say "no thanks, I'd prefer to play for England now." I also... don't think he's anywhere near as good as West Ham or Fat Frank seem to think he is.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've always felt he was sort of a dick for going through the Ireland youth setup for so many years, then only to turn around and say "no thanks, I'd prefer to play for England now." I also... don't think he's anywhere near as good as West Ham or Fat Frank seem to think he is.

He is literally best buddies with Mason Mount and spent half his life at Chelsea, to the point where Mount considering leaving as well when Rice was released.  Well according to some article anyway.

I've always felt he an absolute champ for dropping Ireland for England, for two reasons; he isn't from Ireland, he is from bloody London, and two Roy Keane said 'He is Irish, so he'll play for Ireland', just before he switched to England.

Just now, Spike said:

He is literally best buddies with Mason Mount and spent half his life at Chelsea, to the point where Mount considering leaving as well when Rice was released.  Well according to some article anyway.

I've always felt he an absolute champ for dropping Ireland for England, for two reasons; he isn't from Ireland, he is from bloody London, and two Roy Keane said 'He is Irish, so he'll play for Ireland', just before he switched to England.

Anything that pisses off Roy Keane's alright. Still think he's a dickhead though. 

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

At this point @Cicerowill be furiously searching for an article that proves Rice was never really at Chelsea, just trained there :ph34r:

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

At this point @Cicerowill be furiously searching for an article that proves Rice was never really at Chelsea, just trained there :ph34r:

It would be more embarrassing if there was actual potential there, like KDB. Rice was released from 2 or 3 other clubs after us before he finally started developing. 

West Ham fans love him.

The quoted price tags put me off and are a bit laughable but we're missing someone with his skill set in our squad. That being said there's probably a cheaper alternative out there but I'm a bit bias towards Rice anyway as Chelsea runs in his family and he sounds like a lot people I grew up with.

I don't think Jorginho will go but I don't think he'll be missed if that was the case. I went through a period of loving Jorginho in his first season but I've watched this guy play a lot of football for us over the last two seasons (which has allowed me to form a more informed opinion) and to be honest with you watching him now bores me to death. I think there were some people who were saying he's overrated in and around the time between his arrival in England and throughout his first season here and I have to say they were absolutely right. 

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It would be more embarrassing if there was actual potential there, like KDB. Rice was released from 2 or 3 other clubs after us before he finally started developing. 

I don't think that happened at all. I can't find any info on Rice being at any other clubs besides Chelsea and West Ham

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It is a bit weird for people of dual nationality to make that choice...but you know he chose England cos of the quality of players coming through rather than anything else

13 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't think that happened at all. I can't find any info on Rice being at any other clubs besides Chelsea and West Ham

13 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:
Club information
Current team
West Ham United
Number 41
Youth career
2006–2014 Chelsea
2014–2015 West Ham United
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015– West Ham United 100 (3)

My mistake, had Chris Mepham and Declan Rice mixed up. 

On 24/09/2020 at 22:48, Spike said:

That would be fine if he hadn't wasted all those people's time in the Ireland setup who had coached him at youth level. It shouldn't be allowed. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Looking like he may be off to PSG

Quote.thumb.png.37e807c313236cae8ebbbc000158f9b5.png

PSG open talks with Chelsea about loan swoop for Arsenal target

Paris Saint-Germain have made contact with Chelsea over the possible signing of Jorginho, according to reports in France.

Jorginho could be on the move this summer as Chelsea look to balance the books. The midfielder has divided opinion since joining from Napoli two years ago.

Reports recently emerged claiming that he could even make a sensational switch across London to join rivals Arsenal.

Indeed, Telefoot claims that the Gunners are in pole position for the Italian midfielder. However, the French source also says PSG want Jorginho. (TEAMtalk)Arrow.png.fb72a06d9a38243787c6dd7fc807dca5.png

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I thought everything went through Jorginho? Everyone said he was the one that made Chelsea tick?

Seems silly to just loan him out?

Why try and get the best out of an obviously talented player when they can be replaced?

It's bizarre really. Our best football last season was when it was a midfield three of Mount/Jorginho/Kovacic. We had an identity then. 

Kante becomes fit, all of that is thrown away and he is shoehorned back into the side that's established a possession game. Kante becomes injured again, Jorginho/Gilmour retake their place into the team and we see some dominate performances against Liverpool in the FA Cup and Everton in the league.  Lockdown happens and the restart sees us completely throwing away that identity with shitehouse tactics like 5 at the back or having Kante in an unnatural holding role. Constantly changing too. 

I said last week that these next few weeks will give us an understanding on Lampard. Because so far it shows he has no idea what he wants. 

• The title was changed to Jorginho - May Leave for PSG
  • The topic was locked

Archived