talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Everton get relegated?

I didn't realise that Everton have lost all 20 matches in which they have gone 1-0 down in.

Worrying stat that because it shows a lack of stomach for a fight. They really need to grind out a couple results at the moment, no matter how ugly it is. The team needs an injection of confidence.

You can accept some things as a fan but for me, if a team shows lack of character, they deserve criticism. Got to wonder how many of the current eleven are prepares to step up and fight for Silva right now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sack silva and get who? I've heard Howe mentioned but would he come? 

I don’t think Howe should leave for Everton, Bournemouth are in a better condition currently

Everton’s DoF should have a list of replacements tbh

• Subscriber

I'd be open to Howe though I have my doubts over him as a manager. I don't see why he wouldn't come. I don't know what else he thinks he can achieve at Bournemouth and he's not going to get offered a top 6 job at the moment, and he's a boyhood Everton fan.

I'd prefer us to be a bit more ambitious than Eddie Howe if it's possible. There are weaknesses in that Bournemouth team that simply haven't been addressed over the past 3-4 seasons even if they overall package has been enough to keep them comfortably in the top flight for that time.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sack silva and get who? I've heard Howe mentioned but would he come? 

Bizarrely I think Howe is an Everton fan.

The biggest sign of Everton's problems to me si that you could totally understand Dyche or Howe turning the job down. That's a problem.

Everton just seems like a poisoned chalice.

Don't see Everton getting relegated, but this a good for banter.

To me, Everton currently are poor man's Manchester United. Just like how United never replaced Fergie, Everton haven't been able to replace Moyes. 

United got their hopes up with Van Gaal and Mourinho, Everton got their hopes up with Martinez and Silva. 

Both the clubs have splurged big cash on players that are either not good enough or not suited to them.

Both the clubs need a massive clearout and time to rebuild. 

• Administrator

Given how Rodgers has started life well with us at Leicester, would Everton fans have taken him if he wasn't with us and they didn't have Silva? Or is it too soon after his Liverpool stint to go to Everton?

Or is it a total no-go purely because of his Liverpool past?

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Given how Rodgers has started life well with us at Leicester, would Everton fans have taken him if he wasn't with us and they didn't have Silva? Or is it too soon after his Liverpool stint to go to Everton?

I don't think that would ever be a go-er. Even someone like Hodgson who got called "Agent Hodgson" by our fans because he was so bad for them would be basically finished before they started at Everton because of that history.

• Subscriber

9/1 to get relegated with Sky Bet currently but I'm with everyone else, it's far too early to even suggest any of the teams are going to get relegated. We've seen teams start the season incredibly well before and still get relegated, so the opposite is possible with Everton too.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think that would ever be a go-er. Even someone like Hodgson who got called "Agent Hodgson" by our fans because he was so bad for them would be basically finished before they started at Everton because of that history.

What about Benitez? 

I was listening to something earlier and this topic cropped up about how it would make Liverpool and Everton fans feel. I think it would be hugely unpopular with blues because of his history but I think there's also some blues (a minority no doubt) who realise he would be the best reasonably attainable name out there. From our point of view, I wouldn't like it because he'd no doubt improve Everton and there's a chance it taints his time with us slightly for some people

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What about Benitez? 

I was listening to something earlier and this topic cropped up about how it would make Liverpool and Everton fans feel. I think it would be hugely unpopular with blues because of his history but I think there's also some blues (a minority no doubt) who realise he would be the best reasonably attainable name out there. From our point of view, I wouldn't like it because he'd no doubt improve Everton and there's a chance it taints his time with us slightly for some people

I'm not gonna lie, I'd take Benitez, he's obviously a class act, but you've got that problem again where an already jaded fanbase is going to jump on his back even earlier than they would with Koeman or Silva if things don't go great immediately.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'd take Benitez, he's obviously a class act, but you've got that problem again where an already jaded fanbase is going to jump on his back even earlier than they would with Koeman or Silva if things don't go great immediately.

I'd be absolutely gutted if Rafa went to you.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

How long do you think he'll stay at Leicester? He's very upwardly mobile, if he gets you in Europe he'll be on the radar of Arsenal and Spurs, both potentially losing a manager soon. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

How long do you think he'll stay at Leicester? He's very upwardly mobile, if he gets you in Europe he'll be on the radar of Arsenal and Spurs, both potentially losing a manager soon. 

A couple of seasons. I think he'll want to get us in to Europe while making progress but can't deny at all he'll be a target for bigger clubs in the future. Especially if he continues to get us going in the right direction and continue to have us playing like he has done so far.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I can see Arsenal going for him at the end of the season. Emery's contract is up. I think he'd take it too.

Archived