Ballon D'Or 2019

football forum

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

. No way in fucking hell he deserves it 

1. Highest goal scorer in Europe

2. Highest chance creator in Europe. Matter of fact he is miles away from 2nd place in chance creation. 

3. Most hattrics. 

4. Most FK’s 

Erm, explain again how ‘no way in fucking hell’ he deserves it? xD

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Because Sterling has played better? :what:

How many Barcelona games did you watch? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

So if he is the best player in the world we should give it to him every season regardless if other players had better seasons?

That's fair but who had a better season?

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

1. Highest goal scorer in Europe

2. Highest chance creator in Europe. Matter of fact he is miles away from 2nd place in chance creation. 

3. Most hattrics. 

4. Most FK’s 

Erm, explain again how ‘no way in fucking hell’ he deserves it? xD

According to the Rules of Allocation, that's just half of what the voters take into consideration,  overall behavior ON AND OFF THE FIELD..

Coaches and players have admitted that Messi lacks leadership. The star of the team should be setting an example for the rest. How does a Plethora of bathroom breaks and playing fifa help his teammates?

Have you forgotten his behaviour during the copa America? I haven't 

People say Messi gets given this award easily. but he didn't even appear on the shortlist last year, despite pretty much carrying his side to a double and performing to a ridiculous level. Valverde is lucky to have Messi, as he wouldn't be in a job now if not. The football and the tactics are horrible, players are being held back and it's been a while since Barcelona have looked so out of ideas and so poor.

In 2016 and 17, he was consistently immense in everything he did, but lost the award to a player who was a ghost for half of both of the said 2 seasons, before scoring a bunch of latter round champs league goals then winning the Ballon d'or, even though Messi actually performed to a far higher standard over the 12 month period in said years.

If anything, he has to work much harder to win it than other players.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Official. Messi’s won his 6th 

I know everyone is going to say Virgil was robbed but Messi has also been exceptional for the calendar year. Plus, it was kind of decided already and everyone knew who was going to win it.

I wonder what more Lewandowski has to do to win it. Maybe winning the Champions League will make it impossible for others to ignore the fact that his performances are world class(Lets be honest, he is highly unlikely to win anything with Poland anytime soon). 

I can't begrudge Messi the win, he has been awesome as usual for many games, but Lewandowski has been just as good, maybe even more consistent than Messi. Lewandowski has been a goal machine this year for both club and country, his performances have been world class.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Michael said:

I wonder what more Lewandowski has to do to win it. Maybe winning the Champions League will make it impossible for others to ignore the fact that his performances are world class(Lets be honest, he is highly unlikely to win anything with Poland anytime soon). 

I can't begrudge Messi the win, he has been awesome as usual for many games, but Lewandowski has been just as good, maybe even more consistent than Messi. Lewandowski has been a goal machine this year for both club and country, his performances have been world class.

Just ask Ribery. He cant win it with his current club and country. 

5 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Change nationality.

That was actually something I wanted to say, but I didn't want to sound controversial. But I do believe that there is slight favoritism or bias at times, depending on where a player is from.

If Lewandowski was English, German, Brazilian or Spanish, you can be assured that the whole world would be going delirious about him and his performances.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Michael said:

Ribery is way past his best mate and he doesn't even play for his country anymore, as you are well aware. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah i just mean Ribery in 2013 finished 3rd while basically achieving everything he could that year personally and for club. 

5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Nah i just mean Ribery in 2013 finished 3rd while basically achieving everything he could that year personally and for club. 

Ok, I see, when you said his current club, I thought you meant Fiorentina. 

I totally concur, Ribery was definitely robbed in 2013, he fully deserved to win it that year.

It's hard to argue against Messi. This is a time where loads of Barca fans are talking about how shite their manager is and think he's nowhere good enough and holding Barca back. Yet he's won numerous titles with Barca... and it's all through the pure brilliance of Messi.

Their 2 legs against us in Europe were sort of a microcosm of how fucking great Messi is. Their 3 goals against us away from home were all created by Messi's brilliance - we played well, but they were 3-0 winners because he was the difference maker. And then at Anfield, Barca didn't score... but Messi was at the heart of everything good Barca did (really only him and Vidal could come out of that second leg and feel proud with their performances over the two legs imo). Every chance they had against us at Anfield was either a chance Messi made for himself or made for someone else. And it was the same when they beat us.

Looking at what he's accomplished despite being at a side that many consider as being "held back" is all the more impressive.

Archived