talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dele Alli controls the ball yesterday with his arm, goal stands. Ball hits Manes arm, no goal. 

Love this consistency.

I hope we come out second half and batter these cunts. Then I hope Klopp runs on the pitch at the end and round house kicks Atkinson in his face. 

Just now, Danny said:

No handball surely? Only a handball if your arms makes your natural frame bigger isn't it?

In goals scored, any hand full stop is ruled out.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

No handball surely? Only a handball if your arms makes your natural frame bigger isn't it?

Nah, any time it touches the attacker's arm/hand and leads to a goal it's always going to be disallowed. Regardless of natural frame, intention etc.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Err, @Danny said he didn't dive.

I didn't say that because of Danny.

But I can see why he thought it was soft. Based on the first few replays I thought it wasn't a foul either.

Just now, Stan said:

Nah, any time it touches the attacker's arm/hand and leads to a goal it's always going to be disallowed. Regardless of natural frame, intention etc.

You see the spurs goal yesterday? 

Just now, Stan said:

Strange as I'm sure it used to only be deliberate handballs or arms in an unnatural position?

Just now, Cicero said:

Liverpool genuinely have a mental block here, no matter how good they are. 

It's a weird one, seems to be a Klopp thing. I remember the Suarez-Sturridge team crushed United at Old Trafford back in 2013-14.

Just now, Cicero said:

Liverpool genuinely have a mental block here, no matter how good they are. 

Ridiculous isn’t it? Look at how bad they have been all season and even further back, yet we come here and look like a league 1 side. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Poor Atkinson getting the blame when it's the bloke in the VAR booth doing Liverpool dirty.

VAR makes the referee a peasant. I've said this before.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

You see the spurs goal yesterday? 

I did. I've only seen the MOTD angle/replay and it looked to touch the top of his chest. 

Happy to see another angle and be proven wrong, mind. 

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

It's a weird one, seems to be a Klopp thing. I remember the Suarez-Sturridge team crushed United at Old Trafford back in 2013-14.

That was prime Suarez though. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Poor Atkinson getting the blame when it's the bloke in the VAR booth doing Liverpool dirty.

This. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Atkinson should have seen the foul right in front of him, just because VAR is a rubber stamp on referee errors outside the box doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get the blame for his error

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived