• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Foreman | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

You should have posted this in the Boxing thread as he was a former Heavyweight Champion of the World, this post will just disappear in here, just a thought :D

True, was going to do what you said but it's a mixed bag. Huge percentage is his life and not boxing related.

Oh George.

Oh boxing.

Oh BBQ grill.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

His boxing days may have been great but this man gave the world the Foreman grill. It makes sliced bread look like shit.

Next week is my week off from insanity followed by the final 4-weeks. Am thinking of purchasing the smaller one to quickly make chicken breasts. Is it worth it? Or should I just stick to an oven? If cooked and eaten instantly is the taste good? Does marinade dry up or does the flavor stay?

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Next week is my week off from insanity followed by the final 4-weeks. Am thinking of purchasing the smaller one to quickly make chicken breasts. Is it worth it? Or should I just stick to an oven? If cooked and eaten instantly is the taste good? Does marinade dry up or does the flavor stay?

I'll try and answer them as best as I can

• Is it worth it? Or should I just stick to an oven? - IMO, the place it beats a traditional oven is the amount of prep time you're going to spend with a traditional oven to get the heat right for cooking. The FG just starts up and gets going pretty quick. Granted its a draw on electricity but it cooks things evenly and pushes out the fat so you're eating something lean.
  • If cooked and eaten instantly is the taste good? - Never had an issue with this and you have to really only spend time prepping the meat you want to cook in there. the most common one is chicken breasts as they cook faster but they do taste good and the marinade will almost caramelize over the meat giving it that crunchy outside while retaining some moisture in the meat based on how long you cook it. 
  • Does marinade dry up or does the flavor stay? - I think it depends on the marinade and how long the meat has been marinating for as well. I used to do a longer marinade with a much faster cook time and run a sauce on the side when I did it just because I wanted something with the meat but keep in mind that it does drain out a lot of the fat from the meat cooked as it comes off into the drip tray. With some time and practice you'll learn what works best for you.

In the end, its more of a speed-cook than the more traditional heat up the oven and get the temperature right way of cooking meat. Is it good? i think so. Is it something you absolutely need to cook chicken in a healthy way? I dont think so. Also, if you're into getting the temperature just right this is not the tool to get the job done. 

42 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'll try and answer them as best as I can

• Is it worth it? Or should I just stick to an oven? - IMO, the place it beats a traditional oven is the amount of prep time you're going to spend with a traditional oven to get the heat right for cooking. The FG just starts up and gets going pretty quick. Granted its a draw on electricity but it cooks things evenly and pushes out the fat so you're eating something lean.
  • If cooked and eaten instantly is the taste good? - Never had an issue with this and you have to really only spend time prepping the meat you want to cook in there. the most common one is chicken breasts as they cook faster but they do taste good and the marinade will almost caramelize over the meat giving it that crunchy outside while retaining some moisture in the meat based on how long you cook it. 
  • Does marinade dry up or does the flavor stay? - I think it depends on the marinade and how long the meat has been marinating for as well. I used to do a longer marinade with a much faster cook time and run a sauce on the side when I did it just because I wanted something with the meat but keep in mind that it does drain out a lot of the fat from the meat cooked as it comes off into the drip tray. With some time and practice you'll learn what works best for you.

In the end, its more of a speed-cook than the more traditional heat up the oven and get the temperature right way of cooking meat. Is it good? i think so. Is it something you absolutely need to cook chicken in a healthy way? I dont think so. Also, if you're into getting the temperature just right this is not the tool to get the job done. 

Thanks for that, will stick to the oven lol. I get the fat cut off via the butcher anyway.

Archived