talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Club Memberships

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

What do you get for the privilege of buying a membership for a club? 

Pretty much answered on the first page of this thread before it went off topic.

On 22/10/2019 at 15:47, Rucksackfranzose said:

Basicly an quarterly member magazine, a right of first refusal at matches that are supposed to be sold out, if you're going to attend them although you're not local, sometimes even at a lower price, and of course you may give a person of your trust a mandate to execute your voting rights at the annual member assembly.

On 22/10/2019 at 15:50, nudge said:

The names of the membership tiers might vary from club to club but when it comes to Werder the only difference between the two is having a right to vote - Fördermitglieder don't have this right whereas Vollmitglieder do. 

Being a member has a few advantages in general; the main ones being discounts on season tickets, two free match tickets, priority in getting tickets for top and away matches, discount on merchandise and then some other small stuff like club magazine etc. A full membership with voting right obviously gives you a direct say in how the club is run so there's that. Back when I became a member I was living nearby and going to matches from time to time but to be honest I never had a chance to use any of the membership benefits anyway (other than free stadium tour). For me it's just about supporting the club and being part of it hence why I'm still a paying member and probably will be for life (depending on how silly the cost gets of course).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why Augsburg all of a sudden? Did I miss something? :35_thinking:

I guess so. I explained ti to nudge briefly 

Been doing research, and narrowed it down to essentially 3-4 teams. Took out Freiburg because of their niche atmosphere, and honestly I like them, but never really could get excited about them. Took out Schalke despite their strong American ties, and then eliminated Union are they are a bit too 'hip' for my liking. 

And then I researched Augsburg, and rather enjoy their climb to the Bundesliga and their attempt at becoming a mainstay. I sent them a research and they ended up emailing me in length about their excitement for my interest in Augsburg. I asked to see if they had an English membership form, and they did and sent it to me, and I said alright..they are in Bavaria, which is one of my favorite regions, great beer, great kits, and so I have my German membership :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I see. Not a big fan of their "investor" who's not opposed to getting rid of 50+1. 

Unless you are Bayern, I don't think any real investor is going to be thrilled with the 50+1 rule as it doesn't give them complete control. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/10/2019 at 13:25, Eco said:

Damn - I found this online which shows 'roughly' the same numbers. 

germany_2019-20_club-membership-size_map_e_.gif

I'm a member at Schalke and received an email from them yesterday about some slight changes to the membership conditions and in the email they mentioned that there are 160,000 members now at Schalke so yes I'd agree this chart is quite accurate! 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I'm a member at Schalke and received an email from them yesterday about some slight changes to the membership conditions and in the email they mentioned that there are 160,000 members now at Schalke so yes I'd agree this chart is quite accurate! 

Welcome to the forum @Jimmy

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Welcome sir! 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Well - I believe that I've finally paid for Year 2 of my Augsburg membership. Thank you @Tommy for being on call, but I got in touch with my bank and was able to just directly transfer the funds. 

Now it's just about waiting for confirmation, but here. we. go! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Well - I believe that I've finally paid for Year 2 of my Augsburg membership. Thank you @Tommy for being on call, but I got in touch with my bank and was able to just directly transfer the funds. 

I was considering a membership for a smaller club.  Dortmund doesn't need my money xD.  I have an application for Freiburg.  Was also considering Osnabrück as my family are originally from there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Coma said:

I was considering a membership for a smaller club.  Dortmund doesn't need my money xD.  I have an application for Freiburg.  Was also considering Osnabrück as my family are originally from there.

Nice. Yeah, I joined Augsburg last year, and so it's nice to re-up with them for year 2. 

I also placed a fairly large order for shirts and kits as you can't really find a site that sells knock offs for cheap, so I went ahead and got a home, away, and 3rd, plus 4 shirts, and some sweatbands that I'll wear for tennis. xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Nice one! Now I can put my phone back on silent so nobody bothers me. xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coma said:

Just curious, how much was the membership for Augsburg?  I did some research and the costs vary significantly per club.

Here's the invoice - 

1570594658_ScreenShot2021-07-08at10_25_05AM.thumb.png.5c98dbd8ad72422d5ab4068426abf098.png

• Upvote 1