talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2017/18

football forum

No idea if we'll make a proper section on the homepage like we have in the past but I'll start a thread anyway. 

Who's doing what, as we know some Premier League teams have already announced plans to play games on paddy fields in searing 48 degree heat in Asia all in the name of generating income. 

Only friendly I've seen so far (though I don't know if it's 100% official) is:

MK Dons v Brentford - Tuesday 25th July. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoffeinhem are going to…Derby. Saturday 29th July for that one.

QPR have announced a fantastic sounding pre-season tour of Germany, where they'll play Union Berlin and Lok Leipzig. I'm massively jealous about that, that should be great. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

No European/World Tour this year then?

we've been invited to go to Hong Kong along with Liverpool and West Brom I think. in the later days of July,  can't remember when.

Hated the pre-season tour International Champions Cup shite last season. Fucked up our pre-season and players didn't get a proper pre-season playing in to the hands of the organisers. Much rather have the local trips as opposed to playing Barca and PSG in fucking Los Angeles or Stockholm. Pointless for all parties other than the organisers.

Twente are playing some proper weird friendlies over here. They've got Plymouth and…Stranraer. 

Omer Riza had to announce our friendlies on his own personal Twitter account because we have no media team left at the club, at present. We've got Reading and Lincoln City at home and always at Dulwich Hamlet, Aveley, Harlow Town and somewhere else but I've totally forgot where. 

Charlton are going to Ireland for three games and have home games against Norwich and Ipswich lined up, Brighton are off to Austria, Burnley have Preston at Deepdale and Palace have a home game against Schalke.

I quite fancy that Palace v Schalke.

• Subscriber
On 5/10/2017 at 3:37 PM, Stan said:

playing at Luton on 26th July.

New ground for me. Will take me back up to 72 after losing one through the relegation from League Two.

Think we're playing this Hong Kong tournament as well. Absolutely brainless. Extra money on top of being in the most lucrative league in the world prioritised over preparation. Shocking.

I do think however the way last years was handled was exceptionally bad even by the standard of these tournaments.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

New ground for me. Will take me back up to 72 after losing one through the relegation from League Two.

Think we're playing this Hong Kong tournament as well. Absolutely brainless. Extra money on top of being in the most lucrative league in the world prioritised over preparation. Shocking.

I do think however the way last years was handled was exceptionally bad even by the standard of these tournaments.

Playing in Hong Kong isn't that bad considering we did played a couple of seasons ago in Thailand (?) against Everton. Don't remember that many complaints about that.

I'm just glad we have more of a pre-season than last season. More 'local' friendlies and I don't think the HK trip will have as much of an effect as last season's ridiculous worldwide trip. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Playing in Hong Kong isn't that bad considering we did played a couple of seasons ago in Thailand (?) against Everton. Don't remember that many complaints about that.

I'm just glad we have more of a pre-season than last season. More 'local' friendlies and I don't think the HK trip will have as much of an effect as last season's ridiculous worldwide trip. 

Nah it won't which is what I was getting at regarding the final point. Still think we're better off avoiding personally but hey ho. Will you be going to Luton? Good one for you that is surely.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nah it won't which is what I was getting at regarding the final point. Still think we're better off avoiding personally but hey ho. Will you be going to Luton? Good one for you that is surely.

yep most likely, and MK Dons as well. Went a few seasons ago when Pearson scored that cracking volley.

which ones you going to?

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Hopefully by that team we've got Messi and Ronaldo leading our front-line :banana:

I'm sure you'll be able to afford them both after that multi-million transfer of Lukaku to West Ham. How many millions did that bring you?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep most likely, and MK Dons as well. Went a few seasons ago when Pearson scored that cracking volley.

which ones you going to?

Burton and Luton so far.

Rumour going around we have Dortmund at home as well although I've no idea how true that is.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Seems like a risky place to go for a friendly - hope the money is worth it

Only one game, we'll be in and out. 

Trying and then ultimately failing to break another market like we did with America and Asia. 

We only confirmed 3 games for the pre season, Arsenal in Beijing on the 22nd of July then again in the Community Shield marvelous..., then we have Bayern on the 25th and Inter Milan on the 29th of July. Hope we manage to get some Europe games.

Our friendlies bizzarely keep changing and Omer Riza keeps announcing them his personal Twitter account. 

Until they change again we have;

Tottenham (a, behind closed doors) 12/07

Harlow Town (a) 15/07

Lincoln City (h) 18/07

Hampton & Richmond Boro (a) 22/07

Greenwich Borough (a) 22/07

Dulwich Hamlet (a) 25/07

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived