talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2017/18

football forum

Orient beat the second worst side of the 9th tier, Burnham Ramblers (they're a football team, not a group of enthusiastic walkers), 10-0 last night. It should have been a youth friendly but Orient had issues with the game the first team should have been playing so ended up sending a full squad to Burnham. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Our game was drab. Thought we were definitely on top first half but were noticeably poorer when we changed our team. First friendly though, in rubbish conditions, and we have won.

13 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

It's pre-season for a reason.

Only taking the piss mate. Not a massive influx of City fans on here to fish for. 

Although,  you guys were dull and clear lack of cohesion compared to United, who in reality have already played 2 games before this. 

50 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only taking the piss mate. Not a massive influx of City fans on here to fish for. 

Although,  you guys were dull and clear lack of cohesion compared to United, who in reality have already played 2 games before this. 

Managed to catch abit of it but to be honest It's hard to get into pre-season games. I know as football fans we should enjoy any kind of football but still.

Agreed United looked sharp. Looked more up for it.

However defending i imagine will be our downfall if we do not live up to expections. As going forward that shouldn't be an issue. I think working from the back is always risky at times so no matter how much we spend on defenders the risk will always be there.

1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

Managed to catch abit of it but to be honest It's hard to get into pre-season games. I know as football fans we should enjoy any kind of football but still.

Pre season games are shite and mean very little. They're just all about fleecing thousands of weirdos in the US or far East for the Premier League clubs. And before that, say 15-20 years so, probably longer, no one gave a shit about them.

42 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Pre season games are shite and mean very little. They're just all about fleecing thousands of weirdos in the US or far East for the Premier League clubs. And before that, say 15-20 years so, probably longer, no one gave a shit about them.

This. 

Then come October time, a manager of a big club will moan about players being tired due to the amount of travelling they're doing due to Europe and Internationals but failing to mention the ghastly money making exercise of a World Tour they embark on in pre-season. 

• Subscriber

Genk v Everton at 3pm. Line-up - Pickford, Holgate Williams Keane Baines, Schneiderlin Gueye Dowell, Rooney Sandro Klaassen.

Last friendly before competitive action against the Slovakians on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Have to admire Conte's methods on fitness and work ethic during pre-season. We look so sharp and fit

Yea. no-one looking tired or off the pace which has not always been the case in the past.. 

• Subscriber

Very dull match so far. 30 minutes in 0-0, we've been second best despite Rooney having a good chance. I expect us to line up similar to this on Thursday with Mirallas instead of Dowell but I don't think we're carrying enough threat in this line up. Time to fuck off Sigurdsson and go all in for Giroud. 

• Subscriber

The Belgian league starts sooner than ours from what they're saying so they should be further on in their pre season process than us but I don't think we're looking too bad, just not exactly gelled yet. If I'm being a bastard I'd say Schneiderlin and Klaassen are looking rusty in midfield and contributing to us struggling to really control the match, Dowell has given the ball away a few times as well through questionable decision making, you could also argue that the full backs aren't offering much of a threat, not seeing anything massively concerning though.

• Subscriber

A dull match and a sloppy performance to be frank but it's pre season so can take the positives, players getting minutes and a good workout. Looking forward to seeing a very different type of clash on Thursday though, nothing beats competitive action. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived