The better place to talk football.

The Outsider - HBO Stephen King Series

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Love King's novels but I'm a bit skeptical as the adaptations of his works are usually a hit or miss... From recent ones 11.22.63 was great but Under the Dome was complete rubbish. This one looks good though. Will definitely give it a go.

• 1 month later...

I only watched episode 1 last night but my god was I gripped straight away. The tone is absolutely perfect and it really was a brilliant opening episode. Looking forward to watching the second when I get home from work. 

First episode was fantastic. Great mystery, thrilling, a very good and eerie soundtrack, the acting was fantastic as well. If it continues like this, it deserves every plaudit coming it's way. 

Jason Bateman even directed the first episode. :o 

• Subscriber

I settled in and watched the first and second episodes last night... because I couldnt not watch a second episode after that first one oh man. This is turning out to be a fantastic watch Im already taken in right out of the gates. It reminds me a bit of True Detective season 1; kind of creepy background vibes and undertones going on the whole time. 

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I settled in and watched the first and second episodes last night... because I couldnt not watch a second episode after that first one oh man. This is turning out to be a fantastic watch Im already taken in right out of the gates. It reminds me a bit of True Detective season 1; kind of creepy background vibes and undertones going on the whole time. 

That's the impression I've got from the trailer and the reason why I'm reluctant to watch it...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ah my better half is a chicken and she sat through it because its enthralling all the same. Watch the first episode and I gurantee youll keep going :D

Maaaybe :35_thinking:

• 2 weeks later...

Five episodes in. I usually love slow burn tv shows, but this one is kind of stretching my patience. Since episode 2, not a lot has happened. I’ll persist at this point, but it really needs to improve. 

I've heard this one's really really good. I've not seen any of it though - and tbh, it's hard for me to see Jason Bateman as any other character other than Michael Bluth... but I think I'll have to give this a watch sooner or later.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

it's hard for me to see Jason Bateman as any other character other than Michael Bluth...

Heh, I remember that I used to watch the Hogan Clan back in the 90s, where he played my favourite character. So I already saw him as something else before I saw Arrested Development. 

In all seriousness though, he's a great drama actor as well. He's great in Ozark, he was very good in this as well: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4178092/

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2020 at 20:55, Viva la FCB said:

I cant wait for the finale, these last couple episodes have been ramping way up. Man I hate how they leave cliffhangers like they did xD

Yeah, the show really has hit great heights for me. I’m loving it. Gutted there’s only one left, cannot wait! 

Archived