Do you ever delay going to the loo?

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Utter weirdo.

True but... I am on tablets because of my heart problem where I have to control my water intake where I take pills that control the amount of fluid (water etc)  I take which means I have to have a pee more than I would like, having a wee drink is a nightmare that's why I have a drink at home than the pub or club, I can use the loo here at home instead of lining up with a load of guys shaking their pricks.   

On 20/10/2019 at 23:39, Toinho said:

I’m jealous of people who can go to the toilet at work whenever they like. 

At my office they can track your time at your computer. So whilst you can get up at any time, you're only allowed like a cumulative 5 minutes at the loo.

35 minutes ago, True Blue said:

That's a bit strict

Yeah it's a fucking pain. If you're quick it's maybe enough for two pisses. 

In the future basically any computer-facing job is going to become the same I think - every action can be tracked, so they'll start insisting that you be working every moment outwith your legally-mandated breaks. 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yeah it's a fucking pain. If you're quick it's maybe enough for two pisses. 

In the future basically any computer-facing job is going to become the same I think - every action can be tracked, so they'll start insisting that you be working every moment outwith your legally-mandated breaks. 

What is your job?

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

At my office they can track your time at your computer. So whilst you can get up at any time, you're only allowed like a cumulative 5 minutes at the loo.

Wow!

I have to time it for before school or one of either recess or lunch if I have time. I don’t drink anywhere near enough water throughout the day though, really. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

That must suck for a smoker.

Smokers get away with a lot of breaks to be fair.

I know some people back at the office who go out almost every hour for a good 10-15 minutes.

Whereas if I, as a non-smoker, fancied stopping work for that amount of time and that regularity, I'd get pulled up for it fairly quick. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I know some people back at the office who go out almost every hour for a good 10-15 minutes.

Whereas if I, as a non-smoker, fancied stopping work for that amount of time and that regularity, I'd get pulled up for it fairly quick. 

Yeah, because they were able to smoke inside before and now they aren't, i'm sure many would prefer to smoke inside rather than the breaks.

On 22/10/2019 at 05:06, Stan said:

Just say you were taking a fag break :what:

I shit and piss when I want. Apparently that’s a luxury. I am blessed

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just say you were taking a fag break :what:

I shit and piss when I want. Apparently that’s a luxury. I am blessed

I work from home so it's not necessarily an issue for me. But people know I don't smoke and despise it so it wouldn't really fly...

Just now, Stan said:

I work from home so it's not necessarily an issue for me. But people know I don't smoke and despise it so it wouldn't really fly...

My belief is that smoke breaks can be taken by non-smokers too. As when I was trying to get off cigarettes I found what I missed the most was being able to fuck off out of the office for a bit - especially as I’m in the office pretty late most days, or I’ve got to take work back home with me. It’s a nice way to clear your mind and keep stress away, regardless of whether you’re getting nicotine into your blood stream a lot.

15 min every hour is a bit much though - especially considering a cigarette usually takes 6-7 minutes to smoke. I just walk around the car park for about 4 minutes every few hours and then head back up to my office.

But I realise some jobs might not let people do that every few hours, and some jobs might just not allow smokers at all. But working at a company like mine, I don’t see a problem with allowing workers to take breaks for no reason other than resting their head for a few fucking minutes and getting some fresh air as long as they’re not excessive.

I’d also let people shit and piss when they have to at an office like mine. We’ve got shit to do, so go relieve yourself so you’re not focused on not shitting/pissing your keks and then go get that shit done.

Yeah I think companies working with more complex stuff realise that it's essential that a worker be able to just do nothing for a few minutes semi-frequently. In law firms I've been in, it's pretty liberal in how you use your time - you'll get told something needs to be done in a couple of hours, and then nobody cares what you're doing so long as it ends up done. 

When you're completely stuck with something, it's good to go and get a drink or go to the toilet. Just something to get you moving and change your surroundings for a moment. 

So I'm looking forward to being back in that kind of setting next year. It's just in my current job they prefer people to just go through the motions as quick as possible with as few pauses as possible - obviously the work ends up being done terribly and customer satisfaction is horrendous, but hey. 

• 3 years later...
  • Subscriber

Once during work I needed to send some text messages. Locked myself in sent the texts and unlocked my cubicle. 

My fucking manager was stood there waiting. He said you been nearly 10 minutes and that there was a team meeting. It was a load of bollocks as it took a couple of messages to send the text.

I kicked off big time telling him not to follow me into the toilets again. He backed down over it in the end. It's best to use the disabled toilets if you want to kill time.

Archived