Other Matches - Saturday 19th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Scandalous that VAR against Burnley, Leicester have got lucky there 

'scandalous' is a stretch. Wood clearly trips and impedes Evans from trying to get the ball off the line? 

• Subscriber

We continue to not be totally convincing but still somehow get the wins. VAR seems to be hitting our games as much as anyones at the minute.

I thought we were OK but a bit lucky to win. Dyche has a right to feel fucked off after that.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

'scandalous' is a stretch. Wood clearly trips and impedes Evans from trying to get the ball off the line? 

Oh it’s just a natural collision it’s not intentional, you can’t start giving fouls for that. If that was against you you’re going to be livid, think Dyche is right to be upset with it. 

VAR gives refs a chance to bottle it and they increasingly are taking that opportunity. It’s getting worse to not better

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Oh it’s just a natural collision it’s not intentional, you can’t start giving fouls for that. If that was against you you’re going to be livid, think Dyche is right to be upset with it. 

VAR gives refs a chance to bottle it and they increasingly are taking that opportunity. It’s getting worse to not better

But if it happens anywhere else on the pitch, it's also a foul.

Think if an attacker is one-on-one, either approaching the box or in the box. A defender is chasing back also. The attacker is about to shoot. Defender comes across him, clips the attacker's legs. Attacker is fouled.

It's the same scenario. Evans is about to clear the ball. Wood clips him. Foul given. 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

We continue to not be totally convincing but still somehow get the wins. VAR seems to be hitting our games as much as anyones at the minute.

I thought we were OK but a bit lucky to win. Dyche has a right to feel fucked off after that.

Think it's dfficult to be totally convincing against a defensive Dyche side like that. At times we played some really nice quick passing and then it was just that final ball that was unsuccessful. 

It was weird because at times both sides reminded me of how we were under Puel. Us in terms of passing sideways and finding difficulty to break a side down, and them in terms of not really trying to win and just focusing on structure and rigid formation of the team.

I think we were good for the win and deserved the points more than them and more than drawing the game. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

But if it happens anywhere else on the pitch, it's also a foul.

Think if an attacker is one-on-one, either approaching the box or in the box. A defender is chasing back also. The attacker is about to shoot. Defender comes across him, clips the attacker's legs. Attacker is fouled.

It's the same scenario. Evans is about to clear the ball. Wood clips him. Foul given. 

Think it's dfficult to be totally convincing against a defensive Dyche side like that. At times we played some really nice quick passing and then it was just that final ball that was unsuccessful. 

It was weird because at times both sides reminded me of how we were under Puel. Us in terms of passing sideways and finding difficulty to break a side down, and them in terms of not really trying to win and just focusing on structure and rigid formation of the team.

I think we were good for the win and deserved the points more than them and more than drawing the game. 

I think we're a good side up until the final third most of the time (with the exception of Chilwell who's form is really starting to concern me). There's just something missing, we're not far off being very good, but we're a bit predictable at times.

Ayoze Perez is struggling. To be honest he looks a bit lost and has done all season.

The best thing I can say about us is that we seem to get the win regardless most of the time. I actually still think we can improve from here. We are winning games we'd have drawn or lost last season. Yesterday a perfect example of that. No way do we win that under Puel.

Four home wins in a row, in-fact our home record under Rodgers is 7-2-1, which is top four form.

• Administrator

Just watching highlights of Villa vs Brighton on MOTD

Mooy can't have any complaints about his 2 bookings. Naive for his first, blatant foul from behind for his 2nd. Not sure what the debate/controversy was about.
Hourihane's goal disallowed looked harsh. Never been a fan of the rule where attacking players can't challenge keepers, especially when the latter cna sometimes come charging out and take out players as they catch/punch the ball. Not even sure what Wesley did was even much wrong. Just jumps up and stronger in the air? 
Based on the highlights it looked like Villa deserved the win. Created more and perhaps could have scored more but Ryan did well in Brighton's goal. Mooy has to take some culpability for the loss because of his red card. Grealish's influence reminds me of Maddison for us. As @Fairy In Boots said, seems to be finding his level now.

• Administrator

Wow, just seen the Spurs incidents. Vertonghen on Deulofeu was a stone-wall for me. Vertonghen lifts his leg up as he's slid down on to Deulofeu causing the winger to go down. That's 'clear and obvious' for me to be overturned.

Watford's finishing is terrible. They had about 4 decent chances to threaten more than they did. They could have had the game wrapped up by the time Spurs scored. And they should have defended the actual goal better too. Foster and the defender were poor.

Looks like Alli's chest to me from the angles shown on MOTD. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Just watching highlights of Villa vs Brighton on MOTD

Mooy can't have any complaints about his 2 bookings. Naive for his first, blatant foul from behind for his 2nd. Not sure what the debate/controversy was about.
Hourihane's goal disallowed looked harsh. Never been a fan of the rule where attacking players can't challenge keepers, especially when the latter cna sometimes come charging out and take out players as they catch/punch the ball. Not even sure what Wesley did was even much wrong. Just jumps up and stronger in the air? 
Based on the highlights it looked like Villa deserved the win. Created more and perhaps could have scored more but Ryan did well in Brighton's goal. Mooy has to take some culpability for the loss because of his red card. Grealish's influence reminds me of Maddison for us. As @Fairy In Boots said, seems to be finding his level now.

Brighton are a good side I reckon they’re going to be ok. 

Defo think Watford & Norwich are going to struggle from now on 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived