talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would you go to Man Utd?

• Subscriber

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

have absolutely ZERO footballing people in the club hierarchy. Woodward can’t even name one when asked. Until he’s gone, we’re absolutely doomed to spend eternity in mid-table. The money keeps rolling in so he thinks his job is done. 

Every time I hear that batards name it sends a shiver down my spine and as you said Until he's gone...the sooner the fucking better.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
23 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The problem is that Ferguson and Edwards (then Gill) ran the club till the silly dickhead got his pants in a twist over a horse and the club got sold to the Glazers. Martin Edwards and David Gill were football men, blokes that knew the intricacies of signing the right player, knowing other clubs chairman and had ties to uefa and fifa. We have absolutely ZERO footballing people in the club hierarchy. Woodward can’t even name one when asked. Until he’s gone, we’re absolutely doomed to spend eternity in mid table. The money keeps rolling in so he thinks his job is done. 

Is it easily remedied though? I mean anyone with a footballing brain would love to come to the financial powerhouse you'll are so I would imagine its not a matter of finding people but Woodward's stubbornness to give up the throne? 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Is it easily remedied though? I mean anyone with a footballing brain would love to come to the financial powerhouse you'll are so I would imagine its not a matter of finding people but Woodward's stubbornness to give up the throne? 

Right now, Manchester United is a business, with football a secondary afterthought. The Glazers have seen United through an awful 5 years (for a club as ‘big’ as United) with an FA Cup and Europa League to show for it. Those ‘successes’ masked the very real issue of what goes on behind the scenes. However, as a business, Manchester United continue to make record profits and get official condom sponsorships from Lebanon so Woodward IS doing his job from the point of view of the owners. We needs sponsorship to dry up or a change of ownership. Neither will happen in the next 5 years and United will continue to languish. 

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Liverpool still managed to attract players like Xabi Alonso, Torres and Suarez when they were this shite for longer than United have been so I don't see why players wouldn't still go there. Pogba and Sanchez are among those that have still joined up recently. If City or Barcelona are sniffing around instead then they'll get shoulder barged out of the way but they're still an attractive club to play for. They still have the money, stadium, prestige and infastructure to attract top players and convince most that they're always only a couple of years away from being a serious proposition again.

We got Xabi and Torres when we were in the CL though. Xabi after signing one of the more highly rated managers from Spain, not while we had some guy who’d previously relegated Cardiff at the helm. And Torres after we’d made our second CL final in 2 years. So that’s a bit different.

We got Suarez mostly because other big clubs were put off by his disciplinary record and he’d just... bitten someone right before. A fairly risky transfer to see if he was worth the trouble (he sort of was).

Agreed they have the infrastructure to make similar signings. But the circumstances are a bit different.

@DeadLinesman has it right though. Can United sign good players? Yes. Because they have money.

They should focus on a new director of football and a manager with that money first 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The problem is that Ferguson and Edwards (then Gill) ran the club till the silly dickhead got his pants in a twist over a horse and the club got sold to the Glazers.

Aye, The Rock of Gibraltar, I wish Woodward and the Glazers fucked off to Gibraltar and live in a tent right at the top.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with Manchester Uniteds standing in world football. The red flag against the club just now is who is running the club\making football decisions.

If nobody else wants you, then sign. That's United's biggest problem, today top players have many more options than when Fergie was scaring the life out of his squad.

• Subscriber

Absolutely no chance Kane would go to United. Not convinced he will leave at all - but if he did it would be to a club that is guaranteed trophies - it's the only thing missing. United aren't that. Money is certainly not going to be able to attract Kane - he gets paid very well at Spurs now, and definitely isn't the consideration for his career. I think he wants to be our, the Premier League's and England's top goalscorer of all time - and he certainly has a shot at it.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Absolutely no chance Kane would go to United. Not convinced he will leave at all - but if he did it would be to a club that is guaranteed trophies - it's the only thing missing. United aren't that. Money is certainly not going to be able to attract Kane - he gets paid very well at Spurs now, and definitely isn't the consideration for his career. I think he wants to be our, the Premier League's and England's top goalscorer of all time - and he certainly has a shot at it.

He gets paid peanuts for a world class centre forward. £200k a week is nothing if somebody calls calling with £300k, which Madrid, Barsa, Bayern etc all could easily pay him. Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore.

9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Of course, there is nothing wrong with Manchester Uniteds standing in world football. The red flag against the club just now is who is running the club\making football decisions.

If nobody else wants you, then sign. That's United's biggest problem, today top players have many more options than when Fergie was scaring the life out of his squad.

Nail, Head. There’s simply more options these days.

• Subscriber
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

He gets paid peanuts for a world class centre forward. £200k a week is nothing if somebody calls calling with £300k, which Madrid, Barsa, Bayern etc all could easily pay him. Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore.

That's just not true - 200k is certainly not peanuts, but that number will continue to rise now the new stadium is built. Kane will get a blank cheque. Loyalty definitely does exist in the case of Kane. He doesn't want to leave ever, he just wants us to match his ambition and start winning things. If that doesn't happen, maybe he does leave. But don't underestimate how much he loves the club, how settled he is and how he currently has no interest in going elsewhere. He may be a rare example, but it does still exist.

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

That's just not true - 200k is certainly not peanuts, but that number will continue to rise now the new stadium is built. Kane will get a blank cheque. Loyalty definitely does exist in the case of Kane. He doesn't want to leave ever, he just wants us to match his ambition and start winning things. If that doesn't happen, maybe he does leave. But don't underestimate how much he loves the club, how settled he is and how he currently has no interest in going elsewhere. He may be a rare example, but it does still exist.

