The better place to talk football.

Board & Card Games

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, nudge said:

I looked it up when you posted this game earlier; looks nice (and also has a slight fantasy/mythology element by the looks of it) but somehow it doesn't really appeal to me enough to buy it. You said you enjoyed it but weren't sure about replay value, right?

Three Kingdoms looks great; I should definitely give it a go even if there's no fantasy element :) Looks very epic so it's surely worth trying. Loved The Year of the Dragon. And you're right; that deck game (Ghost Stories) is more similar to what I'm looking for story-wise! Will see if I can order it... Have been reading a lot of Xianxia lately so now I have an itch to scratch haha. 

Thanks!

If you don't I will did some reading and it looks quite fun.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Used to love chess and draughts when i was younger with my old man. I even played chess a lot online but stopped years ago. No friends who like to play, and if i asked one of my friends for a game of either they would laugh at me.

I love board games when you've got a big gathering for a meal or something after the meal. Good memories... love a game of Monopoly! I'm too competitive though... and i remember a number of funny arguments with my ex over board games xD :ph34r:

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Used to love chess and draughts when i was younger with my old man. I even played chess a lot online but stopped years ago. No friends who like to play, and if i asked one of my friends for a game of either they would laugh at me.

I love board games when you've got a big gathering for a meal or something after the meal. Good memories... love a game of Monopoly! I'm too competitive though... and i remember a number of funny arguments with my ex over board games xD :ph34r:

One of the reasons I love Christmas time. Family and friends round - albeit it this year not friends cos of stupid COVID - we play so many games together. Gets better and worse at the same time the more we drink xD 

• The title was changed to Board & Card Games
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

See the source image

If you like TTs that are co-operative this is a must-have in the board-game set. I got a chance to play this over the weekend and thought I'd post here then but it slipped my mind. It's a TT masterpiece. Mind you its a bit expensive. 

Not sure if you count this but I got a game recently called Kluster.

So simple. You take it in turns to lay magnetic stones inside a rope circle with the aim to be the first one to get ride of all your stones.

These stones can either attract or repel other stones the closer you get so you have to be careful where ypu place them, but if any touch as a result, you have to pick those up.

pf-3fd8c3d2--UK-Kluster-Lifestyle-08.jpg

I like playing when there's 4 of you as we kind of play to eliminate one person each round till two playoff a final for last person standing.

Used to have a weekly game night with friends and family.  Some of our regular games were Dominion, 7 Wonders, and Smallworld.  I think between my brother and I we have something like 100 board games of various themes.

Also played a lot of euchre in college.  My recently deceased father-in-law was a huge fan of card games and loved to play Hearts and Spades.  I miss those nights.

Recently my middle son has been interested in Magic so I found my stash in the basement and got it out for him to look at.  Now he just wants to build decks and play-test them.  

On 11/09/2020 at 09:55, Stan said:

You should all buy Code Names and thank me later.

Very simple premise to the game but can get quite tricky when in the middle of a game.

Code Names is a great game.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Coma said:

Used to have a weekly game night with friends and family.  Some of our regular games were Dominion, 7 Wonders, and Smallworld.  I think between my brother and I we have something like 100 board games of various themes.

Also played a lot of euchre in college.  My recently deceased father-in-law was a huge fan of card games and loved to play Hearts and Spades.  I miss those nights.

Recently my middle son has been interested in Magic so I found my stash in the basement and got it out for him to look at.  Now he just wants to build decks and play-test them.  

I still play magic regularly at a local store :D if you have old cards be aware some might be worth some serious money. 

I second Code Names as well, a handful of my friends have been playing game nights every couple months thats still one of our fav's. We've taken up to Azul recently and Ticket to Ride as well to name a couple others. 

• Subscriber

Another game that we like playing with 4 players is Citadels

See the source image

Has a travel pack and really does create some interesting situations when played. Just cards and some tokens which really helps when you want to start a game quickly. Most of the really good game these days have a bit of a setup which is good if you want to play for a while but they tend to not be as easy to get into.

34 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I still play magic regularly at a local store :D if you have old cards be aware some might be worth some serious money. 

I second Code Names as well, a handful of my friends have been playing game nights every couple months thats still one of our fav's. We've taken up to Azul recently and Ticket to Ride as well to name a couple others. 

I forgot about Azul.  Love that as well.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Another game that we like playing with 4 players is Citadels

See the source image

Has a travel pack and really does create some interesting situations when played. 

Looks fairly inexpensive too, thanks for the suggestion ill check this one out :D

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Looks fairly inexpensive too, thanks for the suggestion ill check this one out :D

Quite fun with two people and there's a variation box which i'd recommend over the original. The roles have a lot of changes and the game setups are varied so you dont get bored.

Archived