Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Var only in var thread rule??

I do this as well so not gonna pretend I don't.

Var is the brexit of football. Just a personal suggestion that perhaps the forum could have a strict policy that var discussions are only for the var thread. A number of threads have been hijacked by var discussions. Obviously when people see a comment made they are going to reply to it if they disagree which can result in threads being highjacked. Sometimes the decision are a big part of a game and so it will get discussed in the game thread but perhaps the forum could have a rule that discussion is only to be about that game and not about var as whole to stop threads getting highjacked.

Just something I thought I would suggest.

Difficult to police as VAR is going to be a discussion point in a lot of games because it's so instrumental these days and the polarisation of it all. 

General VAR stuff maybe but I personally won't be splitting posts in to a different thread when VAR is discussed in a match thread when it has or had such an influence. 

A thread for the merits of VAR would be fine. But keeping it out of Match threads will never work

VAR is always going to be discussed in match threads but I agree that if we are going to be debating whether VAR is ready to be used in matches or not it should be in a separate thread of it's own.

It took me a good 5 minutes to understand the thread title.