Spurs smashed the wage structure to afford £200k. It’s highly unlikely you’ll be able to raise that to £300k as all the other players will be watching what happens. Time till tell. I’m not saying he’s not loyal per say, but it’s not the mid 90’s anymore. Players will follow long term contracts that pay them the most. And there’s as much chance of you winning the title in the next 5 years as United. None.

Keane's right, if United want Kane, they can go pay whatever the fee is and throw a shit ton of wages at him, he'd sign.  They're only a striker and 2 midfielders off a seriously competitive first 11 and I fully expect those positions addressed in the next 2 windows, providing the players they have at the minute can get the results that'll keep Solskjaer in the role until then.

If you throw 3 players ..... 

A) Milinkovic-Savic or Declan Rice for a defensive shield and some midfield presence.

B) Bruno Fernandes , Jack Grealish or  or James Maddison for a creative spark in the middle.

C) Erling Braut Haaland or Moussa Dembele for a pacey goalscorer.

Add those 3 players, which is not unrealistic, no-one could argue they're not then a formidable 1st 11, with De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Lindelof/Maguire/Tuanzebe, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, Pereira in a free role behind the strikers, Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood etc ..... Its not a massive stretch to say they'll sign in those 3 areas in the next 2 windows, suddenly Solskjaer has a team that can play the football he is trying to incorporate.  

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Spurs smashed the wage structure to afford £200k. It’s highly unlikely you’ll be able to raise that to £300k as all the other players will be watching what happens. Time till tell. I’m not saying he’s not loyal per say, but it’s not the mid 90’s anymore. Players will follow long term contracts that pay them the most. And there’s as much chance of you winning the title in the next 5 years as United. None.

We didn't - we just always keep it as a percentage of income - around 45%. As the income goes up so do the wages. If anyone can get that money it will be Kane, and nobody can have any complaints. Yeah but that's the point. The only reason he leaves Spurs is if he's desperate to win stuff. That means he's not going to United.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Shinji Doherty said:

Keane's right, if United want Kane, they can go pay whatever the fee is and throw a shit ton of wages at him, he'd sign. 

Deluded. Why would he go to United now? There's one club in England that may have a chance. City. Abroad possibly Barca/Madrid and maybe Bayern. Genuinely think that is it. I can't see any of them stumping up the £200 odd million or whatever it would be right now to even get Levy to consider.

Keane is living in the past. And so are you if you think it's as easy as that for United now.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Storts said:

What's the Spurs record? I thought he had it already. 

On 22/10/2019 at 10:46, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah, but I’ve always hated them and would never have gone there even if they were good.

Fuck em 

why not? Imagine they are in a cup final and and in the 96th minute you get a chance to score an own goal and make them lose and piss them off for eternity... why would you not do that?

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Deluded. Why would he go to United now? There's one club in England that may have a chance. City. Abroad possibly Barca/Madrid and maybe Bayern. Genuinely think that is it. I can't see any of them stumping up the £200 odd million or whatever it would be right now to even get Levy to consider.

Keane is living in the past. And so are you if you think it's as easy as that for United now.

Because money and noteriety talks. It's deluded to think there isn't a chance to happen. He earns a mint at Tottenham but Man United would bring his profile to a new level and garuantee money and success that goes beyond what Tottenham can do for him; even if the latter are a far more competitive team at the moment.  I thought the same thing about Hazard and it's not nice to think about the star player so readily leaving, so I understand that you want to deny the possibility.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because money and noteriety talks. It's deluded to think there isn't a chance to happen. He earns a mint at Tottenham but Man United would bring his profile to a new level and garuantee money and success that goes beyond what Tottenham can do for him; even if the latter are a far more competitive team at the moment.  I thought the same thing about Hazard and it's not nice to think about the star player so readily leaving, so I understand that you want to deny the possibility.

No it doesn't - not anymore. I don't think people quite comprehend the attachment he has to Tottenham. He would leave for one thing, trophies, and even then I'm not convinced he will go. But Manchester United cannot offer him that right now. They are not a better proposition than we are. Hazard is not even close to being similar. An import from France - who is Belgian. Kane has been at the club since he was 11, the whole family is Spurs - he's said so many times what he wants to achieve at the club and how happy he is there. I'm not denying the possibility of him leaving though...at some point it may happen. What I'm saying is it won't be to Manchester United. Money and notoriety in that sense isn't what drives him. And for anyone to think otherwise on this topic is just wrong - and hasn't followed his career and his comments closely enough. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

No it doesn't - not anymore. I don't think people quite comprehend the attachment he has to Tottenham. He would leave for one thing, trophies, and even then I'm not convinced he will go. But Manchester United cannot offer him that right now. They are not a better proposition than we are. Hazard is not even close to being similar. An import from France - who is Belgian. Kane has been at the club since he was 11, the whole family is Spurs - he's said so many times what he wants to achieve at the club and how happy he is there. I'm not denying the possibility of him leaving though...at some point it may happen. What I'm saying is it won't be to Manchester United. Money and notoriety in that sense isn't what drives him. And for anyone to think otherwise on this topic is just wrong - and hasn't followed his career and his comments closely enough. 

I don't really believe that at all. Luis Figo left Barcelona, Giuseppe Meazza played for Milan, it happens despite what people say. I'll believe it when it's all said and done; not conjecture.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't really believe that at all. Luis Figo left Barcelona, Giuseppe Meazza played for Milan, it happens despite what people say. I'll believe it when it's all said and done; not conjecture.

People have been saying he is going to leave for years. He hasn't. The question is about Manchester United. There's no chance they can get him. That's all 

Archived