talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019 MLS Playoffs [Conference Semifinals]

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruidiaz is such a clutch player. If his goalscoring record already wasn't good enough, he has 6 playoff goals in 5 games, and of course he saved Monarcas from relegation.

He's still far behind Ibrahimovic and Vela but I'd say he and Josef battle it out for 3rd best striker in the MLS. 

His first goal was an outstanding dribble and finish.

Sucks for Vela but that's what he gets for "retiring" from the NT :D Ruidiaz was a part of the reason why monarcas didn't relegate but they are still around and it was a team effort PLUS having Veracruz and what ever chumps were up for a one and done. I still wouldn't rate him up there with Josef, as consistency throughout the whole season is still his biggest flaw. 

Only reason I say he battles it with Josef is overall quality + his goalscoring record in Mexico which was not THAT long ago.

It is true that Ruidiaz struggled to return from his injury, but his record in playoffs cannot be denied. Both Josef and Raul are way behind the top 2 though.

7 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Ruidiaz is such a clutch player. If his goalscoring record already wasn't good enough, he has 6 playoff goals in 5 games, and of course he saved Monarcas from relegation.

He's still far behind Ibrahimovic and Vela but I'd say he and Josef battle it out for 3rd best striker in the MLS. 

His first goal was an outstanding dribble and finish.

We'll see. I like Ruidiaz, but I'm not sure I'd put him up there..yet. 

Vela is clearly the best player and creater, Josef might be the best finisher now that it appears that Ibra is leaving the MLS. 

This may sound silly, but I'm not even sure he is the best striker on his team. Jordan Morris, when healthy, is deadly. Rossi on LAFC is also an incredible goal scoring machine. 

What Vela did this year, and Josef last year, just puts them in the lead for me. Josef seems so happy in the MLS, and if he stays, he'll have a great chance to shatter the MLS record for goals scored. 

The record is Wando's with 159 goals, and after only 3 years, Josef already has 81 goals and he's 26 xD

I was happy for Seattle though. They were the original Staple of how to run a franchise from start to present day. Since Day 1 they have been a force. Plus it now means that if we win tonight, the MLS Final will be in Atlanta. 

7 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Sucks for Vela but that's what he gets for "retiring" from the NT :D Ruidiaz was a part of the reason why monarcas didn't relegate but they are still around and it was a team effort PLUS having Veracruz and what ever chumps were up for a one and done. I still wouldn't rate him up there with Josef, as consistency throughout the whole season is still his biggest flaw. 

Ha - I'm still not sure why he doesn't like the Mexican NT, but whatever. 

Ruidiaz, this year has caught Josef in ratings, but he's closed the gap just because Ruidiaz seemed more comfortable this year. 

Half-Time. 

Toronto 1 - 1 Atlanta. 

We've had a ton of possession and better chances. While Toronto's goal was a well set up play, they have otherwise offered very little going forward. 

I want TFC to win because that means Seattle would be home and increases the chances of them winning the whole thing.

Atlanta in the final would make for a proper game though. Seattle and Atlanta, the USA's 2 biggest soccer cities.

Oh wow.

I didn't see that coming at all. 

Atlanta has lost to Toronto 2-1. Kudos to Toronto for their two rocket goals, which were truly special. 

An MLS final of Seattle vs Toronto......I doubt many people saw that coming this year. 

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, Eco said:

This may sound silly, but I'm not even sure he is the best striker on his team. Jordan Morris, when healthy, is deadly. Rossi on LAFC is also an incredible goal scoring machine. 

While I don't agree, I am a big fan of Jordan Morris. He's helped this team click to actually be a "team". Last year Ruidiaz carried the team, but this year they don't rely on him as much. Lodeiro, Raul and Morris were all superb.

Archived