talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Club Memberships

football forum

• Subscriber
On 22/10/2019 at 14:25, Eco said:

Is there any valid, publicly released data on the teams and their membership numbers? 

It's one of the things I absolutely love about German football, the 50+1 rule, and while you have a few teams that skate around it, it's still a good rule and one that should be admired. 

I did find this chart, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. 

image.thumb.png.4e10a8cd92f84191d1576df15ec445ed.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/595935/german-bundesliga-clubs-member-numbers/

Found this from Kicker today - a list of 18 clubs with most members. 8 of them are in the 2. Liga this season.

FB_IMG_1626793142444.thumb.jpg.2519402ed557778d44fb87bf4163a194.jpg

It's also good to see that the clubs that have been struggling and/or got relegated in recent years could not only hold their membership members, but actually even increase them.

Union membership figures rose most significantly - around 8000 more in two years in 1. Bundesliga.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, nudge said:

Found this from Kicker today - a list of 18 clubs with most members. 8 of them are in the 2. Liga this season.

FB_IMG_1626793142444.thumb.jpg.2519402ed557778d44fb87bf4163a194.jpg

It's also good to see that the clubs that have been struggling and/or got relegated in recent years could not only hold their membership members, but actually even increase them.

Union membership figures rose most significantly - around 8000 more in two years in 1. Bundesliga.

Union has almost caught Hertha.  Love to see it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Coma said:

Anyone seen @Eco? I was going to ask him about the membership application and the whole IBAN thing.

Greetings, sir. I have stepped away from the forum while dealing with family things.

What do you want to know good sir. the IBAN is a odd process, but I can hopefully answer any questions you may have.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Greetings, sir. I have stepped away from the forum while dealing with family things.

What do you want to know good sir. the IBAN is a odd process, but I can hopefully answer any questions you may have.

Welcome back! 

14 hours ago, Eco said:

Glad you could make it back.  Hope everything is going OK with you and your family.  

So when you apply for a membership the club won't take a credit card, which I find weird, but it is what it is.  My question is, what is the IBAN number?  Is it somehow linked or part of your routing/bank account number?

5 hours ago, Coma said:

Glad you could make it back.  Hope everything is going OK with you and your family.  

So when you apply for a membership the club won't take a credit card, which I find weird, but it is what it is.  My question is, what is the IBAN number?  Is it somehow linked or part of your routing/bank account number?

Does this help?

https://wise.com/gb/iban/germany

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

If everything else doesn't work, as your bank for your IBAN, since you got one.:)

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I used that link to jump around a bit and it looks like Europe uses the IBAN # system and the US just issues a Routing #, which I do have.  I was asked specifically for an IBAN but I don't think the club knew I wasn't in Deutschland.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
Just now, Coma said:

I used that link to jump around a bit and it looks like Europe uses the IBAN # system and the US just issues a Routing #, which I do have.  I was asked specifically for an IBAN but I don't think the club knew I wasn't in Deutschland.

I'd just open a Wise account, if I were you. You can open a Euro account and get an IBAN account number for transactions in Europe. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2022 at 17:05, Tommy said:

Welcome back! 

Ha thanks but I'm not back, was just told about this and wanted to help out Coma.

On 12/01/2022 at 06:07, Coma said:

So, with Augsburg, the IBAN is an international bank number.

For Augsburg, they provided me with their account numbers, and I was able to just set up a wire transfer directly into their accoutn with my Mitiglied # .

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Coma said:

Can't post it on here for some reason as my Twitter isn't working, but I just saw Bremen's membership is 42k+ now.  All time high according to the official account.

Yep, and it's the first time the membership number is higher than the capacity of Weserstadion! 

42.407 members in total.

22.335 Vollmitglieder
20.072 Fördermitglieder

• Upvote 2

Frankfurt attracted 30k new members this year. They now have over 120k members now, maybe I'll be corrected, still suppose they overtook Köln as the 4th biggest club now. Even, if I'm wrong gaining 30k new members is impressive, shows that European success is more valuable for the club achieving it, than I thought.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 2