talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 1-0 Arsenal - Monday 21st October, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

The most damning thing about that is it wasn't one bit surprising. Sheffield United are such a well drilled and coached side it's scarcely believable. That squad under mediocre management goes down with a whimper. What Wilder has done, and continues to do there is astonishing. I said it earlier in the thread - the perception of him as a personality will undermine how good a manager he is. He's a legitimate upgrade for either Arsenal or Manchester United for me.

Arsenal were absolutely shit as well. This is an amazing chance again for us to make the top 4.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wish I could enjoy this more - shame we are just as terrible currently, if not worse. 

However are we sure Pepe isn't a competition winner? He's like Clinton N'Jie without the sex tape 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pepe needs time. He will turn into a fine player. It just won’t be under Emery 

When you buy players at the amount Pepe was bought for they have to hit the ground running, if the scouting is done properly the player should fit straight in to the team but he looks a mile off, selling Iwobi for Pepe looks very poor business right now. Pepe looks terrified and has no confidence what so ever, he needs to come out the team. 

Actually I think Arsenal signed Bebe not Pepe :ph34r:

nintchdbpict000000551195.jpg

1 minute ago, Dan said:

So much for attack being Arsenal's strength. They've been outscored so far by Villa.

I still think it's their strength - look at that side, it's got the players to attack... it doesn't really have the players to defend. They just don't play to their strengths for some reason, especially away from home.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

So much for attack being Arsenal's strength. They've been outscored so far by Villa.

Doesn't help when the manager is playing 3 defensive midfielders, shitty full backs, 1 young kid on the wing and the other wing is the biggest flop since the Red Bull mountain diving belly flop competition.   Unless Auba does something then Arsenal will score if not they are so boring, so predictable and toothless.   

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I still think it's their strength - look at that side, it's got the players to attack... it doesn't really have the players to defend. They just don't play to their strengths for some reason, especially away from home.

I really think they're a badly coached side. They've got the firepower to hit 80+ goals in my opinion but won't get close to it.

I'm yet again looking at the table and wondering how certain teams are as high as they are. Arsenal one of them. To be honest I think us as well, we've been alright but 3rd xD Palace 6th, Spurs have been awful and they're 7th.

The league is very open again. All we need is you and Man City to collapse.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I really think they're a badly coached side. They've got the firepower to hit 80+ goals in my opinion but won't get close to it.

I'm yet again looking at the table and wondering how certain teams are as high as they are. Arsenal one of them. To be honest I think us as well, we've been alright but 3rd xD Palace 6th, Spurs have been awful and they're 7th.

The league is very open again. All we need is you and Man City to collapse.

Well I hope just City collapse. And literally other side in the league tbh, I don't give a toss how you all do but if you could all be extra shite that would be fantastic.

But yeah I think Arsenal are a miserably coached side and my opinion on Emery is that... he's not a great manager. Probably should have stuck with Sevilla (and so should have his DoF) - since then his career has been a bit underwhelming.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well I hope just City collapse. And literally other side in the league tbh, I don't give a toss how you all do but if you could all be extra shite that would be fantastic.

But yeah I think Arsenal are a miserably coached side and my opinion on Emery is that... he's not a great manager. Probably should have stuck with Sevilla (and so should have his DoF) - since then his career has been a bit underwhelming.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd want Emery out. I can't see any real identity about them at all. They're a nothing side and if they stick with him all season I think we'll finish ahead of them.

Just now, Dan said:

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd want Emery out. I can't see any real identity about them at all. They're a nothing side and if they stick with him all season I think we'll finish ahead of them.

Tbh I think you finish above them regardless of whether they stick with him all season or not. It's not easy to go from a manager that's sucked all the identity out of a side and then midseason have a new manager come in and try to inject that identity - speaking from experience when Rodgers left us and Klopp came in, we were a side that was utterly devoid of character and Klopp came in and tried to stamp some into us. The performances improved on the pitch... but results didn't always follow with those performances - it takes time to really give a squad that's lacking in character some character again.

Even as a neutral Arsenal are really frustrating to watch. All that possession yet no creativity.

It amazes me that despite years of underperforming in these type of matches they still underestimate these type of sides. There was no panic, they assumed the goals would eventually come, and then with about ten minutes they realised it was too late.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Lacazette will return to full fitness soon and the new front three will have a period of longevity to gel. Not to mention Bellerin and Tierney on the flanks could be exciting to watch when the former returns. 

If they cant finish top four given the issues at United, Spurs and Chelsea then the board have some serious decisions to be made. But for now, just let him grow. Creating a lack of stability will not benefit anybody, especially given the amount of new players they've been bedding in over the last 6-8 weeks.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

In fairness we’re on 15 which is joint 5th with Spurs. Arsenal are on 13 which is joint 6th with Bournemouth. 

What I will say is that when we played them I felt the turnaround was more us than them. I thought for 60 odd mins we were the better side and I wasn’t impressed at all. 

• Subscriber

Shall we talk about Mesut Ozil? Scapegoated for nearly all of Arsenal's problems (along with Wenger), now neither of them are near this team and they're actually worse.

Say what you will about Ozil, but he unlocks defences, even if he does go AWOL in big games or tough games. Needs to be back in the side because Emery and Arsenal are in no position whatsoever to call him a luxury player that they could do without.

Josh Kroenke will have to soon deal with why the 2 biggest assets at Arsenal, Pepe not performing who was a club record signing and Ozil on 350K a week not playing, to protect their investment which are at the moment been ruined by the Emery.   

Emery has turned in to a really bad coach with this awful slow style of football with no creativity in the team, starving the forwards of any decent service, I have no Idea what has gone on but Emery needs to go ASAP.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Josh Kroenke will have to soon deal with why the 2 biggest assets at Arsenal, Pepe not performing who was a club record signing and Ozil on 350K a week not playing, to protect their investment which are at the moment been ruined by the Emery.   

Emery has turned in to a really bad coach with this awful slow style of football with no creativity in the team, starving the forwards of any decent service, I have no Idea what has gone on but Emery needs to go ASAP.

Save it til after the 9th please 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived