talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019

football forum

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Irrelevant, same as the 5% thing. It doesn't matter how many times officials give a throw in to the other team when a defender hoofs it out, or give a goal when their watch literally tells them to. How often do they get the big, difficult decisions correct?

Love how we have an "agenda" yet we put in facts to state how the game was before and after and it just gets laughed off. Reel that one in xD

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Grizzly21 you have once again come on here with this poor me, everyone picks on me no one listens to me attitude. There are other people on here who don't like var this doesn't happen to. It should be very clear to you that the way you word things causes this.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@Grizzly21 you have once again come on here with this poor me, everyone picks on me no one listens to me attitude. There are other people on here who don't like var this doesn't happen to. It should be very clear to you that the way you word things causes this.

If you don't want me to make myself the victim, don't victimize me and say things like "you are ridiculous, bring in x or z to have a say cos they are smarter".

Fuck off.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

If you don't want me to make myself the victim, don't victimize me and say things like "you are ridiculous, bring in x or z to have a say cos they are smarter".

Fuck off.

Where have you been victimised ffs xDxD 

21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Let's ask a few in here @LFCMadLad @Dan you guys are against var.  Unlike Brian you put forward good arguments not ridiculous ones.

@Stan

It's a fucking pattern at this point. I put in an argument, it gets laughed off. I provide facts and decent arguments and it gets laughed off, then I get attacked. Someone comes in, makes the same argument and then they agree meanwhile belittling what I said. When I complain, I "am making myself the victim". Not really hard to see why either...

I cbf anymore tbh. It's tiresome at this point.

@Grizzly21 no one has disputes people have their own agendas and biases. Some people don't like var because they can't celebrate properly because they are worried the goal might get disaload. I want the game to be fair so I am willing to give var a try. But going around and making up and manipulating facts and over exaggerating everything is the problem. No one on this forum does that more than you in the var debate.

• Administrator
Just now, Grizzly21 said:

@Stan

It's a fucking pattern at this point. I put in an argument, it gets laughed off. I provide facts and decent arguments and it gets laughed off, then I get attacked. Someone comes in, makes the same argument and then they agree meanwhile belittling what I said. When I complain, I "am making myself the victim". Not really hard to see why either...

I cbf anymore tbh. It's tiresome at this point.

I saw that comment. It's not victimisation xD

He thinks you put forward ridiculous arguments. So what?

You think we have an agenda. You see us crying about it going all 'woe is me' and claiming victimisation xD?

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Grizzly21 no one has disputes people have their own agendas and biases. Some people don't like var because they can't celebrate properly because they are worried the goal might get disaload. I want the game to be fair so I am willing to give var a try. But going around and making up and manipulating facts and over exaggerating everything is the problem. No one on this forum does that more than you in the var debate.

So if I cant use stats (that actually represent the argument well) then what is the point of trying to back up my points?

Everytime I put in a stat, it is "manipulated". Everytime I put in a judgement argument, it is "nonsense".

Football debate is sad nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Fuck off.

You make yourself the victim. On this forum this happens to you more than anyone. It was just from teso you would have a point but you get in arguments with everyone on here all the time. It's a repeat pattern with you mate it happens time and time again. Clearly you are the issue

Love how we have an "agenda" yet we put in facts to state how the game was before and after and it just gets laughed off. Reel that one in xD

What's your obsession with the word agenda? I haven't used it once.

I'm not laughing off the facts you've put forward, I'm dismissing them because, as I explained, they become irrelevant when considered in context. If you have anything else, I'm all ears

Just now, Stan said:

I saw that comment. It's not victimisation xD

He thinks you put forward ridiculous arguments. So what?

You think we have an agenda. You see us crying about it going all 'woe is me' and claiming victimisation xD?

Well no, because you are 3 against 1. I'm not "different" or "ridiculous" for having a common opinion and defending our stance. It's embarrassing that Dan had to be brought upon to just further describe what I already said.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

What's your obsession with the word agenda? I haven't used it once.

I'm not laughing off the facts you've put forward, I'm dismissing them because, as I explained, they become irrelevant when considered in context. If you have anything else, I'm all ears

Fair, but I'm not manipulating anything. I believe the stat because there is the odd mistake from time to time before VAR. I just think the stakes have been raised to get a decision right now that there is a video replay to get it right.

@Grizzly21 I'll give you an example.  People who support VAR want the game to be as fair as possible with minimal disruption to the game. 

You then say I didn't start watching football because of its fairness. It's a ridiculous argument. You are adding 2 and 2 and getting 6. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You make yourself the victim. On this forum this happens to you more than anyone. It was just from teso you would have a point but you get in arguments with everyone on here all the time. It's a repeat pattern with you mate it happens time and time again. Clearly you are the issue

You do realize just because it's a "repeat pattern" doesn't mean its my fault right?

I only make myself the victim because I'm always left out. A while back, Spike came in and made the same exact argument as I did about football not being popular in the USA, and they said "fair enough" and continued to attack me.

People have made a habit of attacking me for my opinions. I'm not even counting Teso. Saying "its a repeat pattern" doesn't exactly mean I am the issue. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

So if I cant use stats (that actually represent the argument well) then what is the point of trying to back up my points?

Everytime I put in a stat, it is "manipulated". Everytime I put in a judgement argument, it is "nonsense".

Football debate is sad nowadays. 

The 5% stat? I asked where that was from and you didn't answer it. Is that factual?

Your judgement was based on people you've been to matches with and people you follow on Twitter. You then said to Gunnersaurus to prove that people celebrate goals without hesitation. The facts being that pretty much every goal scored anywhere is still naturally celebrated. Compare who you follow on Twitter (how many?) to the several hundreds of thousands of fans that still celebrate goals without immediately thinking about VAR and you can see why your statements/judgement are seen to be 'manipulated'. 

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Well no, because you are 3 against 1. I'm not "different" or "ridiculous" for having a common opinion and defending our stance. It's embarrassing that Dan had to be brought upon to just further describe what I already said.

And no. You weren't called ridiculous. Your arguments were. There's a difference.

@Grizzly21Also other people are listening to counter arguments. I said I didn't think many people would not celebrate properly because a goal may be disaload. I asked two people on here against var if they found that. One replied and said he felt similar. I have admitted may be wrong. 

Just now, Stan said:

Your judgement was based on people you've been to matches with and people you follow on Twitter. You then said to Gunnersaurus to prove that people celebrate goals without hesitation. The facts being that pretty much every goal scored anywhere is still naturally celebrated. Compare who you follow on Twitter (how many?) to the several hundreds of thousands of fans that still celebrate goals without immediately thinking about VAR and you can see why your statements/judgement are seen to be 'manipulated'. 

This is exactly what I said xD it was generalization. Exactly what everyone else did as well. Then you wonder why I "make myself the victim". Convenient to ignore things what I actually did say. I can even quote myself if you really want me to.

I have seen plenty of people decide to not celebrate goals, but pro-VARs saying "I haven't seen anyone not celebrate" is also generalization. How does that make my argument ridiculous?

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Grizzly21Also other people are listening to counter arguments. I said I didn't think many people would not celebrate properly because a goal may be disaload. I asked two people on here against var if they found that. One replied and said he felt similar. I have admitted may be wrong. 

Yeah, meanwhile saying my arguments are bad.

Only for Dan to come in and say the exact same thing.

You do realize just because it's a "repeat pattern" doesn't mean its my fault right?

I only make myself the victim because I'm always left out. A while back, Spike came in and made the same exact argument as I did about football not being popular in the USA, and they said "fair enough" and continued to attack me.

People have made a habit of attacking me for my opinions. I'm not even counting Teso. Saying "its a repeat pattern" doesn't exactly mean I am the issue. 

You are the issue Brian. Like I said before most people are reasonable on here. If the forum was full of bullies you would have a point but it isn't. @Stan isn't a bully I'm not a bully and yet we both constantly get into confrontations with you. The reason spike was listened to more was because of the way he explained what he meant. It was clearer and explained better. 

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Yeah, meanwhile saying my arguments are bad.

Only for Dan to come in and say the exact same thing.

Yeah but then I admitted I may be wrong when he did. I just said that

You are the issue Brian. Like I said before most people are reasonable on here. If the forum was full of bullies you would have a point but it isn't. @Stan isn't a bully I'm not a bully and yet we both constantly get into confrontations with you. The reason spike was listened to more was because of the way he explained what he meant. It was clearer and explained better. 

I am not the issue, regardless of what you want to believe.

I didn't attack anyone until I got attacked. Claiming I only put in ridiculous arguments, the other day Eco saying I am ignorant and a headache for saying football isn't popular in the States. None of that is my fault cos I was just debating my points. Again, saying how its a pattern with me doesn't make it true.

Yeah but then I admitted I may be wrong when he did. I just said that

Yep, because Dan is an established member and I'm always wrong.

With that I peace out, I couldn't be fucked to listen to anymore lies. It's beyond tedious for me.

Just now, Grizzly21 said:

I am not the issue, regardless of what you want to believe.

I didn't attack anyone until I got attacked. Claiming I only put in ridiculous arguments, the other day Eco saying I am ignorant and a headache for saying football isn't popular in the States. None of that is my fault cos I was just debating my points. Again, saying how its a pattern with me doesn't make it true.

You are the issue Brian! You really are. This doesn't work happen to any other member apart from you.  If someone goes into a group with 30 reasonable people and gets into arguments all the time the logical thing to assume is they are the problem. They may not be but the more logical thing to assume is they are. 

Yep, because Dan is an established member and I'm always wrong.

With that I peace out, I couldn't be fucked to listen to anymore lies. It's beyond tedious for me.

Dan is a reasonable member who although he is against var listens to reason. You aren't. Also Dan was a second opinion. Sometimes you here an opinion you don't think it is true then someone else has the same opinion and you reconsider. Everyone does that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived