Head to Head
Everton - 70 wins
Draws - 31
West Ham - 39 wins

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Last time we were in a 'relegation scrap' and we had these at home we won 4-0. However last season we lost 3-1. No result would really be a surprise here but from Silva's point of view it's about as close to a must-win game as a single league fixture can be this early in the season.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Last time we were in a 'relegation scrap' and we had these at home we won 4-0. However last season we lost 3-1. No result would really be a surprise here but from Silva's point of view it's about as close to a must-win game as a single league fixture can be this early in the season.

I can see it being one you win narrowly. Just one of those games where it goes against form but neither side really play well.

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm hearing the black Zidane, Alex Iwobi, is having a good game.

I still think it’s mental when he joined Everton you and I were just about the only people who rate him. Sure, he may not have been the most consistent player with you... but he’s clearly better than average by some distance

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Good goal from Bernard but what was the keeper doing? You can’t get beat like that

Dull game so far, hopefully it picks up. West Ham need to have a go at Everton

Need to get Yarmolenko on.

Everton really should have a second. Aside from those very good chances forcing very good saves, I think the ref’s robbed them on that disallowed Mina goal. I don’t see a foul or an offside, if anything Mina’s getting his shirt pulled

• Subscriber

So I watched the first half hour and was pleased with what I saw before I had to set off to my own game. Listened to the rest of the first half on the radio in the car and it sounded like we were starting to get stressed over poor decisions in the final third. Later heard we won 2-0 which was a relief even though it sounds like we should have had a few more.

If we can play like that consistently we'll get back in the mix with Leicester and that but it needs to happen consistently and it needs to start happening on the road too. Brighton away next who we shouldn't under estimate, but really we have no excuse not to beat if we can perform like that today. Then Watford at home in the cup. We have to look at it as two wins away from being back in the top half and in the League Cup quarter finals.

Credit to Silva for the lineup. Davies looked tidy from what I saw and he and Gomes as a partnership seemed to have a nice balance to it. A brave front four as well as those are considered to be our four options as wide players with none of our actual strikers or Sigurdsson. It worked though and got the best out of all of them. That's the best I've seen from Walcott for over a year. Also not surprising to see Sigurdsson finally bag after being dropped to the bench first.

Overall, based off the thirty minutes I saw and the rest that I've heard it wasn't the performance of a team who buy into the managers processes any less than 100%. This is what makes the poor start to the season so different to what we had under Koeman two years ago, and why I wanted Koeman to go at the time but still refuse to give up on Silva being a success for us.

• Subscriber

This is a good one. Moise Kean is caught wearing Delph shin pads.

Look a bit closer and it appears that the shin pads say Delph 18 and have a lighter blue tinge to them. Delph's squad number at Everton is 8, his number at City was 18.

Therefore not only is Kean wearing shin pads he appears to have borrowed from his injured teammate, they actually look like Delph's Man City shinnies.

Why Delph still owns any Man City shin pads I don't know, so don't get me started on how those shin pads made it onto Kean's legs. Does the young lad forget his own shin pads? Was this a Sunday League-esque "Think I've got some spares on the back seat mate" from Delph who had to dig under the passenger seat to find the spare City shin pads he left down there 6 months ago? Or is Kean just such a huge fan of Fabian Delph that he's been collecting replica Delph shin pads since he was a kid?

None of the above, I personally hope it's a show of solidarity with our friends Man City who have our full support in their race against the red shits for the Premier League title. :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Everton 2-0 West Ham - Saturday 19th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived