talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 19/20 Sack Race

Who will be the first manager to be fired?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one:

• Niko Kovac
    • Lucien Favre
    • Peter Bosz
    • Other (please comment)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Baumgart seems the easy one unless I don't know something.

Why though? They are last and have only one point but I don't think anyone expected anything from them anyway and they have played pretty well (relatively) in most of their matches so far. Would be silly to get rid of the manager; I don't think anyone else would do a much better job. 

From the clubs at the bottom of the table I think Köln are the most likely ones to sack their manager.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Why though? They are last and have only one point but I don't think anyone expected anything from them anyway and they have played pretty well (relatively) in most of their matches so far. Would be silly to get rid of the manager; I don't think anyone else would do a much better job. 

From the clubs at the bottom of the table I think Köln are the most likely ones to sack their manager.

Maybe Koln as well. 

I have seen two Paderborn matches, and they have looked awful. If Bayern get knocked out of the CL, then my thoughts will change dramatically. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Maybe Koln as well. 

I have seen two Paderborn matches, and they have looked awful. If Bayern get knocked out of the CL, then my thoughts will change dramatically. 

Paderborn's squad is about the same in terms of quality if not worse than their last season's squad in the 2. Bundesliga; can't expect much from them and can't really blame the manager for lack of results. I thought they played well in every match except the Schalke and Mainz ones - always trying to go forward instead of playing boring defensive football and have been unlucky not to get any points (other than the Wolfsburg draw). I find that alone is worth admiration. The fans love him, the players and the board trust him. I just can't see him getting fired. Would also be silly considering that they went into this season with no expectations and relegation is what they were prepared for anyway; why get rid of a good manager who got them from the bottom of the 3. Liga back to the 1. Bundesliga in just two years; especially when they also extended his contract just a few months ago. 

Now Köln's situation is completely different. I think they have enough quality in the squad to stay up and are really underperforming.

Paderborn's squad is about the same in terms of quality if not worse than their last season's squad in the 2. Bundesliga; can't expect much from them and can't really blame the manager for lack of results. I thought they played well in every match except the Schalke and Mainz ones - always trying to go forward instead of playing boring defensive football and have been unlucky not to get any points (other than the Wolfsburg draw). I find that alone is worth admiration. The fans love him, the players and the board trust him. I just can't see him getting fired. Would also be silly considering that they went into this season with no expectations and relegation is what they were prepared for anyway; why get rid of a good manager who got them from the bottom of the 3. Liga back to the 1. Bundesliga in just two years; especially when they also extended his contract just a few months ago. 

Now Köln's situation is completely different. I think they have enough quality in the squad to stay up and are really underperforming.

Yeah - I wasn't aware of his contract extension, nor of how beloved he is by the team, fans, and staff. Just going off of results. 

Koln are probably a good shout, as if they continue to struggle, I'm not sure the board will want to risk another season in 2. Bundesliga. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

But really, the thing is, if Dortmund or Bayern decide to let their current coaches go, I really struggle to see a decent replacement on the market. 

Bayern could certainly go all out for Pochettino.

Dortmund would be interesting, as I would be shocked if they go for Mourniho, as he doesn't seem their type of manager. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

But really, the thing is, if Dortmund or Bayern decide to let their current coaches go, I really struggle to see a decent replacement on the market. 

BVB apparently have Kohfeldt on their shortlist :ph34r:

BVB apparently have Kohfeldt on their shortlist :ph34r:

I read that he wants to stay at Werder, and he seems like a true to his word kind of guy. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Bayern could certainly go all out for Pochettino.

Dortmund would be interesting, as I would be shocked if they go for Mourniho, as he doesn't seem their type of manager. 

Ok, I just had an idea. Hear me out, and praise and quote me later on that one. Bayern, Arsene Wenger. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I read that he wants to stay at Werder, and he seems like a true to his word kind of guy. 

Yeah but things change fast in football... I hope he stays for a long time and I do think that the BVB rumours were just that anyway.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ok, I just had an idea. Hear me out, and praise and quote me later on that one. Bayern, Arsene Wenger. 

I honestly think Wenger would be great for BVB.

He also speaks perfect German I believe.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Not a big Merkel fan? xD

Well, she did a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong. There's a lot of exaggerated hate towards her in this country, but I think, to be honest, we could have been a lot worse without her. Her predecessors weren't much better. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Time out...what about Jurgen Klinnsman? 

He wasn't awful when he was the NT manager here in the States. 

Was shite at Bayern before that.

Unrelated but he's taking over Ecuador now I think.

Yea, Klinsmann was a bit of a car crash as a coach. I remember that he installed all those Buddha statues at Bayern's training ground for their "lounge area". He had a lot of innovative wrong ideas xD

Archived