talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexi Lalas says Carlos Vela is a Top 20 Player in the World

football forum

I typically don't mind listening to Alexi, but assuming that the MLS has a top 20 player in the world, just immediately makes me cringe a little. 

I'll miss a few, of that I'm sure, but here are 20 players that are certainly better than Carlos Vela

1. Cristiano Ronaldo
  2. Messi
  3. Neymar
  4. Mbappe
  5. De Bruyne
  6. Luis Suarez
  7. Lewandowski
  8. Neuer
  9. Godin
  10. Hazard
  11. Ramos
  12. Modric
  13. Kroos
  14. De Gea
  15. Kante
  16. Aguero
  17. Kane
  18. Hummels
  19. Salah
  20. Oblack

Yeah - I don't think anyone can say Vela is a top 20 player in the world. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lalas knows B| i wouldn't put him above bruno g. And alexis mac allister but Vela and Zlatan are too good for this side of the world... he doesnt only scores class goals but add his assists and the space he opens up for the rest of the team and it makes him easily the best offensive player in the America's not named zlatan. 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Lalas knows B| i wouldn't put him above bruno g. And alexis mac allister but Vela and Zlatan are too good for this side of the world... he doesnt only scores class goals but add his assists and the space he opens up for the rest of the team and it makes him easily the best offensive player in the America's not named zlatan. 

But he is no where near top 20 in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

But he is no where near top 20 in the world. 

I agree but what he did at Real Sociedad and what he is doing at LAFC is simply amazing. The Mexican NT would be the third best squad in the Americas if they could convince Vela to stop being a bitch. xD raul Jimenez, Vela, and Lozano :x

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I agree but what he did at Real Sociedad and what he is doing at LAFC is simply amazing. The Mexican NT would be the third best squad in the Americas if they could convince Vela to stop being a bitch. xD raul Jimenez, Vela, and Lozano :x

Uruguay and Colombia > Mexico

(Don’t come in to say I have an obsession with Mexico, I’m speaking to everyone and not just Teso. I’m giving my opinion that I think Uruguay and Colombia have far better squads than Mexico but I still think all 3 have very respectable sides)

Also, Twellman > Lalas. Actually I could do a better job in the panel than Lalas, me at 21. The man was a decent player but I can’t listen to him speak. Idiot at best.

Archived