talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Board & Card Games

football forum

20 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I have actually played exploiting kittens before... was too high and drunk to actually enjoy it but its definitely a card game worth the time. 

The rules that come in the game are absolute shit. They put a YouTube instructional video up there that is drug and alcohol friendly, because they aren’t total shit like the ones in the box.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I couldn't remember the name of the card game to save my life and naturally it was driving me crazy but finally remembered it... Phase 10 

FW4XZQYJE4KNAOX.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&fram

I almost raged quit the first time I played it but the sister in law brought out the whiskey and I proceeded to kick ass. xD

When i first played it my thought was "so this is how you fuck up something as simple as UNO" but its a superb game when you play with more than two people.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, nudge said:

That's pretty much my current situation. We used to have a nice group of friends some 10 years ago and we used to gather together every two weeks or so for a game evening with some beer etc.; used to be class. But now that everyone's moved somewhere else I don't have anyone to play with anymore. I even researched board games that can be played solo but to be fair that would be even sadder xD 

Ha I knew you're a board game geek :D 

I'd love to give Star Wars: Rebellion a go. Looks fantastic. 

How's Terraforming Mars? I played the video game and liked it; wonder how the board game is. 

----------------------

Those of you who like Catan should also try Carcassonne if you haven't yet. Also Saboteur is a fun fast card/strategy game; we often played it in a pub as it's just great easy entertainment.

Now I'm really interested in Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island  and Rising Sun; would love to hear some reviews if anyone tried it?

Terraforming Mars is a great game if you want to spend time with it but I think anyone who wants something quick shouldn't bother. Its like Scythe (spelling?) where you really need to plan and plot stuff. If you haven't tried TM id suggest giving it a go and do it with more than two people.

I cannot recommend Star Wars: Rebellion enough to people but my only advice is play it on a REALLY BIG TABLE its so expansive that a smaller table will ruin the experience.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Terraforming Mars is a great game if you want to spend time with it but I think anyone who wants something quick shouldn't bother. Its like Scythe (spelling?) where you really need to plan and plot stuff. If you haven't tried TM id suggest giving it a go and do it with more than two people.

I cannot recommend Star Wars: Rebellion enough to people but my only advice is play it on a REALLY BIG TABLE its so expansive that a smaller table will ruin the experience.

Well yeah that's going to be problematic xD 

Enjoy a game of Chess when I get the chance and used to play Backgammon but have forgotten how to play that now it was so long ago.. xD

Any card games really and things like Monopoly and Frustration with the kids, nothing more satisfying than having one of your kids only 2 places from safety on a Frustration board only for you to swoop in and land on them to take them back to square one.. or watching them beg and borrow to make the payments for landing on my Mayfair with all the hotels on.. B|

Kids are not around long enough for us to enjoy an evening of it any more and the missus won't play me because I beat her most of the time.. We also enjoy a game of Yahtzee but not really sure you could call some of them board games as such.. 

We have games nights with family and friends from time to time.

Pictionary and Scategories are popular given how easy to grasp they are but occasionally we play 'And they're off!'.

It's brilliant. Horse Racing game where you bet on horses and the cards come out as you comentate and you move the horses forward and back during the race. You all take it in turns to do commentary too which is a laugh.

We recently bought one called Linkee. Very good. You have to guess the link by getting the answers to 4 questions. Really clever, i recommend.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We recently bought one called Linkee. Very good. You have to guess the link by getting the answers to 4 questions. Really clever, i recommend.

Ah yeah Linkee is great. I don't have it but my mate is and it's a regular game to play when we're round there.

They're all cleverer than me so I've never won xD 

• Subscriber

Scattegories and Linkee are the last two that I've bought and enjoy them both.

Been playing many different editions of Monopoly lately as there were a few for cheap that I found on eBay and the girlfriend bloody loves it. i think that's just because she always wins... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Played this on Friday

pic3880340.jpg

Quite fun and a good game that goes by really quick. I don't know how much replayability you'd genuinely get out of it but its a fun game and I recommend it for groups of three or more. I am thinking of picking up a copy of it for myself just to get out of the generic games we've run through this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I need your help!!

Me and the girlfriend have agreed to buy a board game each for us to play on Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve. The only condition is it has to be under £10 and include at least one dice. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I need your help!!

Me and the girlfriend have agreed to buy a board game each for us to play on Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve. The only condition is it has to be under £10 and include at least one dice. 

Snakes & Ladders, Ludo to name a couple, or some listed below. 

1973226896_download(1).thumb.png.c6856680b5188d6036d17fc25c0c6999.png

1980346746_download(2).thumb.png.f333ec8033df136641e54ef4012fa4ce.png

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I need your help!!

Yeah but what about Christmas Eve?

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Snakes & Ladders, Ludo to name a couple, or some listed below. 

1973226896_download(1).thumb.png.c6856680b5188d6036d17fc25c0c6999.png

1980346746_download(2).thumb.png.f333ec8033df136641e54ef4012fa4ce.png

Aiming to steer away from the traditional ones if we can!

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah but what about Christmas Eve?

New Years Eve rather 😂

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I need your help!!

I think it's going to be a bit hard to find a good game under £10 that fits your requirements... Is dice rolling a must? There are plenty good and fun ones that use a card deck only!

• Subscriber

I don't think you can get something under 10 with dice that is going to keep you too engaged personally. As @nudge said there are cart loads of great card-based games which are super fun. However, if you'll want something off-beat you can try this game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/62871/zombie-dice

Think its under 10 and can sort you out on the dice-rolling part and its a fun game too. The only downside is that games get over pretty quick.

• Subscriber

Once the wife gets back from our daughters later on tonight we are going to sit down later with our son and have a game of...

IMG-20191116-WA0002.jpeg.e2cdf6099fd63ec61c5df967bd9ee3e0.jpeg

I will have some wine with the wife and our son will have a few bottles of Heineken he has in the fridge, he is having a break from his taxi job this weekend and will just chill out with us and Alexander the 2nd oldest grandson.  

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Once the wife gets back from our daughters later on tonight we are going to sit down later with our son and have a game of...

IMG-20191116-WA0002.jpeg.e2cdf6099fd63ec61c5df967bd9ee3e0.jpeg

I will have some wine with the wife and our son will have a few bottles of Heineken he has in the fridge, he is having a break from his taxi job this weekend and will just chill out with us and Alexander the 2nd oldest grandson.  

Such an underrated game.

• The title was changed to Board & Card Games

Archived