Scunthorpe 2-3 Millwall, 18.30

FINAL
Saturday 20th May, 2017
Bradford vs Millwall, 15.00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Why are these playoffs taking place but the Championship and League 2 haven't even finished yet? You'd think they'd end all the leagues on the same weekend.

What Sky want to fit there schedule Sky get. A lot of players have been vocal about not having a break on Twitter.

• Administrator

Results.

Fleetwood 0-0 Bradford (agg 0-1)
Scunthorpe 2-3 Millwall (agg 2-3)

Bradford vs Millwall in the final on Saturday 20th May. The 2 sides met in the semi-finals last season, Millwall progressing on that occasion. 

Always had a soft spot for Bradford City, I hope they manage to get up through the playoffs. They've been by far the stronger team this season, but it's all down to the lottery of one game. 

I'm thinking Bradford will edge it in extra time.

Delighted that Fleetwood aren't going up with us. It's already a joke that Burton Albion are in the Championship, let alone sodding Fleetwood.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Always had a soft spot for Bradford City, I hope they manage to get up through the playoffs. They've been by far the stronger team this season, but it's all down to the lottery of one game. 

I'm thinking Bradford will edge it in extra time.

Delighted that Fleetwood aren't going up with us. It's already a joke that Burton Albion are in the Championship, let alone sodding Fleetwood.

what's wrong with Burton in Championship?

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's wrong with Burton in Championship?

The novelty of non-league sized clubs getting up the divisions for any extended period of time doesn't really stick with me. 

Fleetwood, Burton Albion, Stevenage, Crawley, Morecambe - tiny clubs in pokey areas full of kids in Chelsea tops. I personally find the clubs slightly plastic and have almost zero interest in them - hurray that they got out of non-league, but I'd much rather see well-supported, mildly significant clubs like Tranmere Rovers, Wrexham, Stockport County and Lincoln City in their place. 

20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Hoping Bradford get promoted. Been a little while since they were in the Championship.

2002/03 weren't it? That's when I realised, at the age of 12, that signing players at the end of their careers is not a sustainable business model. Yet teams like Blackpool were making the same mistakes over a decade later.

I dislike Millwall but I think they'll offer more and could be more competitive in the league than Bradford. So I'd rather they do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this game today.

Kills me to say it but I wouldn't mind Milwall winning this one because I quite like the set up they have with players and staff who genuinely care about the club. It's just a shame for the supporters that go at the moment that as soon a season they become a half decent club all of the knuckle draggers who don't bother with the club now will come out of the woodwork when media interest picks up to shatter the clubs reputation.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived