• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Strange as I'm sure it used to only be deliberate handballs or arms in an unnatural position?

That's the way it used to be, but the changed the rule.  Any handball in the build up to the goal, waives the goal off.  Not really a fan of the new rule but it is what it is.

• Administrator
Just now, Redcanuck said:

That's the way it used to be, but the changed the rule.  Any handball in the build up to the goal, waives the goal off.  Not really a fan of the new rule but it is what it is.

I don't mind it. Takes away any ambiguity. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

English refs have always looked like total morons tbh

I thought in the Copa America, where VAR was overused, the referee looked uncomfortable during these decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Atkinson should have seen the foul right in front of him, just because VAR is a rubber stamp on referee errors outside the box doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get the blame for his error

In real time, you can see why he hasn’t given it. It’s just a foot through the middle. Even on a slow replay, it’s only very slight contact with the shin pad. You’re asking a referee to see that fine margin at full speed?

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

In real time, you can see why he hasn’t given it. It’s just a foot through the middle. Even on a slow replay, it’s only very slight contact with the shin pad. You’re asking a referee to see that fine margin at full speed?

Yes 

The handball rule in offense is fine really. Out of all the new rules, it's the least evil. Rules out any chance of a handball goal being scored.

The problem for me is that VAR goes back 2 or 3 minutes to search for any handball in possession. Obviously not the case with Mane but I've seen it in other games.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

United have been getting those all half. Every time a Liverpool player goes near a United player. Foul

• Subscriber

I dont think we've been particularly good in that first half. If you're Klopp you're laying down pressure before the second half because we've been abysmal across the pitch. This game is far from over and now its asking for a draw.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool have been hopeless though, zero chance they'll win the league like this, Manchester City will overhaul them by Christmas.

Teams that play them should look at man utd's approach towards them and they definitely wont win the league xD their biggest blessing was playing a weak spurs side, but klopp's team lacks a winning mentality that klopp cannot give them.. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived