Head to Head
Sheff Utd - 39 wins
Draws - 27
Arsenal - 48 wins

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/10/2019 at 15:02, Pyfish said:

I went 3-1 to Arsenal in Stan's Prediction League. Can't see Sheffield United shocking Arsenal too much despite their good start to the season.

Not sure mate. I think a win for us would be a very good result. I mean Liverpool struggled and they are much better than us. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sheffield United gets a good result here. They’re an impressive side tbh, they can defend deep and with great organisation like a Fat Sam side. But they can also play some good fucking football and string a few nice moves together.

On paper though this should be an Arsenal win though - they’ve got the firepower to really get at Sheffield United. And I expect Arsenal to be walking away from this with 3 points. But it wouldn’t surprise me for a second if the smaller club was walking away with a point or 3.

• Subscriber

Chris Wilder gets completely under-rated as a coach because he's an outspoken, old school Yorkshireman. There's a decent chance in my opinion that he keeps them up fairly comfortably and that would be an outstanding effort.

If an Argentine had come over to England playing overlapping centre halves and doing this well with the worst squad n the league on paper they would be touted for the Arsenal or Tottenham job. I'm sure of it.

We haven't lost a monday night game since 2010, 12 games unbeaten, probably a pointless stat.. but you know xD

Our forward signings haven't quite worked out so far, McBurnie was caught drink driving a few days ago and has 1 goal in 10 appearances, also 1 between Mousset & Robinson and injury prone to boot. Still early in the season of course but we need them firing soon or something has to give in January. Otherwise, the team has looked great so far, certainly not looking out of place here and if Liverpool is anything to go by we'll put up a fight in these top 6 games.

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sheffield United gets a good result here. They’re an impressive side tbh, they can defend deep and with great organisation like a Fat Sam side. But they can also play some good fucking football and string a few nice moves together.

On paper though this should be an Arsenal win though - they’ve got the firepower to really get at Sheffield United. And I expect Arsenal to be walking away from this with 3 points. But it wouldn’t surprise me for a second if the smaller club was walking away with a point or 3.

Yeah, I'd be even less surprised if they get a good result here now.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Top four is actually so open. Are Arsenal always this mediocre?

Wilder I maintain is a terrific coach. They look relatively comfortable yet again.

Imo Arsenal haven't played very well at all this season. I doubt Emery stays beyond his current contract... and I don't think he should for Arsenal's sake either tbh.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo Arsenal haven't played very well at all this season. I doubt Emery stays beyond his current contract... and I don't think he should for Arsenal's sake either tbh.

When's his contract up?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Panna King said:

End of this season.   

Reckon Arsenal will extend his contract. 

For me they've not really progressed in standard of football from how it was when Wenger was coming to the end of his tenure. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Reckon Arsenal will extend his contract. 

For me they've not really progressed in standard of football from how it was when Wenger was coming to the end of his tenure. 

No he will go, he is sucking the life out of this team with his negative tactics. 

• The title was changed to Sheff Utd 1-0 Arsenal - Monday 21st October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived