• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You should always show United respect as a Liverpool team simply due to the fixture that it is. You’d be fucking daft to think any other way. I’m pretty certain when Liverpool were shite in the 90’s, those United teams didn’t think they’d just dick Liverpool because they were a juggernaut at the time. 

That being said, we can’t score in a fucking brothel these days, so it should be an easy Liverpool win. Stranger things have happened though.

Not saying we shouldn't show any respect. Last season's performance did just seem overly cautious from us compared to other performances though. Especially given you had 3 injuries in the first half I think? And Rashford then picked up a knock off I recall correctly

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

LFC fans, with the international break - would you give Milner the start over Wijnaldum… even though Wijnaldum's been in pretty good form lately?

I think I would if I were Klopp. It'd be taking advantage of Milner's international retirement and getting the more rested player on the pitch... and also he's someone who probably hates United just as much as we do.

Midfield is the one position you never really know what he's going to go with. I think Fabinho is a certainty. I would imagine Henderson starts so yeah Milner or Wijnaldum for the third spot. Don't see him throwing a Keita or Ox in here

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Midfield is the one position you never really know what he's going to go with. I think Fabinho is a certainty. I would imagine Henderson starts so yeah Milner or Wijnaldum for the third spot. Don't see him throwing a Keita or Ox in here

Yeah I imagine Fabinho's nailed on. Then it'll be 2 of Henderson, Milner and Gini - just wondering if people think because Milner's had some time off due to his international retirement if you'd give him the chance?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I imagine Fabinho's nailed on. Then it'll be 2 of Henderson, Milner and Gini - just wondering if people think because Milner's had some time off due to his international retirement if you'd give him the chance?

It depends what you'd do in the Champions League midweek because you'd imagine he'd want to rest maybe two of them in that in preparation for Spurs. 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Dan said:

Away win. It's got to be. It's the best Liverpool side I can remember and the worst Manchester United side I can remember.

Pretty much this for me, too.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

LFC fans, with the international break - would you give Milner the start over Wijnaldum… even though Wijnaldum's been in pretty good form lately?

I think I would if I were Klopp. It'd be taking advantage of Milner's international retirement and getting the more rested player on the pitch... and also he's someone who probably hates United just as much as we do.

I think its a good shout honestly because he's not slowed down and is a good person to have on the pitch as well. The other option is to stat with Gini and take him off and put Milner on as well. As said earlier in the chain though, no one knows what kind of system Klopp will employ but I think he'll want to give the players a chance to get back into the swing of things so maybe giving the players he wants to play CL football isn't such a bad thing then take them off in the second half and introduce subs. 

12 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Last year's record breaking second place was completely shut down and the score would of been 2-0 if it wasnt for Bailly OG.... 

Tendencies and numbers is what the betting gurus use.... the home factor plays a big role in this match, even though it's new players and coaches, the fact that SAF was great enough to outdo what that vile club accomplished in their club history. xD pseudo passion(what the liverscum faithful have grasped on this last few years can only get so loud.... 

That was with the great Don Mou in charge though mate. Now it's Ole at the wheel...

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd not factor in the fatigue because the CL game vs Genk is less important and a better resting opportunity. But I'd still give very serious thought to playing Milner for his leadership and hard head in a derby  game and using Gini as a substitute...

I wish Gini would bang in goals for us the way he does for the Netherlands.

I know it’s Man Utd and they shouldn’t be taken for granted even at this moment of time, but my god, this is the best chance of giving them a drubbing we have had in years. Allison will start, Salah is fit and we should see Matip return to the team. 

Not beating these lot would dent our confidence. Can’t even express how gutted I’ll be if we lose. 

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.eea03240d55df57164cea3400df5f406.png

Last 5 games for both don't look good. Forget that it's United and Liverpool for a second and you'd still go for the team on the right even if the games against Sheff United and MK Dons were relatively easy on paper, the left team drew with Rochdale and lost to Newcastle and West Ham.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

I know it’s Man Utd and they shouldn’t be taken for granted even at this moment of time, but my god, this is the best chance of giving them a drubbing we have had in years. Allison will start, Salah is fit and we should see Matip return to the team. 

Not beating these lot would dent our confidence. Can’t even express how gutted I’ll be if we lose. 

Imagine United fans if they're the ones to break our 18 game run....

There is fuck all upside to us in this game.

19 minutes ago, Rick said:

What do you mean? 

We win noone bats an eye. It is expected. "Don't get excited of course you were going to win".

Any other result and it's a huge for United and they will write all the headlines of their choosing. Their upside is huge as none expects anything from them.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

We win noone bats an eye. It is expected. "Don't get excited of course you were going to win".

Any other result and it's a huge for United and they will write all the headlines of their choosing. Their upside is huge as none expects anything from them.

If we beat them heavily, the headlines will rip them and praise us. We beat them narrowly, we still maintain our winning record and get congratulated by all parties for a continued fantastic start.

If they beat us, we deserve all the pisstaking we get.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Think your view on how a win at OT would be perceived is distorted.

You win there and you continue your perfect start to the season. You win and you pile on the pressure on Man Utd and Solskjaer. 

I haven't seen anyone say not to get excited!

Obviously it's huge for United getting a win over their successful [this season] rivals. Just as huge as it is for Liverpool to get a win over their rivals at any time anyway. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 20th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived