talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Cringe Topic

football forum

On 21/10/2019 at 12:35, Tommy said:

Videos, pictures or anything that makes you cringe. 

I think singing about being "horny and lazy" while doing an interesting dance at a kids party is pretty cringy. 

I don't even know what to say about something like that other than "Just pass me the hose kids, Dad will scare it away"

It's worse because she believes in herself enough to put everyone through that and not one fucker from her circle of friends or even family was was brave enough to tell her to stop.. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

I think it depends on the situation. If you're a white kid growing up on an estate in Hackney and the majority of their mates are black, then it's very normal that they are going to be influenced in how they speak, dress, etc.

I know black people who speak like a Northern white lad, it doesn't mean they are 'acting white'.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I think it depends on the situation. If you're a white kid growing up on an estate in Hackney and the majority of their mates are black, then it's very normal that they are going to be influenced in how they speak, dress, etc.

I know black people who speak like a Northern white lad, it doesn't mean they are 'acting white'.

It’s culture. It’s not acting ‘black’, which can be seen pretty disrespectful. 

If you are raised in a culture that speaks like that, you will likely speak like that. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Attention seeking. Especially when it's done by grown ups on social media.

To further this I think social media as whole is so cringey. My better half is always scrolling on instagram and the shit people like and post ugh I just die a little bit more inside everytime and lose a little bit more faith in the humanity.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

To further this I think social media as whole is so cringey. My better half is always scrolling on instagram and the shit people like and post ugh I just die a little bit more inside everytime and lose a little bit more faith in the humanity.

I see what you mean and I agree on so many accounts but as someone who sees social media primarily as a great platform for exchange of information, it makes me sad that it's been mostly reduced to immature ego manifestations. Not surprising mind - but still sad.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I see what you mean and I agree on so many accounts but as someone who sees social media primarily as a great platform for exchange of information, it makes me sad that it's been mostly reduced to immature ego manifestations. Not surprising mind - but still sad.

Youre absolutely right and maybe thats the biggest travesty in all this is that the idea itself is great but using it in that way definitely comes second or even further down. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Tommy said:

Here's another. This is what happens if you leave your basement for the first time in years.

*nervously sips empty energy drink*

e-Sports on the whole is pretty toxic and a cringe filled environment. I watch a lot of Overwatch, DOTA and SF tournaments online and the things these kids say to presenters, to their competitors and sometimes to each other makes you wonder what they are like when they leave the e-Sports environment. Granted there are some really nice folks out there too but for the most part they are all entitled punks who think that they can get away with saying anything. Its why i stopped playing Counter Strike which to me is the most toxic online e-sports experience one can ever experience. 

• Upvote 1